Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Oof, not sure what happened but Dee somehow had completely unedited dialogue go live! That'll be fixed in the next update guys and gals.

Strag

Jan 18, 2018
Whew been a tad busy lately, myself facing a short bought of writers block on one dialogue but in general its been an extremely productive bit of time between the last time I posted here. We've pushed out our first Patron build and this brought with it the new and highest voted Companion, Hiho.

She brings her companion quest of course, which is virtually complete we were a bit behind on art assets but it was a planned lag and once art assets are done we can simply socket in the art assets and presto it will be completed. She also brings her lewd scene as well for those of you into lewd games... Comes complete with degenerate hand holding.

Along with Hiho's quest and assets we have a great deal of new sprites added to liven up the town which all have yet to be animated (all sprites in the game WILL be animated btw) but is a decent example of what we plan locations to look like population wise. We've also begun the framework for the relationship and impact system where what you do will change the companions interactions with you as well as supporting characters etc. Your decisions will have an affect on how the people of this world see you.

The main narrative isn't being introduced yet which will take you and your chosen party on quite the ordeal... I have actually foreshadowed a bit of whats to come in Hiho's quest if you take certain choices. We won't see the narrative in the next update though, we are looking to polish and fix up all current content. Which brings me to the future.

Future Plans and Developments.

We've seen a lot of work on this. From a block system for quests that have multiple steps that can be done in any order or a set of rigid steps, to a bespoke and custom tailored node based dialogue editor and new music loops for our OST. Our back end is taking some massive steps towards more steady and stable development, empowering us writers to iterate and push forward faster. We also saw the Patron vote between the next lewd scene to be added along with Verona.

Aya will be our peppy little professional monster slayer which you can partake in a contest with will be sharing her update with Verona, Nathan's saucy cook. They will be our first two minor character lewd scenes using a mixture of half bodies and then fully animated CG's. Check on us here if you want;

For some images and such on the new node system, Aya, and later a sneak peak on the lewd scenes to come up.

ChaoticShock

Mar 13, 2018
should the original link be updated then since this is build 4 n the one on the first page is 3rd right?

or either a direct link i guess.

ChaoticShock

Mar 13, 2018
It would be updated, if a link to a build 4 download was posted. Perhaps you could provide it for us?
i would if i could, sadly i myself has only had a burning passion for the game with waiting eagerly to see each amazing step the game has done but, i've got too much on my IRL plate around this year sadly.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
i would if i could, sadly i myself has only had a burning passion for the game with waiting eagerly to see each amazing step the game has done but, i've got too much on my IRL plate around this year sadly.
Thanks a ton for the support mate, every little bit donation wise is what makes this project possible.

Reactions: MilitantPasta

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
So I just discovered this game from seeing one of Tarakanovich's pictures of that redhead, Verona I believe her name is? So I just gone one question: Can I romance/sex her up, either right now or in the future? That's all I really need to know to decide if this is gonna be my game or not.

Daxarian

Dec 24, 2017
So I just discovered this game from seeing one of Tarakanovich's pictures of that redhead, Verona I believe her name is? So I just gone one question: Can I romance/sex her up, either right now or in the future? That's all I really need to know to decide if this is gonna be my game or not.
Yup, she currently has one scene.

Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Sorry it has been really busy so I can basically just post what Arbuz wrote!

PatreonBuild5.jpg

Characters are now traveling the city. Although this is still primitive, more advanced behaviours will be added soon to bring life to the city. We implemented the money, inventory, quests, experience/level/abilities systems. Even if their interfaces is still in a placeholder state. Another notable change is the new cheats options menu, which allow to access some game breaking settings (obviously not recommended).

Changelog:
  • Hera 2 part quest, portrait, animated sprite and smutting.
  • New AI system allowing NPC crowd to walk around town and do tasks, chat, buy, move objects, patrol, travel...
  • New Alchemy shop location in the trade district.
  • New Order shrine location in the old docks. World map (WiP).
  • Add Order priest sprite and dialogue.
  • Add Dee's master dialogue.
  • Add Lin portrait, animated sprite (front + back), and dialogue.
  • Animated sprites with modular parts for random NPC (front + back).
  • Pesh animated sprites. Improve the chatter system, allowing
  • NPC to talk to each-other, using the dialogue editor.
  • Add the items and inventory system, take and drop items from containers.
  • Implement levels and experience system: gain exp, unlock/manage party abilities and slots (temporary UI).
  • Add cheats to the options menu: Set player money and level, quests states, unlock portrait, smut settings, player location, companions in the party, possess any character.
  • Implement the money system, taking the game difficulty level into account.
  • Zoom key shortcuts: +/- and page up/down.
  • Implement the new quest objectives and hints system in all the quests.
  • Allow to disable quest hints in the new game window.

Dialogue editor:
  • New properties: skip, fallback, break, singleChild, never, random response direct reference, or condition.
  • Properties value auto completion, characters history, max width.
  • Add money related features: addMoney, isMoney, <$money> Add experience related features:
  • AddExperience.
  • Allow to add comments to nodes.
  • Metadata properties (key/value pairs).
  • Fix response properties copy/paste, add copy/paste properties shortcuts (Alt+C Alt+V).
  • Allow to edit the smut scenes settings via the setStage method.

I'll have a more in depthpost about some of our cool stuff and videos of new features, formation walking, crowd and desnity, other bitties too! So keep your eyes peeled for that noise.

TeamDeadDeerSquare400x.png

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Well you're in luck, I can't wait to write more of her! ;). Dominant Gals are really fun to write, and there is definitely going to be more of her in the future.
I think I love you...

But for real though, I love some light femdom type stuff. Plus, redheads and freckles and big tits? Are you intentionally writing my perfect woman? Because you're doing a damned good job of it!

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I think I love you...

But for real though, I love some light femdom type stuff. Plus, redheads and freckles and big tits? Are you intentionally writing my perfect woman? Because you're doing a damned good job of it!
After the last court case I can not confirm or deny whether I stalk specific users on the internet to write their perfect character. Haha, but thanks, she is definitely one of the more fun character I've written so far and we plan on using her again as you might have noticed from the hint at the end of her quest!

Tarakanovich saying he liked her was insanely awesome, he actually played the game and dug her character.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
After the last court case I can not confirm or deny whether I stalk specific users on the internet to write their perfect character. Haha, but thanks, she is definitely one of the more fun character I've written so far and we plan on using her again as you might have noticed from the hint at the end of her quest!

Tarakanovich saying he liked her was insanely awesome, he actually played the game and dug her character.
Yeah, his artwork of her was amazingly good. I had never heard of Price for Freedom at all before this, but now I'm interested, although definitely still primarily for Verona haha! I hate to be this guy, but when do you think you'll be adding more of her? Also I actually had some other, non-Verona related questions for you. Firstly: Will we eventually have the chance for a customizable MC? Or is Redric going to be the MC? Also, how big do you plan to make this game? We talking like old fashioned Baldur's Gate kinda length? Either way, keep up the amazing work! I hate that I'm not able to pledge to you right now, but you're definitely getting my money, as soon as I have some >.>

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, his artwork of her was amazingly good. I had never heard of Price for Freedom at all before this, but now I'm interested, although definitely still primarily for Verona haha! I hate to be this guy, but when do you think you'll be adding more of her? Also I actually had some other, non-Verona related questions for you. Firstly: Will we eventually have the chance for a customizable MC? Or is Redric going to be the MC? Also, how big do you plan to make this game? We talking like old fashioned Baldur's Gate kinda length? Either way, keep up the amazing work! I hate that I'm not able to pledge to you right now, but you're definitely getting my money, as soon as I have some >.>
No problem I enjoy talking about and answering peoples questions on our project.

Verona might be a while until we do some more follow up content, mainly... we want the story to progress for the next quest. She's a sword rattler basically, haha. She goes for those sellswords, adventurers, mercenaries, monster slayers, and anyone who has made a name for themselves typically in the bravery department. She likes strong men and women basically, so you'll need to prove worthy for a follow up lewd scene. But I want to have a scene before that with her and Vaehill, er "Old Lizard Woman" just chatting together while having what passes for coffee in this region.

Customization of Redic is a tricky question. There's no real efficient way for us to do it unless we get enough patreon funding to hire a full-time animator. If we could cover that it's very possible we could have a light customization system for the male version of Redic, so scars, markings, maybe skin tone... but nothing that would particularly change his profile. It would be a lot of drawing new assets for every scene. Programming wise we could get it done in a day. Another issue is that I would like to have still frame pictures; However, we do want to include a gender option so our lady friends out there in the world could play a female character. We need to assess this probably in the midway point if it's feasible or not, but we all desire this a lot.

We're talking old-fashioned Baldur's Gate length! Our first "dungeon" will clarify we do intend for excursions and adventures to be quite long. We are also theory crafting on secondary gameplay loops and mechanics. Deck (programmer) and I are both very keen to add in a CYOA style text game where you commission out with Caravans, Smugglers, or the Monster Slayer guilds etc. It would basically have 1-3 paragraphs of text with 3 options, you pick the option and the story goes on that way with a couple random chance rolls to shake it up, accompanied with low detailed and stylized paintings.

So we kind of want a... I don't know if it would be replayability aspect, but a drawn-out experience. Although replay wise you can choose different dialogue options etc, but these will more affect the people of the world rather than the story arc. We plan on having it more or less always culminate to the same conclusion, but with different ways of getting there.

A big spoiler is we plan to include after credits roll ala Fallout 1 and 2. Not 3, 3 was terrible.

And awesome, even just interest is a hugely appreciated bit of support. You can pop by our discord if you have any questions or just want to chat, we understand not everyone can spring for this financially so we really do appreciate every form of support people can manage.

2018-05-06_2250.png
Oops, did I post that!? Butter fingers I guess :x

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes