Eflow

Dec 10, 2019
The Patreon build was always leaked here regardless, so it makes no difference, beside dividing by two the number of builds to maintain. The public version is here to help people decide if they want to support us to complete the game, which will eventually be sold on steam and other stores (every former Patreons will get a "free" copy).
To put it simply, f95 played absolutely no role in deciding the new system. Be it shared here instantly or in 1-2 weeks is fairly irrelevant from developer standpoint since people wanting to get build from here will likely be able to wait a week. So all conveniences and inconveniences are accidental.
Can't blame you for being skeptical, just wanted to address rumors until they got out of hand.
Just wanted to jump in and say I discovered this game here and backed you guys. The feel of the game is pretty sweet and I'd be pretty happy to play this game if it was censored. The tactical combat has a lot of promise already and the world concept is neat. Hopefully the people here complaining about having any access and being able to enjoy a work in progress withouth actual supporting it's creation doesn't put too much of a sour taste in your mouth.

Last edited:

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Just wanted to jump in and say I discovered this game here and backed you guys, but the feel of the game is pretty sweet. I'd be pretty happy to play this game if it was censored. The tactical combat has a lot of promise already and the world concept is neat. Hopefully the people here complaining about having any access and being able to enjoy a work in progress withouth actual supporting it's creation doesm't put too much of a sour taste in your mouth.
It's actually pretty entertaining to read. It's like bunch of aristocrats arguing if it's worth to feed the peasants, as someone else said. But people like you make this place worth it.

Sorry to be the weird guy, but is there anyway to extract the soundtrack? just love it.
Not at the moment, but we have a soundtrack player in the game, in the gallery area.

Is there anyway to have sex a girl more than just once in a single playthrough? Are there any repeatable scenes outside of the gallery?
No you can't repeat a scene in the playthrough, that's what the gallery and saves are for. The companions will have multiple scenes eventually, probably others as well, such as the brothel girls. Isky is the only one with a follow up scene at the moment.

im thinking of downloading build 12, but, is it really worth it? i suppose i should wait few more content updates
There is legitimately hours of content, even if you exclude the combat, and more than a dozen scenes.

Reactions: Everest Harrison

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
Quest "Whispering bandits" where is the blood of favoured ones? can't find it. Playing and cursing the same genre as the Diablo- endless tunnel genre...
no need, completed.

Last edited:

Bitchass919

Jan 28, 2018
The Patreon build was always leaked here regardless, so it makes no difference, beside dividing by two the number of builds to maintain. The public version is here to help people decide if they want to support us to complete the game, which will eventually be sold on steam and other stores (every former Patreons will get a "free" copy).
You can sell this stuff on steam? wild.

Reactions: Valaska

orrayt3x

May 23, 2017
"find mercury and favored ones bloo(assuming this means blood)", found the mercury, and blood from the round glass thing, am i missing something?

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Hey Valaska what language is Price for Freedom coded in? I'm curious because I've recently started learning coding myself and am curious as to what seems to be the most popular language to learn to code games. So far C++ seems to be in the lead, but I'm curious if yours is the same. I'd like to kinda make a game like yours, big open world rpg, myself one day.
Whew, I've been out for a spell. Lots of work and family stuff to take care of for me. Price For Freedom is done in C# on Unity. We put in modules and such ontop of Unity, but don't have access to the source. So our dialogue editor, lighting model, etc are all added modules programmed in C# :).

A good option for starting an RPG solo would be Godot engine. There's a ton of open guides and it's a bit simpler to program for.
It's open-source so if you choose to sell it you essentially get all of the profits minus distribution platform. So, Steam is like 30% take, I believe DL site is around 40-50% and such! There are also discords where you can join for some extra help and guides like EroDev :)

I look forward to seeing what you make!

Hate to be that guy. But until Verona gets more that that damn snake. I'll stay far away from this.
Seeing as most people here have die hard weird sexual likes we'll never get more Verona.
You hate to see it. :(
Hah, well Verona will never have more content than Hiho since Hiho is a companion, but Verona will definitely be getting more content than she has right now. Since the inn is our anchor point for the gang, all the characters in the inn will be immediate supporting characters.

Valaska Can you please add a dripping creampie to the latest scene? Its so odd for it to not be there considering the position.
Haha, yeah we are still working on effects. It's why we don't have flying jizz in facial scenes at the moment. Hard to say if we will be able to nail it or not but we will give it a shot.
Just started playing this and I enjoying it so far, but why is it 9GB? Are there a lot of animated scenes or something?
I'm kinda surprised cuz this is pretty big for this type of game.
Anyway, I'm liking how it plays and seems to be heavy in lore like isometric rpgs like Planescape and Original Sin.
Very ambitious, just the way I like it!
Eyy! Well, it's largely because of our canvas sizes too. Some of our maps are nearly a meter in real-world measurements. They're insanely massive haha. We do have quite a few animated scenes too, off the top of my head... 15? or so? Each with 2-3 pose changes. I think we can do a few things aboot it, but not for a while.

How long of gameplay (estimated) is in this version?
Update 12 alone was 3 hours, 2 if you skip combat. I haven't measured out the other content in terms of time but if you had me up against the wall with an airsoft gun to my head I suppose 8-9 hours of content currently. Maybe 10-11, depending on how you play. Shorter if you skip any and all combat.

How far along is this game? This was one I was always eyeing because it seemed really ambitious. I am not even talking about the sex scenes, but like the game in general. How far along is the plot? How fleshed out is the battle system? How much is there for character building, equipment, skills etc?
@jowishg

I'll answer both these in one go. So essentially we are just starting the MSQ's, we've recently built the bulk of our core architecture and added to our creation teams so we can push more content faster per update. But we have a lot of content to go. We are aiming for an actual game's worth of content with our release version.

Combat is still really in balancing and fixing though. We're not really sure where we are at with our combat system yet. We're going to wait for better effects and sounds to see how it is feeling. There will always be tweaks and balancing, but we are still working on how combat works. A few people like it, and quite a few people say we're on the right path. So we'll keep working towards our combat vision.

The plot is in the starting right now. Two first main quest segments, 3 of our companions have their starting quests with one more coming soon, and a few side quests are available. Companions will all have character arcs of their own.

We have the foundation of our skill system in and it allows you to customize your build as current, but there's a ways to go for that too. People are having fun tweaking what we have up for offer now and are making some pretty impressive builds especially with Samara and making her into a damage dealer. Our equipment system isn't there yet, and it will never be very deep. You will be able to change out a few weapons and there will be some secondary weapons later on.

And for sex content, we have aboot 15 scenes.

but thats the point he was making they werent using any more of their free time to work on the game
Well, I somehow doubt this will appease you anyway but the majority of the team has completely committed to the project. So much so that some of us are down to almost no free time other than development on this project. I get to boot up a game now and then but I haven't done much else other than working on the game the past few months. Making games aint easy, and this has taken a ton of time and commitment. Do I love doing it? Most of the time... sometimes it's pretty fucking gruelling. I was making a shit ton of money when I was working in the oilfield and now, not so much lol. I'm sorry we're not putting out as regular as some people would like, but I feel we're doing pretty damn well for our team size.

Especially since we are expanding the team. But we only have so much in the way of resources, and this is a mighty big game already. We're going all-in for this and I cannot express how amazed I am that our patrons are here for us through this ride. Even though a three-month delay. Also if you paid any pledge of $5 between September to now, you have a patreon code for this update even if you stopped pledging.

The locked scenes are an incentive to pledge a higher tier for those people who don't want to pirate the game. Think of it like the preorder bonuses for regular games.
You are only looking at it from a pirate's viewpoint.
Thanks a ton, it really means the world to us that people are helping us realize a dream. We understand that they definitely 100% want a product out of this, so we're trying to not spin tires or anything here. We have a duty and an obligation to deliver and will darn well do so. Even vocal support just blows us away, to be honest.

One of the most amazing to me so far was seeing people theory craft and debate one another on background lore for our game. It was surreal... like "whoa... I made that thing, and people are passionate about it." It was incredible. A shit ton of motivation to get my nose into the monitor and get to work. Actually I just bought a second one!

Is there anyway to have sex a girl more than just once in a single playthrough? Are there any repeatable scenes outside of the gallery?
I saw deck responded to this but I want to touch on it a bit as lead writer. I plan to have a few of these current scenes with characters be repeatable if you visit the character back again. I've slightly set up a few scenes with text preparation for that. The newest girl in Update 12, for instance, will have an in lore revisit. There are a few other scenes that are prime for it but not set up just yet. The Nailah scene for instance where the in-scene dialogue would be different but a lot shorter.

The goal would be to make the scenes shorter so that the content doesn't take much time to write, but will let people revisit their favourite content with a bit of a new twist to it. I think people would like that, at least... I should likely do it to a girl that is available to the public builds too so that we can get the most amount of feedback from people. Samara would be pretty easy to set up a second scene that revisits the first scenes artwork.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Wow I just checked your patreon. You guys are doing well! Good for you(y)
Thanks so much! We look forward to bring you all more :)

What about that Lizard close to the Docks? Will she be sexable in the future? Will there be more Scalie characters?
Hnnnggh I forgot what I named her... but I was thinking of getting a collectable for her. The gal in the market, right? Go chat with the Ogre guard in the slave market and you might get an idea of what that would look like ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: HunterX77

HunterX77

May 25, 2019
Thanks so much! We look forward to bring you all more :)

Hnnnggh I forgot what I named her... but I was thinking of getting a collectable for her. The gal in the market, right? Go chat with the Ogre guard in the slave market and you might get an idea of what that would look like ;)

Oh no, not Pesh, i mean Godra, the lizard from the docks, will she have sex scenes or that collectible is her last content?

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Oh no, not Pesh, i mean Godra, the lizard from the docks, will she have sex scenes or that collectible is her last content?
OHH! Shit I forgot where she was placed in the game haha. She's part of the Merchant Marines so of course she's at the docks. My bad, sorry about that. That is actually a character we implemented in a cross promotion with Cloud Meadow. Team Nimbus gave us the go-ahead to use her character however we pleased from here on in (as long as it wasn't negative of course) so it's something we could do, but currently, we're planning around our own characters etc.

Possibly in the future, if we have a quest involving the Kaldean Merchant Marines she could be involved and may have a lewd scene or collectible. If we go that direction of course. I had an idea of what the KMM's officer roster was before we brought Goldra so I should probably refactor it since quite a few fans seem to like the idea.

We'll have to discuss it internally though, thanks for the input Hunter!

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Whew, I've been out for a spell. Lots of work and family stuff to take care of for me. Price For Freedom is done in C# on Unity. We put in modules and such ontop of Unity, but don't have access to the source. So our dialogue editor, lighting model, etc are all added modules programmed in C# :).

A good option for starting an RPG solo would be Godot engine. There's a ton of open guides and it's a bit simpler to program for.
It's open-source so if you choose to sell it you essentially get all of the profits minus distribution platform. So, Steam is like 30% take, I believe DL site is around 40-50% and such! There are also discords where you can join for some extra help and guides like EroDev :)

I look forward to seeing what you make!
Hoo boy this question was a while ago! Still appreciate the answer! Just had one added on question in regards to unity, did you have to get a seperate module to do that top-down rpg style? That's the kind of rpg I wanna make, one like yours or Divinity or Diablo, something like that. Was looking a while back for something like that for Unreal but could only find a module, one which I had to buy, so I was curious how you accomplish it? Also, thanks for the answer regardless! Lost my interest in coding a while back but, just in time for your answer just started getting back into it. Also downloaded Godot engine so, with your suggestion I'll start with that, and probably play with that while I go through this course I have for making games in Unity. Thanks again!

orrayt3x

May 23, 2017
yes

go to the talking head in level one if you have both items. Big ass book had a hint its part of the ritual with head.
Thanks, I got that, I was confused for moment there since I was expecting the quest info to automatically update when i got the items.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Hoo boy this question was a while ago! Still appreciate the answer! Just had one added on question in regards to unity, did you have to get a seperate module to do that top-down rpg style? That's the kind of rpg I wanna make, one like yours or Divinity or Diablo, something like that. Was looking a while back for something like that for Unreal but could only find a module, one which I had to buy, so I was curious how you accomplish it? Also, thanks for the answer regardless! Lost my interest in coding a while back but, just in time for your answer just started getting back into it. Also downloaded Godot engine so, with your suggestion I'll start with that, and probably play with that while I go through this course I have for making games in Unity. Thanks again!
For that, we set the camera at the correct angle and locked to that. deck, our programmer, has a few pictures of the game tilt shifted. It gets trippy because all sprites face the camera, meaning anything animated and all characters. So it sort of looks like player cards on a tabletop printout map haha.

Godot is something I would use if I was making a project solo (and if I had the free time to do so xD) because it has a lot of tools set up for just jumping in and making an isometric game ASAP. There's also a really huge community support network for working on the engine too. That and it's really tiny as an engine. Really shit at 3D rendering but that shouldn't be an issue! I know a few people who are cutting their teeth on the engine.

But yeah if you are taking courses for Unity that's pretty cool. I haven't programmed since... whoa I did a tiny bit just for dialogues at the start of the project and that was it. I guess the last time I actually programmed were these shitty tower defense iOS games I was a part of making after the entire coding team quit and I got stuck with it because of my contract lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
For that, we set the camera at the correct angle and locked to that. deck, our programmer, has a few pictures of the game tilt shifted. It gets trippy because all sprites face the camera, meaning anything animated and all characters. So it sort of looks like player cards on a tabletop printout map haha.

Godot is something I would use if I was making a project solo (and if I had the free time to do so xD) because it has a lot of tools set up for just jumping in and making an isometric game ASAP. There's also a really huge community support network for working on the engine too. That and it's really tiny as an engine. Really shit at 3D rendering but that shouldn't be an issue! I know a few people who are cutting their teeth on the engine.

But yeah if you are taking courses for Unity that's pretyy cool. I haven't programmed since... whoa I did a tiny big just for dialogues at the start of the project and that was it. I guess the last time I actually programmed were these shitty tower defense iOS games I was a part of making after the entire coding team quit and I got stuck with it because of my contract lol.
Awesome, thanks again for the tips man! Wish there was a way to save comments, hahaha. Either way, thanks again!

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes