bmul

Feb 13, 2019
I did not expect myself to go enjoy the game as much as I did. With the combat system being consfusing at first and the sudden cut in content making it so some dialogs barely make any sence, I actually found this game great. At least good enough to aim to "complete" it. AKA unlock the gallery. A thing I would really apreciate seeing in a next build (hopefully near next build) would be a smoother transition to the: no content with this character zone. Like mentioned earlier by Solak with Nailah. Keeping a bare minimum of dialog changes would be really apreciated I believe.

Morep

Aug 28, 2018
The old ornate door. I need to find an old key for it but I cannot bloody find it. Did anyone find it?

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
So far i have done 6 quests the last one was The Scarlet tithe, the one you meet Scylla, how do i progress after that? i talked to the Npcs but none give me a quest

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
That's part of the beauty of games taking after classic tabletop RPGs. You may have a main story to follow, you're still relatively free to do things your own way. Not as much as in tabletop RPGs though, sadly.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
That's part of the beauty of games taking after classic tabletop RPGs. You may have a main story to follow, you're still relatively free to do things your own way. Not as much as in tabletop RPGs though, sadly.
Haha, thanks a ton. But yeah to get the freedom of pen and table it'd be... oh gosh I don't know what we'd need actually. That seems like a million dollar kind of project, even ShadowRunfailed to live up to the absolute freedom of its pen and paper. I think with a couple more writing staff we could expand the scope of what you can do but as lead and principal writer for dialogue etc alone, it means we do have to stay reigned in and not go too crazy with dialogue options. Writing branching paths for every conversation can expend a lot of time.

There's a lot more in the way of sidequests and stuff to do outside of just questing that we have plans for, things to break up the normal gameplay loops. There will be some instances where there is world permanence as well, as you can see already with the Crimson Dervish quest.

I'd love to give a more PNP experience but oof, I've worked on games before this one but this is the first time I've been a lead writer so I am not sure how we'd do it with our current resources. In my mind to do that we'd need 2 more writers and prooooo-ssabibly another artist on top of Arbuz and Hurfy. I'm just kind of thinking about those logistics. Plus an editor or at least a writer more on the permanent side of editing haha.

I will be editing a lot of the older stuff and such that goes through, but right now its more "push-push-push!"

Reactions: Solak

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Definitely a TON of effort required... which is why even big games like Mass Effect just go for the illusion of choice instead. And even that takes a full team. Still, the illusion is still nice since that's what games are at their core. Seeing the world change one sidequest at a time does bring an undescribable feeling too. Eager to see these "world permanence" instances you mention!

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
It was definitely one of my favourite parts of The Elder Scrolls Online. If you saved a village you really SAVED a village, if you didn't... welp it's burned down now and you can't use it for nothin.

Reactions: Solak

martinlongbow

Nov 30, 2018
This looks like a proper RPG . complicated combat, long dialogues. problem is if I wanted that I'd play divinity or something similiar. I looked for nudity, sex etc. and couldnt find any

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes