4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Ignore what, when you run the game this is the first and only thing that pops up.
When those errors appear, you usually have on the bottom the option to ignore that crash. I did it and it was running fine.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
For me, the way I see humanity advencement is inevitable weather AIs are involeved or not. The thing is that with the AIs rather than destroy and kill pointlessly during that redevelopment humans could develop in a safer and more harmonious way. Making something as ubiquitous as plastic is today is a prject of a few generations for the people oof PoP not to mention that The Island probably does not have the manpower alone to do it. No the way I see it humanity would develop slowly but in a more harmonious way. For example smelting Iron, rather than let humans do it willy nilly AIs could make them care about proper ventilation to make sure workers don't die prematurely, teach them about waste management and nudge them in experimenting with more eficient methodologies to lessen the environemental burden. If The AIs don't involve themselves humanity could trash the world worst than we have. In the world of PoP most hydrocarburs have been extracted from the earth, same with rare metals. this could lead to a world in worst shape than it currently is with humans going for tecnologies more damaging to the environment and themselves if left to their own devices.

There is plenty of Oops moments in humanity's history, if the AIs can help dodge those again I see it as a benefit. Especialy since their world is in a more fragile state than ours by what information we glanced from the AIs.
fair enough, but in game, they will talk about it...

hell, i wouldn't be surprised if the dev would use our conversations as a form of inspiration and quote even just a couple of the lines we wrote here ^^

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
oyun açılmıyor
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not sure why those errors are occurring - I literally haven't changed a single thing in my build process... And it seems to only be some users, since it seems the large majority of people can play it without issues. I can't repro it myself, either. :/ I'll work on some sort of bugfix and try to get it posted, though.

Reactions: sava75

BigusDickus32

Feb 2, 2021
Not sure why those errors are occurring - I literally haven't changed a single thing in my build process... And it seems to only be some users, since it seems the large majority of people can play it without issues. I can't repro it myself, either. :/ I'll work on some sort of bugfix and try to get it posted, though.
it appeared in chapter 11, before everything worked fine

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
If you are experiencing the "No such file or directory" steam_appid.txt issue, you can download this file and place it in the game directory to resolve the issue. If you do try to port your saves to the Steam version of the game later, I can't guarantee this won't cause save game issues, since this patch specifically changes how the Steam integration works and may alter your persistent file. Fair warning. :)

RedRidingWolf

Jul 24, 2018
I like the game so far and the Characters are well written. (Plus I like red haired ladys, personal thingy) =) Keep up so good work.

Nov 12, 2021
If you are experiencing the "No such file or directory" steam_appid.txt issue, you can download this file and place it in the game directory to resolve the issue. If you do try to port your saves to the Steam version of the game later, I can't guarantee this won't cause save game issues, since this patch specifically changes how the Steam integration works and may alter your persistent file. Fair warning. :)
I get a new error now

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/steamappid_patch.rpy", line 2: Tab characters are not allowed in Ren'Py scripts.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Mon Sep 5 21:13:08 2022

Never had any issues with your game before, weird :/

Reactions: kodaa1337

kodaa1337

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2020
I get a new error now

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/steamappid_patch.rpy", line 2: Tab characters are not allowed in Ren'Py scripts.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Mon Sep 5 21:13:08 2022

Never had any issues with your game before, weird :/
Same.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Legacy is partially correct, Eve is partially correct. They should not enable the islanders to cut down their entire forest for make smithies and they should not share the power of electricity, which will snowball them straight to hell.
Doing nothing however will lead to a lot of people dying. Eve and Legacy have knowledge of thousands of years of history, culture, technology and geography. If they aren't going to share the knowledge about where to find all that steel then they should come up with an alternative so people on the island can continue farming at least to the point that they can sustain their population. They're both right, but Legacy's solution to the problem will lead to a likely unacceptable level of loss.
There are relatively low tech solutions though. You'll have to forgive me, it's been about 14 years since I learnt this in school but it was either the Mayans, Aztecs or Incans who had ridiculous farming, irrigation and plumbing technology without relying on massive machinery or other industrialized processes. Legacy and Eve could definitely help with a number of relatively low tech solutions that would enable better farming outcomes that could potentially out weigh at least some of the costs of losing metal access.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Can you try this version please? Seems like Notepad++ doesn't properly format .rpy files. :(
Yeah, Notepad++ uses an actual tab character when either you hit Tab or you are already indented and hit Enter for the new line. It will align the next line of code with the previous one, but it uses a tab to do so. It's a pain, but replacing the tab character with four spaces fixes it. I think it's just what the program does generally; IIRC a Python, PHP, or Pascal file will also all get a tab character instead.

(also free) does a much better job (where the Tab key gets interpreted as four spaces, just like hitting Enter) with that type of thing.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
+1 Eve, as said earlier in this thread it is possible to get over most hurdle through informations and or sheer will.
The game is being set over interesting topics.
TBS and great story even if thet are various topic left non described like light to start. The Dalton estate study for one.
Looking forward next story getting covered, legacy update for one then relations between AI...

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
So you wouldn't kill in the defense of your loved ones and every single person on the island? As I said earlier in the thread, part of training someone to carry a weapon to be used to defend themselves, loved ones, or innocents, is to have them come to terms with taking another's life. Also to define the limits when they would use potentially deadly force.

"Normal people" who decide to provide for their defense and that of others, are led to come to terms with the necessary boundaries to do that. Some decide they can't do so. Fair enough. Those who move forward are willing to kill if necessary within the boundaries where they have no choice.

"Normal people" facing an ugly enough threat have killed the threat for thousands of years. As I said earlier, the MC had no choice, what sucks is had they left as soon as they knew of the plague he never would have been in the situation.

Also we (not you but several folks here) have been throwing the term assassination around pretty freely. Assassination applies to killing prominent people heads of governments, major figures etc. Killing the inquisitor is murder, but not an assassination.
Uhhh, I hate to tell you, but just because training someone to use a weapon to kill or maim another human being doesn't make someone come to terms with taking another's life. Training to take another's life and actually being faced with the decision to purposefully take another's life are two very, very different things. I was in the Army and scene combat. I've hunted before, etc. There's no other feeling/emotion/etc. for you have/process when attempting to kill another human. It's a lot different than killing an animal. Granted, not everyone follows this. Some are able to kill someone else without as many issues, but the average person, it's monumental. If you read stories/watched documentaries, this comes up in the Vietnam War. Most American troops, even when trained to kill another person, would shoot above head height because they couldn't bring themselves to shoot at another person. Even if it was war. This can be traced to many wars. Granted, training has evolved to attempt to make it easier for a person to shoot another human, but that visceral fear/feelings/emotion is still there for a majority of people.

Yeah, the MC may not have had a choice, but it's still that visceral response. He just killed a member of the Church, was another human that wasn't a sanctioned duel and had time to prepare himself mentally, etc. And unlike movies, again for the majority of people, just because you kill one person, it doesn't necessarily make it any easier if you have to kill again. Unless you're a sociopath.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Legacy is partially correct, Eve is partially correct. They should not enable the islanders to cut down their entire forest for make smithies and they should not share the power of electricity, which will snowball them straight to hell.
Doing nothing however will lead to a lot of people dying. Eve and Legacy have knowledge of thousands of years of history, culture, technology and geography. If they aren't going to share the knowledge about where to find all that steel then they should come up with an alternative so people on the island can continue farming at least to the point that they can sustain their population. They're both right, but Legacy's solution to the problem will lead to a likely unacceptable level of loss.
There are relatively low tech solutions though. You'll have to forgive me, it's been about 14 years since I learnt this in school but it was either the Mayans, Aztecs or Incans who had ridiculous farming, irrigation and plumbing technology without relying on massive machinery or other industrialized processes. Legacy and Eve could definitely help with a number of relatively low tech solutions that would enable better farming outcomes that could potentially out weigh at least some of the costs of losing metal access.
The treehugger vs technomancer dichotomy, while interesting as food for thoughts, It doesn't matter in the bigger picture becuse humans are how they are even in this game world. Give a monkey a stick and inevitably he'll beat another monkey to death with it. Without AI help they're already in another Middle Age period with pestilence, religious cults, nobles and all that jazz.

conscription

Apr 10, 2017
Yeah, Notepad++ uses an actual tab character when either you hit Tab or you are already indented and hit Enter for the new line. It will align the next line of code with the previous one, but it uses a tab to do so. It's a pain, but replacing the tab character with four spaces fixes it.
In Notepad++, open the Settings > Preferences... window, then in the Preferences window look at the Languages panel.

On the right hand side there is a Tab Settings section with a checkbox for whether it uses a Tab character, or uses a number of spaces. You can set that as the Default for all languages, or set it for each language individually.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
In Notepad++, open the Settings > Preferences... window, then in the Preferences window look at the Languages panel.

On the right hand side there is a Tab Settings section with a checkbox for whether it uses a Tab character, or uses a number of spaces. You can set that as the Default for all languages, or set it for each language individually.
Well, I'll just use JEdit anyway, but definitely good to know.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
The treehugger vs technomancer dichotomy, while interesting as food for thoughts, It doesn't matter in the bigger picture becuse humans are how they are even in this game world. Give a monkey a stick and inevitably he'll beat another monkey to death with it. Without AI help they're already in another Middle Age period with pestilence, religious cults, nobles and all that jazz.
About time someone else made another Expanse reference. You also touch upon a lot points that the AIs have yet to discuss, but I think the juxtaposed views convey an interesting insight into their intended purpose.

I wish chapter 12 didn't feel so short! The overarching plot is just so damn good that it feels like a drug addiction. Plus I'm excited to see how a throuple with Emilia gets handled since she is too good to not include in on the love :love:.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Reading these theories is always fun. :D I won't spoil anything, of course, but I really enjoy where people take these ideas.

I will say this - I don't think anyone in a story should be a completely reliable narrator/source of information, especially on subjective matters. Every character is going to bring their own biases to the table, so it's up to the player (and MC) to figure out what they think the truth is. Legacy and Eve obviously have very different views, but Maria, Emilia, and other to be introduced characters will all have their own perspectives, none of which will be as simple as "yes tech" or "no tech". Legacy and Eve definitely aren't that simple - we're just getting started with them, in fact.

4.30 star(s) 121 Votes