• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Presentation, project B.E.S.T

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
NTR is not a tag that drives me crazy because it is basically based on the betrayal of the protagonist. then since I'm not crazy about it, I play if there is the possibility of skipping it without ruining the story, if it's almost entirely based on that detail, I usually move on to something else.
(this is my very personal opinion, I count for 1 and maybe the majority see it as a primary factor to play it, so I don't want to say it's wrong or not, I'm just expressing my opinion)
don't worry eagle you're free to have an opinion :) I prefer someone who tells me i don't like that at someone who said : yeah why not ... and do not play...
We are not planning it for the moment...

Reactions: Eagle1900

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
I mean, don't try to make everyone happy.
If you add lots of tags in your game, you will just make everyone equally unhappy.
This is just my experience.
Yeah that's why we don't want to enter into too much fetishes... the story is pretty simple and tagss will come with the development of the feelings with the characters...

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
HI ! D. is at hospital for a planned surgery of her shoulder so she will not do her post today. I'm working on lights today, always on the same scene in the plane with the girls and i will make the following renders for the story. She will be back tomorrow.

Before :
girlsfinal2.png

After :

fillesscenefinal.png

Hope you see the changes and you're happy with the result... Have a good day.
S.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mareeta

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
And here the first banner.... first use of photoshop for me...
Groupe 1.png
If someone knows something good for Text, cause i don't know how to do the "B.E.S.T" logo...

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
HI ! D. is at hospital for a planned surgery of her shoulder
good luck hope all goes well.
you did an excellent job, even the characters seem to have improved a lot, you can see that slowly you are starting to find the right compromise in the various details of the characters.
I like them very much (y)

Lexie lecoeur

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
Hi, for your banner, I think you should have lit your models in the same way. There, I have the impression that there are big differences in the type of skins used. Sometimes too plastic, sometimes realistic, sometimes without details. It could be more harmonious.
---
Salut, pour ta bannière, je pense que tu aurais dû éclairer tes modèles de la meme façon. Là, j'ai l'impression qu'il y a des grosses différences dans le type de skins utilisées. Parfois, trop plastique, parfois réaliste, parfois sans détails. Ça pourrait être plus harmonieux.

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Hi zoners ! Here's Dolyla !

I hope you are all good and ready for the week end coming :)
For me it has been a difficult week cause of my surgery so i cannot use one of my arm for 2 weeks... it's pretty hard to do all with only one hand ! That's why i didn't write anything this last days. But S. had talk a lot as i see !

For the news of the game, during my stay at hospital he have made around 50 renders more for the prologue, the plane scene is finished and we just need to do the renders of the taxi one and prologue will be playable in english... then a translate in french and we will give you the "preview alpha test 1" to see where it goes.

Patreon, subscribestar and itch.io are done, so we will launch it with the preview.

We are so impatient to have your feedbacks !

juliap6.png

As you can see, our girls are ready to fight !!!

I let you there, next news will be around the taxi scene ...
Have a good day !

Dolyla !

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Great news zoners !

As we have a last little scene remaining to do... we think we can give you a preview of our prologue to test it if you have time to do it.

Just Dl here :

I just want to tell you to keep in mind that :
- it's a prototype so it's not focus on quality of rendering or interface...
- We want to know what you think is good, and what you think is bad.
- Don't worry we like critics :)
- And a special point is about the traduction... can you say me if it is sufficient in English ?

Thank you so much for your support since the beginning...

Dolyla

Last edited:

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
Great news zoners !

As we have a last little scene remaining to do... we think we can give you a preview of our prologue to test it if you have time to do it.

Just Dl here :

I just want to tell you to keep in mind that :
- it's a prototype so it's not focus on quality of rendering or interface...
- We want to know what you think is good, and what you think is bad.
- Don't worry we like critics :)
- And a special point is about the traduction... can you say me if it is sufficient in English ?

Thank you so much for your support since the beginning...

Dolyla
wow almost 500 MB for a prologue... there's a lot of stuff, congratulations!
pay attention to this thing for the future too, not now, but it is something that you will have to keep in mind, after the first few chapters.
I'll try it now and let you know what I think

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Update : DL link :

Repack with compressed images and translation FR complete.

Last edited:

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
wow almost 500 MB for a prologue... there's a lot of stuff, congratulations!
pay attention to this thing for the future too, not now, but it is something that you will have to keep in mind, after the first few chapters.
I'll try it now and let you know what I think
No there is not a lot of content ^^ that's just the beginning and it was non-compressed images, the new package, including full french translation is around 300Mb.... that is just the beginning but it's made to see how it goes... if the game, the story, the characters .... fits or not ... Don't hesitate to criticize it cause we really need to know what to improve ( besides the graphical elements as interface or rendering... ).

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
No there is not a lot of content ^^ that's just the beginning and it was non-compressed images, the new package, including full french translation is around 300Mb.... that is just the beginning but it's made to see how it goes... if the game, the story, the characters .... fits or not ... Don't hesitate to criticize it cause we really need to know what to improve ( besides the graphical elements as interface or rendering... ).
well you know I have to translate it into Italian, as soon as I get home, I do it and once it's translated, I'll let you know... tomorrow morning at the latest.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
for what I have been able to see in this very short time, I'll tell you mine:
to me they seem good scenes, everything flows quite well, except one image: but it doesn't count for the purposes of the game, to me the outside of the plane is dismembered, the only "different" image. that is, it is as if you see a film in hd and suddenly there is a scene in sd which is a bit out of place but the rest of the characters also seem to work well, in the end we commented on the flight several times and you improved it a lot from the beginning, so I won't go back.
I can't tell you if English is good for the dialogues, because I immediately translated it into Italian for me, so I'll let native speakers do the talking, they will certainly be more appreciated comments... I just want to ask you my curiosity... the game it is in english, translated into french, why? I would have expected the reverse.
but this is just a curiosity of mine
let's wait for some pulp... real meat, in the first official release ;)

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Hello eagle ! thank you for your review :)
The game is coded in english cause we have seen it is easier for others to make mods, walkthroughs... if it is in english.
The image of the outside of the plane is not definitive ^^ it was a test, with the animation, to see how it works :)

We will continue and see how it goes :) A good rework of textures and some renders to remake.

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Hi zoners ! Here's Dolyla !

We continue with the story and the prologue continue with our taxi scene.
We are struggling with our Vram missing on our 2070 to made these scenes but we use scene optimizer and basic resolutions of characters to do it and it pass so... for the moment we will continue like this :)

A little teasing of what's happening :

hero10.png

This week will be about this scene in particular to finish it, then we will finish the animations for the end of the prologue and reveal you the story beginning in episode 1.

Oh ! I forget we have made a new little baneer !

baneer.png

See you later !

Dolyla

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle1900

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
HI There ! Here's Dolyla :)

So Prologue : First Version complete is finished :)
We have all the base for our game in and we are very proud of it.
We have remake the plane animation to make it faster and fluid. It's now good !

We have work about the baneer and we are very proud of the new one !

Ajouter un titre(6).png

Then the taxi scene has been changed to a new one, and the story has evolve.
Now the real new story of The B.E.S.T game :

Hero thinks he's going to USA for a 6 months linguistic program.
But he's one of the 100 participants of a new program launched by a mysterious man : Mr. Orushi. This program will designate the B.E.S.T student. To do it, every test will eliminate one or more students until there's only one left. Strategy, teamplay, relationship, all will be hard during the game. Are you the first B.E.S.T student ? Your choices will make the difference.

I hope it will please you. We are very excited to invent some tests for our hero !

Now little last present for this week : The last version for you to test if you have time !
This is a complete version of the prologue but we will change some renders, animation, try some things before the real release :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the technical part i have some problems with our workstation : to make an animation with hero who moves, or a girl whose walking or something, our CPU charge at 100% and stop the rendering of Daz, then it doesn't respond like for 1 minute , then render again... so in reality one render for an animation is made in 30 seconds, but to pass to other render it take 2 minutes... when an animation of 10 seconds at 30 fps is 300 renders... you can easily see the problem ...
I think it's too old to make some animations like that... so we will try to make the sexy times like positions or others with renders for the beginning, waiting for a better workstation when financial problems will be over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the link for our latest version :

If you have time and want to see the prologue entirely :)
You're free to comment ! we need comments !

Oh and we have open our patreon page... but we don't know how it works at all so just the link for the moment :

Well that's all for this week ! We will wait for some comments about it and then continue with polishing the prologue and finish the storyboard of episode 1.

See you later !

Dolyla

Last edited:

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Hi all ! Here's Dolyla !

Now that Prologue is finished for the main part, we would like to have more visibility and testers to know what is good, what is bad... Do you think we can ask f95 to make a release and create a topic of the game ? I don't know how to do it but it will show the game to most people who don't pass on this forum and we will have some comments about it ... i don't know if it's a good idea or if we must wait...

Oh and do you know if there is a thread for the girls who plays novels ? i really want their feedbacks too :)

Last edited:

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
You can add your game to the Games list, check this thread on how to do that - you can just add 1 upload mirror as the uploaders will handle the rest.

Forum Link

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
HI There ! Here's Dolyla :)

So Prologue : First Version complete is finished :)
We have all the base for our game in and we are very proud of it.
We have remake the plane animation to make it faster and fluid. It's now good !

We have work about the baneer and we are very proud of the new one !

View attachment 2344213

Then the taxi scene has been changed to a new one, and the story has evolve.
Now the real new story of The B.E.S.T game :

Hero thinks he's going to USA for a 6 months linguistic program.
But he's one of the 100 participants of a new program launched by a mysterious man : Mr. Orushi. This program will designate the B.E.S.T student. To do it, every test will eliminate one or more students until there's only one left. Strategy, teamplay, relationship, all will be hard during the game. Are you the first B.E.S.T student ? Your choices will make the difference.

I hope it will please you. We are very excited to invent some tests for our hero !

Now little last present for this week : The last version for you to test if you have time !
This is a complete version of the prologue but we will change some renders, animation, try some things before the real release :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the technical part i have some problems with our workstation : to make an animation with hero who moves, or a girl whose walking or something, our CPU charge at 100% and stop the rendering of Daz, then it doesn't respond like for 1 minute , then render again... so in reality one render for an animation is made in 30 seconds, but to pass to other render it take 2 minutes... when an animation of 10 seconds at 30 fps is 300 renders... you can easily see the problem ...
I think it's too old to make some animations like that... so we will try to make the sexy times like positions or others with renders for the beginning, waiting for a better workstation when financial problems will be over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the link for our latest version :

If you have time and want to see the prologue entirely :)
You're free to comment ! we need comments !

Oh and we have open our patreon page... but we don't know how it works at all so just the link for the moment :

Well that's all for this week ! We will wait for some comments about it and then continue with polishing the prologue and finish the storyboard of episode 1.

See you later !

Dolyla
It's absolutely crucial to remove the CPU in the render settings :
Capture d’écran 2023-01-29 012602.png

The CPU is useless for rendering, even if it's an 12900k or a Threadripper. Just Remove it.

And make a ticket and ask for the dev badge, so you will have acces to the dev forum with a lot's of usefull tips for rendering.