Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
keep getting network errors trying to dl this
Humm well that IS odd, on Patreon? I was able to download it off of Patreon just now so it may have been an issue with Patreon when you attempted to download it yesterday.

If this isn't working for you I can set up a dropbox for people to snag our project on as well.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Patron Build 3 has just hit our Patrons with a public update to follow in a week or so!

Patron Build 3

Narrative/Events:

We are introducing our the first brothel of Avarice, the high class and sophisticated Velvet Oasis! Esther has given the name Velvet Oasis based on the particular "qualities" of the girls she likes to keep in stock, which are almost completely Aeylmen, Aeylvish, or Aeylgre!

"In the hell is an Aeyl, Valaska?" Glad you didn't ask but I pretended you did! An Aeyl is the prefix added to the myriad of mysterious hybrid species in the world of Price For Freedom. The origins of the Aeyl aren't understood by the vast majority of people in this world but there may be a few scraps of knowledge to be found on them in the future. Suffice it to say, the velvet soft featured they tend to have paired with the fact this is a respite in the hustle and bustle of Kaldea aptly name the Velvet Oasis. It will be in a temporary location until the trade district is finished.

The Velvet Oasis will have a NPC's you can speak with but the only two with any depth right now are Esther, the buxom dark madame and propriety of the Velvet Oasis. The other being Katie! Who will have a couple CG's with lewd scenes. She's a girl for hire though so expect to pay!

Features/Mechanics:

This build marks our very first combat pass. This essentially means we are now beginning to build the proper mechanics, balance, and improve the user experience with the UI etc. Sound effects are definitely a part of the user experience that will be coming in the future as well.

We've included:

• Initial Balancing
  • Abilities now work
  • Card Interactions (Remove, view)
  • Card Removal (Only AI use Cards btw!)
  • UI Overhaul
Our most visible is definitely our UI updates so I'll give you a view of our new tooltips window with a beautiful dissolve effect!

This is a massive overhaul in letting our players understand the mechancis and all the hard work that Deck has put into the backend. You will be able to see what attacks do which and for how much and really get a feel for what we are moving this game towards in terms of combat!

Public Edition News

Soon these changes will all be hitting the public edition along with some tweaks and tuning to the text and dialogue. Samara has gone through re-writes to more unify her personality as it was kinda discombobulated before. The Patron Edition will get a hotfix for the dialogue too! This is coming up very soon too, we want to have a better degree of polish on a few things for you guys and I will be posting you all a direct link. It will have essentially everything the Patreon version does but with a few of the sidequest girls not included.

General News:

Our Knight tier is current available! Have your character in the game world with a massively high details 3/4th dialogue post with a few facial expressions and an in world animated sprite! An example of the 3/4th quality is;

verona1.jpg

That's it for now! I look forward to bring you guys the public edition, sorry its taken awhile but we all at the team want to have a good showing for you guys. Also I just really want to take a moment aside to specificly thank you, F95, for the response and interest you guys have given us!

Every reply, message, and like you throw us here means a ton and is a large reason why we're pushing hard to bring a polished and realized public edition. You guys take care and I'll be back soon I hope!

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
What a cutie. :heartcoveredeyes:
I've taken to referring to her as "Little Yipper." SomeKindofWizard handled all her writing too so she was actually new to me when I checked her scenes out haha. I am really rooting for my girl Nailah to win this vote though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spyrø and ponyguy

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
Really ambitious project, and as a fellow Baldur's Gate fan, i wish you luck and reaching release some day. Would've helped financially if i could, but accept my well wishes at least.

Just some thoughts and questions after looking over the thread:

seeing Hiho immediately reminded me of a certain character from Overlord manga. Coincidence?

are you planning any other non-humanoid type companions or npcs? Like arachne or some kind of elemental\sprite maybe?

beautiful thing about old CRPGs (or Shadowrun) is that you didn't have almost any grind,opposed to jrpgs(or hell, bunch of H-games in rpgmaker).Are there gonna be lots of optional combat, or it's gonna be story-focused, with pre-fight options to "tip the scales" in your favor? If latter, would the game be too text-heavy or feel short(fishing for scope of the main story),if former, would there be some building or business to pour resources into(just a thought - running alchemy\research shop from monster parts to sell aphrodisiac and other devious substances :D) ?

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Really ambitious project, and as a fellow Baldur's Gate fan, i wish you luck and reaching release some day. Would've helped financially if i could, but accept my well wishes at least.

Just some thoughts and questions after looking over the thread:

seeing Hiho immediately reminded me of a certain character from Overlord manga. Coincidence?

are you planning any other non-humanoid type companions or npcs? Like arachne or some kind of elemental\sprite maybe?
Thank you! And any bit of support even just vocal is awesome. Share it around and that's plenty mate. We'll have more for you to play pretty soon too.

On additional non humanoid companions.. Weeeeell lets just say there is something planned but I can't spoil what exactly haha. There will be the initial 3 for sure. Samara, an Isle Elf. Hiho, the Naga. And Osh'to, an Ogre. There will definitely be some NPC's that break the traditional Human/Elven/Ogrish hybridism, but we only have plans for possibly 1-2 mid/late game companions. Not set in stone yet though.

beautiful thing about old CRPGs (or Shadowrun) is that you didn't have almost any grind,opposed to jrpgs(or hell, bunch of H-games in rpgmaker).Are there gonna be lots of optional combat, or it's gonna be story-focused, with pre-fight options to "tip the scales" in your favor? If latter, would the game be too text-heavy or feel short(fishing for scope of the main story),
There will be a leveling system much like ShadowRun but with abilities you can choose and evolve and upgrade vs others for each companion. So each one we have will be a lot of work, a ton of it. Combat will mainly be centered around the combat events that go on, but there will be side missions and fights you can go through optionally as well.

We'll be taking some measure to ensure you can't particularly over level content though, what measures we take will need to be hammered out later. The main story is going to be the massive bulk of the narrative and jobs in the game though and will take you across several area's and locations The game will be very text and dialogue heavy though since we are emulating a more Baldurs Gate like feel.

if former, would there be some building or business to pour resources into(just a thought - running alchemy\research shop from monster parts to sell aphrodisiac and other devious substances :D) ?
There won't be much to put your resources or house building. The area your money will go into most are utility items, equipment, bribes, brothel, or other misc NPC related quest costs and such. So very much like ShadowRun in that regard but instead of straight vertical we will have some equipment that has different benefits and advantages so there will be some sidegrades.

Haha aphrodisiac would be interesting! But at the moment the people you are fighting typically want you dead vs want to have sex with you so unfortunately not much to use them on! Arbuz stated that we'll think more about money sinks in the future so there could be some more developments in the future but in general the consensus is that the copper and silver you get in the game (you will likely never see a gold coin as they are rarely traded outside of VERY large trading companies... *cough* sorry lore nerded out there) will be spoken mostly for equipment etc.

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
The area your money will go into most are utility items, equipment, bribes, brothel, or other misc NPC related quest costs and such.
I already know where I'm gonna be spending most of mine. :angel:
Party members: ''We need better gear and more healing items!''
Me: ''But... but sex though.'' :frown:

Last edited:

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I already know where I'm gonna be spending most of mine. :angel:
Party members: ''We need better gear and more healing items!''
Me: ''But... but sex though.'' :frown:
You can also pet a girls ears ;)

I'm confused by the tags Text based, but it still has pics? So, what type of game is it.
Uhmm I didn't actually start our thread here or I'd change it! I've added quite a few pictures and videos in this thread but we're an RPG game with turn based combat, animated lewd scenes.

thank you
No problemo.

Ragna0000

May 24, 2017
You can also pet a girls ears ;)

Uhmm I didn't actually start our thread here or I'd change it! I've added quite a few pictures and videos in this thread but we're an RPG game with turn based combat, animated lewd scenes.

No problemo.
Thanks for telling me I'll check it out to see if i like it.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Patron Build 3 has just hit our Patrons with a public update to follow in a week or so!

Patron Build 3

Narrative/Events:

We are introducing our the first brothel of Avarice, the high class and sophisticated Velvet Oasis! Esther has given the name Velvet Oasis based on the particular "qualities" of the girls she likes to keep in stock, which are almost completely Aeylmen, Aeylvish, or Aeylgre!

"In the hell is an Aeyl, Valaska?" Glad you didn't ask but I pretended you did! An Aeyl is the prefix added to the myriad of mysterious hybrid species in the world of Price For Freedom. The origins of the Aeyl aren't understood by the vast majority of people in this world but there may be a few scraps of knowledge to be found on them in the future. Suffice it to say, the velvet soft featured they tend to have paired with the fact this is a respite in the hustle and bustle of Kaldea aptly name the Velvet Oasis. It will be in a temporary location until the trade district is finished.

The Velvet Oasis will have a NPC's you can speak with but the only two with any depth right now are Esther, the buxom dark madame and propriety of the Velvet Oasis. The other being Katie! Who will have a couple CG's with lewd scenes. She's a girl for hire though so expect to pay!

Features/Mechanics:

This build marks our very first combat pass. This essentially means we are now beginning to build the proper mechanics, balance, and improve the user experience with the UI etc. Sound effects are definitely a part of the user experience that will be coming in the future as well.

We've included:

• Initial Balancing
  • Abilities now work
  • Card Interactions (Remove, view)
  • Card Removal (Only AI use Cards btw!)
  • UI Overhaul
Our most visible is definitely our UI updates so I'll give you a view of our new tooltips window with a beautiful dissolve effect!

This is a massive overhaul in letting our players understand the mechancis and all the hard work that Deck has put into the backend. You will be able to see what attacks do which and for how much and really get a feel for what we are moving this game towards in terms of combat!

Public Edition News

Soon these changes will all be hitting the public edition along with some tweaks and tuning to the text and dialogue. Samara has gone through re-writes to more unify her personality as it was kinda discombobulated before. The Patron Edition will get a hotfix for the dialogue too! This is coming up very soon too, we want to have a better degree of polish on a few things for you guys and I will be posting you all a direct link. It will have essentially everything the Patreon version does but with a few of the sidequest girls not included.

General News:

Our Knight tier is current available! Have your character in the game world with a massively high details 3/4th dialogue post with a few facial expressions and an in world animated sprite! An example of the 3/4th quality is;

View attachment 86712

That's it for now! I look forward to bring you guys the public edition, sorry its taken awhile but we all at the team want to have a good showing for you guys. Also I just really want to take a moment aside to specificly thank you, F95, for the response and interest you guys have given us!

Every reply, message, and like you throw us here means a ton and is a large reason why we're pushing hard to bring a polished and realized public edition. You guys take care and I'll be back soon I hope!
All I want from this game is a sex scene with the redhead in just the apron with her areola peeking out from the sides. I don't ask for much =P.

siwel

Sep 15, 2017
Dude a page every four days is pretty good for this quality of comic, especially if he's doing other pieces as well... I haven't read it so I can't speak to the pacing but his output is perfectly fine. If you wanna follow a real slog I've been following since like... 2006 and it's still at like 150 pages at most. The story's barely gone anywhere! Looks interesting, might post feedback after checking out the demo.

But yea demon girls, elves, and nekomimi? Sign me up!

Damn, I had given up on Pawn... I'll have to find my spot where I left off!

Reactions: yoyomistro

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
All I want from this game is a sex scene with the redhead in just the apron with her areola peeking out from the sides. I don't ask for much =P.
We aaaalmost delivered! ;) I actually am personally very looking forward to possibly doing more with Verona, I liked writing a dominant woman who didn't just fall into cliche... She was sort of the polar opposite of the scene I wrote with Hiho almost, and it was really fun doing the two.

If we got above the patreon $1000 mark or so I could preeeetty much assure I'll touch on Verona again because that way if a scene with Verona would swamp myself down we could throw more onto SomeKindofWizard to fill in the gaps elsewhere while I tackle Verona, as well as allow Arbuz to take it easy on h is commission sketch sale which really pays quite a few of the bills right now.

I've bounced Verona around in my head quite a bit and have a few ideas how to tackle it. I even left it open with the end of her scene where she says "if you see me out of the kitched" yadda yadda. So yeah I'd like to poke at her again! Was a fun character.

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Damn, I had given up on Pawn... I'll have to find my spot where I left off!
Haha, I was just making a comparison, Pawn hasn't been touched in like 6 years as far as I can remember...

We aaaalmost delivered! ;) I actually am personally very looking forward to possibly doing more with Verona, I liked writing a dominant woman who didn't just fall into cliche... She was sort of the polar opposite of the scene I wrote with Hiho almost, and it was really fun doing the two.

If we got above the patreon $1000 mark or so I could preeeetty much assure I'll touch on Verona again because that way if a scene with Verona would swamp myself down we could throw more onto SomeKindofWizard to fill in the gaps elsewhere while I tackle Verona, as well as allow Arbuz to take it easy on h is commission sketch sale which really pays quite a few of the bills right now.

I've bounced Verona around in my head quite a bit and have a few ideas how to tackle it. I even left it open with the end of her scene where she says "if you see me out of the kitched" yadda yadda. So yeah I'd like to poke at her again! Was a fun character.
Nice, I like a dominant woman =P. Honestly haven't checked out the game itself since you guys posted the demo but I've been following your posts. The main gripe I had with it was the lack of detail on the nipples and areola. I know those can be difficult to draw but besides that it looked good. I'll check out the new version when I have time though, and see if I have some concrete feedback for you guys. That's about all I can give for now lol.

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Haha, I was just making a comparison, Pawn hasn't been touched in like 6 years as far as I can remember...

Nice, I like a dominant woman =P. Honestly haven't checked out the game itself since you guys posted the demo but I've been following your posts. The main gripe I had with it was the lack of detail on the nipples and areola. I know those can be difficult to draw but besides that it looked good. I'll check out the new version when I have time though, and see if I have some concrete feedback for you guys. That's about all I can give for now lol.
Hmm! Arbuz' style usually likes those really pink faded areola that a few gals have, or flesh tone. But a little detail bump might not hurt, I feel you might like some of our darker characters that are going to have obviously more defined nipples. Is there a specific kind of style you have in mind though? Like an example of the level of detail you are looking for?

Would help us get out head around exactly what ya mean and would mean a bunch! Thanks for the feedback so far!

(Quite possibly the most I've ever said Nipples consecutively)

Last edited:

nickbo

Feb 16, 2018
hmmmm.....well I tried for a while, but have to admit the UI is total crap for someone who DOESN'T HAVE A MANUAL!!

The concept is great, but most users don't have the patience to randomly figure this out. Perhaps a demo mode to train controls would be helpful.

Gave up after 20 minutes of flailing around. Too embarrassed to ask the kids for help :)

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes