BurnmcBurn

Nov 5, 2018
This is probably my favorite game on the site. It really does feel like a CRPG. I really liked the writing (especially the conversation about bacteria), but I have a question. Is the game still going to include character customization? If so, how in depth will it be, I imagine we can only play as bipedal races due to the complications playing as a naga would bring to the sex scenes.

Reactions: rateezy and Valaska

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Customisation if ever be included, be likely very limited due technology and methods we using. All solutions we came up with currently require quite a lot of work, which would push release date significantly back, which is something we'd like to avoid.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Customisation if ever be included, be likely very limited due technology and methods we using. All solutions we came up with currently require quite a lot of work, which would push release date significantly back, which is something we'd like to avoid.
How about just changing his skin tone?

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Skin\hair color change is one of more possible customisation options. But we currently focused on different features, so i can't tell when or even if it will be implemented.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Skin\hair color change is one of more possible customisation options. But we currently focused on different features, so i can't tell when or even if it will be implemented.
Good enough for me, I'll REEEE about it in about a year.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Wow. The quality here is off the charts. The combat is a bit clunky, but has potential. The writing and animations for this kind of cg is as good as I've ever seen and the story/characters are actually interesting. I also made particular note that across all the well written intimate scenes, one thing I was happy not to see was a lot of redundant lines/descriptions used. It actually felt like each character had their own personality and even word preferences/tone. Even the MC who was the same of course didn't rehash too much and was keeping it fresh. The character models themselves are also excellent and varied. Definitely going on my favs list and probably my paetron too (need to check myself as there are so many great projects now). Regardless I will eagerly be await more.

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
This is probably my favorite game on the site. It really does feel like a CRPG. I really liked the writing (especially the conversation about bacteria), but I have a question. Is the game still going to include character customization? If so, how in depth will it be, I imagine we can only play as bipedal races due to the complications playing as a naga would bring to the sex scenes.
lol I actually spoke with a nurse who specializes in communicable diseases, and then did a lot of research of how our understanding of bacterial infections evolved through the years. Then using the technological level that our world is at to kind of massage in how scientific minds would be discovering infection and sterilization at this point.

Can anyone give a save? At least half the game
Yes! We did xD, there's a save when you boot up the latest public build that has everything from the previous patch done.

Wow. The quality here is off the charts. The combat is a bit clunky, but has potential. The writing and animations for this kind of cg is as good as I've ever seen and the story/characters are actually interesting. I also made particular note that across all the well written intimate scenes, one thing I was happy not to see was a lot of redundant lines/descriptions used. It actually felt like each character had their own personality and even word preferences/tone. Even the MC who was the same of course didn't rehash too much and was keeping it fresh. The character models themselves are also excellent and varied. Definitely going on my favs list and probably my paetron too (need to check myself as there are so many great projects now). Regardless I will eagerly be await more.
Wow! thank you so much for the high marks! I aim to up quality as we go as well. Older stuff needs a little touch up here and there since it was written on a 4 day rush haha.

edoitachi

Jul 24, 2018
lol I actually spoke with a nurse who specializes in communicable diseases, and then did a lot of research of how our understanding of bacterial infections evolved through the years. Then using the technological level that our world is at to kind of massage in how scientific minds would be discovering infection and sterilization at this point.

Yes! We did xD, there's a save when you boot up the latest public build that has everything from the previous patch done.

Wow! thank you so much for the high marks! I aim to up quality as we go as well. Older stuff needs a little touch up here and there since it was written on a 4 day rush haha.
Do you make this game ALONE? I just started playing - liked first hour Lady Wolf scene was kinda interesting atmospheric + nice music. Only thing i disliked is combat animations. I mean if you whanna go for complicated combat with parts of bodies to hit and armor + bleeds - its COOL but animations doesnt "feel" like real gory combat\ plus i whana see limbs and heads detached =) You need some work done on those. But visualisations atmosphere and story are really interesting. I hope you sont work alone on this > really cool game keep it up (if you have desire) definetly solid game here !
Ps i hope that in future there will be a possibility for harem ^_^ and flash\loop Hentai scenes. Best of luck!

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Do you make this game ALONE? I just started playing - liked first hour Lady Wolf scene was kinda interesting atmospheric + nice music. Only thing i disliked is combat animations. I mean if you whanna go for complicated combat with parts of bodies to hit and armor + bleeds - its COOL but animations doesnt "feel" like real gory combat\ plus i whana see limbs and heads detached =) You need some work done on those. But visualisations atmosphere and story are really interesting. I hope you sont work alone on this > really cool game keep it up (if you have desire) definetly solid game here !
Ps i hope that in future there will be a possibility for harem ^_^ and flash\loop Hentai scenes. Best of luck!
Hey, yeah this is Arbuz' first time animating anything like this so he is doing well for the first round! We do need to polish up animations as more and more experience is had. Some more visceral animations could be cool, and certain enemies do have location damage effects coming up.

Haha no I'm not alone on this... oh boy that would be rough! Our team is;

Regular fulltime team:
Arbuz Budesh: Director, Artist, Animator, founder.
deck: Programmer, helps on design, helps on writing, founder.
Myself: Principal writer, help on design... I guess I am one of the original 3 too actually so I guess I'm a founding member lol.

Contract based team:
SomeKindofWizard: she's written many of the lewd scenes and some of Samara's dialogue.
Hurfy: He is transitioning to a more and more involved team member as he begins to draw more and more art assets. He's done several world props and has even started drawing locations too! There are quite a few bandit custom bits done by him to give our bandits each some character. Super important guy on our team tbh.
Nubbinownz: He's done two of our OST tracks, he's gotten so busy now that he hasn't been able to do anymore though. But what he did is so good, was the only song in our game for the longest time haha.
Psypup: He's done the bulk majority of our music at this point! Amazingly fast, love his stuff.
AoiichiNiiSan: He's done the music on other games too and has done a couple of tracks for us. If you've seen Sense the former NSFW game gone SFW on the PSP or something, he did all the music for that. We have one track by him and are getting a second.

We were looking for a professional animator a few times but each time the person tended to fall off the map and vanish on us, or they weren't familiar with the way we do rigging etc. Art assets being made quickly and efficiently is huge, and we will likely be looking at an editor because sometimes I get enough time to EDIT like a mother hecker... othertimes it's all I can do to run it through ProWritingAid, Grammarly, and Hemmingway then push it out ASAP. That's why some portions flow so nice and are on point, but other bits have a few typos. Eventually, we will need to edit the game one way or another, and that could maybe be a period before release where we take a few weeks to go through and edit it all.

We also were looking for a baritone girl to do some promotional ads on youtube and on our website... we have a FANTASTIC voice actress lined up but she keeps getting busy :<. She fits the voice so well... has to be deep, somewhat androgynous but with a feminine side, and rich just, beautiful monotone voice. Our gal Syla (no relation to Scylla haha) has that but she gets so busy.

Reactions: rateezy and Solak

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Pasting from discord

I'm sorry to all the backers out there that are waiting for the April update. I have just lost my little dog Katie to a car in the driveway and if ther eis a delay on this update it will likely be due to this reason. I hope to be able to get back on track so I don'treally know what to say here but sorry I'll try to pull it down soon.

MLust

Jul 14, 2018
Have a slight inconvinience, the game wont start for me. At first I thought it was a simple "my shitty ass laptop cant run it", but after a while. I lowered the whole setting to the lowest, and it still wont start. It's stuck on some kind of loading screen (this happens before I clicked ANY button). with that being said, anyone knows how to fix it?

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Can't load the game on mac. Is there something I have to chmod or something?

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Pasting from discord

I'm sorry to all the backers out there that are waiting for the April update. I have just lost my little dog Katie to a car in the driveway and if ther eis a delay on this update it will likely be due to this reason. I hope to be able to get back on track so I don'treally know what to say here but sorry I'll try to pull it down soon.
Wanted to like your post to express sympathy but liking your loss felt out of place... Anyway don't worry, you can afford to put yourself before the others when such things happen. Take some time to mourn with your family if you need to.

vladmln

Nov 25, 2017
First of all, I would like to say that this game is absolutely charming! I have alittle question for devs. Are you still planning on adding a female protagonist or is it no longer considered is it no longer considered to be possible?

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Wanted to like your post to express sympathy but liking your loss felt out of place... Anyway don't worry, you can afford to put yourself before the others when such things happen. Take some time to mourn with your family if you need to.
Thank you so much for your understanding, it's been a... pretty heavy week. Things are starting to return to a sense of normalcy but, there's always that feeling something is missing. But it is to the point where I can think back on the good things rather than focusing on the incident, so it's getting better.

First of all, I would like to say that this game is absolutely charming! I have alittle question for devs. Are you still planning on adding a female protagonist or is it no longer considered is it no longer considered to be possible?
Thank you! I've been told I'm charming! Hah, I jest but, thanks a ton. Right now we're still not sure if we will be able to dedicate the resources to the female protagonist side or not and we likely won't be ready to make a decision until we have the bulk of the core game finished. Then it'll be a decision where we all sit down and discuss the speed and rate we could create all new scenes and touch up pronouns and edit some characters reaction to you.

Not many characters react to your gender in the game but there are a few here and there that do. These would need to be changed to respond appropriately to both male and females differently. We'd likely need to make the female protagonist an elf too, though I had an idea on that which could be neat but... daunting.

In the end, we, unfortunately, will take a while to say one way or another.

Reactions: Solak

rateezy

Apr 15, 2018
if you are going to add a character customization, i'd really hope you could remove those pointy ears and play as a human instead, since i feel like there's too many elf in the game already and for me it's a lot more relatable playing as a human.
the problem with this though you will need to adjust a lot of dialogue pointing about MC ears, and i know character customization isn't a priority right now.
Goodluck! loving the game so far.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
if you are going to add a character customization, i'd really hope you could remove those pointy ears and play as a human instead, since i feel like there's too many elf in the game already and for me it's a lot more relatable playing as a human.
the problem with this though you will need to adjust a lot of dialogue pointing about MC ears, and i know character customization isn't a priority right now.
Goodluck! loving the game so far.
Haha, that's a thought. Human and Elves are actually basically the same thing in this world, they live the same amount of years
in general and there are minor differences like a natural dexterity and a slight bit to improved directional hearing. I can't remember fully but it's in the codex, I think that humans have a bit more muscle mass on average. Essentially humans and Elves are cousins and share a common evolutionary root.

Humans broke off from elves... Ogres also originated from the same evolutionary "proto elf." It's why the three can hump babies into each other.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
I somehow ran out of space during the extraction. Someone want to tell me how a 600mb file took up over 7gb (or more, don't even know its MAX size)?

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Well I deleted enough to easily fit it, but now? I don't think I care for it. This combat system is utter trash. I took a bet to kill these things, killed one after 5 minutes of the slowest animations ever and both it and our side doing very little damage to each other, then somehow lost the bet when I found here a minute later. This is not a very good first impression. At all. I don't even know how I lost this bet, I had killed one and she hadn't as far as I know.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Well I deleted enough to easily fit it, but now? I don't think I care for it. This combat system is utter trash. I took a bet to kill these things, killed one after 5 minutes of the slowest animations ever and both it and our side doing very little damage to each other, then somehow lost the bet when I found here a minute later. This is not a very good first impression. At all. I don't even know how I lost this bet, I had killed one and she hadn't as far as I know.
I'm with you that the combat feels unnecessary slow, but keep in mind that everything is a work in progress. There is an option at the beginning that allows you to insta-win combat encounters with a button in the lower part of the screen. As for the bet(pretty sure it's with the lizard girl) - there are around 5 of these enemies, so when you killed 1, she killed the others. One way to win the bet is to initiate combat as fast as possible with one enemy, insta-win and sprint to the next one. I think that there are two paths you can choose, pick the opposite of her and just try to kill more enemies than her.

Reactions: rateezy
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes