Aug 30, 2019
Hello people.

I don't want to get your hopes up (i've only tested the gallery on my pc), but i think i removed the patreon verification.

Replace the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" inside this folder -> PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows\PriceForFreedom_Data\Managed
link its working, but is no one button for download , just spam advertising, what to do

Jun 4, 2017
Hello people.

I don't want to get your hopes up (i've only tested the gallery on my pc), but i think i removed the patreon verification.

Replace the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" inside this folder -> PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows\PriceForFreedom_Data\Managed

Well, the Patreon prompt disappears, but the gallery doesn't populate. Oh well

Edit: works; forgot to input the password because I'm stupid. Thanks, guy!

Stealth103

Mar 16, 2018
Hello people.

Well, the Patreon prompt disappears, but the gallery doesn't populate. Oh well!
Thanks for the try.
Works great, you still need to enter the patreon code in the gallery "what". Thanks!

Lurk

Aug 14, 2017
the hell, need to log in with patreon to acess any new content, dont get me wrong i like the game and all but no way in hell am i gonna become a patron to a game that only does 2 updates a year.
Was their patron for half a year as I like the art in this game quite a lot. One fucking update in that time and I realised that giving them money is pointless.

Idea behind patreon is great, but how it works in reality is shit when people realise that they'll get much more money out of their projects if they just drag them out.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Was their patron for half a year as I like the art in this game quite a lot. One fucking update in that time and I realised that giving them money is pointless.

Idea behind patreon is great, but how it works in reality is shit when people realise that they'll get much more money out of their projects if they just drag them out.
That's been the rub about being a patron since the dawn of man though. Being a patron is supposed to be about supporting someone's life so that they have the freedom to do creative works that normally wouldn't pay enough to live on. It's not supposed to be about paying to get things, they are just a side effect of your support. That's why only the rich could ever afford to do it in the past. Patreon was never meant to be a store where you buy or rent things.

MissingNumber

Sep 26, 2018
I've downloaded this game a few times from different places and it always says these files are corrupt when I extract, and if I try to start a new game or look at gallery stuff it crashes to the main menu.

E:\house repair\videos and games\PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows (1).zip: Checksum error in E:\house repair\videos and games\PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows\AssetBundles\persistent_assets. The file is corrupt
E:\house repair\videos and games\PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows (1).zip: Checksum error in E:\house repair\videos and games\PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows\AssetBundles\scenes\cult_dungeon2. The file is corrupt
E:\house repair\videos and games\PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows (1).zip: Checksum error in E:\house repair\videos and games\PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows\AssetBundles\scenes\nathaninn_floor2. The file is corrupt
E:\house repair\videos and games\PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows (1).zip: The archive is corrupt

Anyone know how to fix this?

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Welp, they have DRM now. Patreon content is blocked unless you log in as their patron. The password unlocks only the public scenes. I guess I'll check this game out again when they release the full version, some 5-10 years in the future.
It was never intended as DRM rather method to have 1 build for patrons and public.

ArbuzBudesh

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Fair enough. Just felt pointing out we're not interested having DRM vs cracks arms race.

alkeera

May 1, 2018
Definitely will try this game. The only question is when. Is it juicy with content already and worth playing now or should i better wait n years?

imercenary95

Jul 19, 2017
That's been the rub about being a patron since the dawn of man though. Being a patron is supposed to be about supporting someone's life so that they have the freedom to do creative works that normally wouldn't pay enough to live on. It's not supposed to be about paying to get things, they are just a side effect of your support. That's why only the rich could ever afford to do it in the past. Patreon was never meant to be a store where you buy or rent things.
Uh no. Being a patron was always about paying to get things. If you want to support someone's life so that they have the freedom to do creative works that normally wouldn't pay enough to live on and get a 'thank you' in return, go donate to an art nonprofit organization.

As for the game itself, I love the world but I'm not crazy about the combat mechanics. I'm not expecting hyperfast God of War gameplay out of an indie game, but turn based combat always makes me feel like the dev is just trying to pad out the playtime.

CyberScherzo

Game Developer
Feb 23, 2018
If you want to support someone's life so that they have the freedom to do creative works that normally wouldn't pay enough to live on and get a 'thank you' in return, go donate to an art nonprofit organization.

I would LOVE to see an art non-profit that supports the creation of videogames you can masturbate to.
Sadly they all seem to be focused on much less worthy pursuits.

Jan 12, 2019
Actually I'd counter with those rich patrons being able to not only dictate activities, but remove patronage, should the creative individual not deliver in accordance with their wishes. Thus if the creative individual didn't deliver, they ceased funding. It is, in essence, paying someone to get something. The same would apply now; failing to deliver has a cost. In this case removing patronage.

Thus while it is good to remind people of their role as a patron, it is equally important to remind the role of the individuals receiving patronage that they must deliver or take specific actions to keep patrons abreast when such delivery will occur. It is, in fact, a two-sided system. That which applies then also applies now.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes