4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 7, 2019
First launch...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 27, in script
init -1500 python in achievement:
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 271, in <module>
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 250, in steam_preinit
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:/J\udce1t\udce9kok/Price-Of-Power\\lib\\windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
steam_preinit()
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
File "renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 94, in compat_open
return python_open(*args, **kwargs)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:/J\udce1t\udce9kok/Price-Of-Power\\lib\\windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Price of Power Chapter 12: The Second Second Expedition
Mon Sep 5 00:16:57 2022
Just press ignore and the game runs fine.

Nov 12, 2021
Game's crashing on launch

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
steam_preinit()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:/T\udce9l\udce9chargement/Price-Of-Power\\lib\\windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 94, in compat_open
return python_open(*args, **kwargs)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:/T\udce9l\udce9chargement/Price-Of-Power\\lib\\windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Price of Power Chapter 12: The Second Second Expedition
Mon Sep 5 02:50:35 2022

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Hi All,

Made a compressed Android port of The Price of Power Ch12. This is mostly for my own use but figured I'd share it with others as well.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link:

Reactions: Warhawk1

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
MC is kind of a whiny dunce, isn't he? Get's a little annoying.
I hope he gets better.
i mean, can you blame him? Lived most of his life alone, then he goes on an adventure with the love of his life, nearly dies, and uterus-eating virus infects the woman he loves, and then, first an arrogant noble piss on his dignity, then he kills him on a duel, then the church didn't like the outcome of the duel and starts to hunt him, the woman he loves, and a new friend he made during the adventure. On top of this, he has an AI in his brain that has several moments when he is annoying, and suddenly he must save the world he knows from the uterus-eating virus that he brought on the island...

Honestly? i don't blame him

Also for those who talked about Eve vs Legacy about what to do with society(if share technology or not) i'm with Legacy, although Eve trying to skip the whole "use charcoal" technological step, it's something that i would let her try.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
The philosophic questions raised in this episode are really mind blowing. At first I thought that the church and their conservatism is a bad thing, because using religion to stabilize and enforce practical rules although possibly beneficial in the short term is usually a hindrance in the long term. But after this episode I realized that the prophet is the first person in millennia to found a stable society. So a big problem with religious enforced rules, the inability to adapt to a new situation does not really apply.

So I think it may be the best to let the metal shortage further deteriorate the technological level, because the current system will not survive the strain of a growing sphere of influence. The collapse will give rise to conflict and it is quite possible the last pocket of humanity will be eradicated. The alternative running out of iron is safer, because farming tools, blades and nails dont have to be made of metal and have been only for some centuries. Furthermore the process of running out will be slow, as the society recycles much more and probably only looses metal to wear in the ground.
What do you think?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
The philosophic questions raised in this episode are really mind blowing. At first I thought that the church and their conservatism is a bad thing, because using religion to stabilize and enforce practical rules although possibly beneficial in the short term is usually a hindrance in the long term. But after this episode I realized that the prophet is the first person in millennia to found a stable society. So a big problem with religious enforced rules, the inability to adapt to a new situation does not really apply.

So I think it may be the best to let the metal shortage further deteriorate the technological level, because the current system will not survive the strain of a growing sphere of influence. The collapse will give rise to conflict and it is quite possible the last pocket of humanity will be eradicated. The alternative running out of iron is safer, because farming tools, blades and nails dont have to be made of metal and have been only for some centuries. Furthermore the process of running out will be slow, as the society recycles much more and probably only looses metal to wear in the ground.
What do you think?
if we(in the game) could skip the whole part of development that relies on charcoal, petroleum and other flammable resources similar to gasoline, i would approve the technological development, but at the same time, to make some of the equipment to go "solar", requires high temperature furnaces...so it's unavoidable, unless they use the heat of a volcano...somehow..

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
The problem is that both Legacy and Eve are correct. Humanity can accomplish great things, but it needs to get over itself first, and that's a hell of a mountain to climb. They've already messed up once, you'd think the next time around would be better, but we won't know until we get there.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
The problem is that both Legacy and Eve are correct. Humanity can accomplish great things, but it needs to get over itself first, and that's a hell of a mountain to climb. They've already messed up once, you'd think the next time around would be better, but we won't know until we get there.
and Legacy doesn't want to take the risk, because apparently it's not the first civilization to implode and self-destruct over power, technologies and destroying everything that mother nature has to offer...

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
For me, the way I see humanity advencement is inevitable weather AIs are involeved or not. The thing is that with the AIs rather than destroy and kill pointlessly during that redevelopment humans could develop in a safer and more harmonious way. Making something as ubiquitous as plastic is today is a prject of a few generations for the people oof PoP not to mention that The Island probably does not have the manpower alone to do it. No the way I see it humanity would develop slowly but in a more harmonious way. For example smelting Iron, rather than let humans do it willy nilly AIs could make them care about proper ventilation to make sure workers don't die prematurely, teach them about waste management and nudge them in experimenting with more eficient methodologies to lessen the environemental burden. If The AIs don't involve themselves humanity could trash the world worst than we have. In the world of PoP most hydrocarburs have been extracted from the earth, same with rare metals. this could lead to a world in worst shape than it currently is with humans going for tecnologies more damaging to the environment and themselves if left to their own devices.

There is plenty of Oops moments in humanity's history, if the AIs can help dodge those again I see it as a benefit. Especialy since their world is in a more fragile state than ours by what information we glanced from the AIs.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner
4.30 star(s) 121 Votes