4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
From my Patreon:

Update #1!

I tried to think of a clever title...But I can't, so it's Update #1 for now. Work is well underway for Ch. 2 of the game - we're at a bit over 70 renders completed (so ~20-25% done) and all of scene 1 is rendered. Scene 2 is going to be the big one this time around and I'm really looking forward to it. :)
I'm still hesitant to put any sort of date/time on the release until I'm much closer, but I'm still targeting the end of the month if I don't hit any snags...Fingers crossed!

D

Deleted member 2767565

From my Patreon:

Update #1!

I'm still hesitant to put any sort of date/time on the release until I'm much closer, but I'm still targeting the end of the month if I don't hit any snags...Fingers crossed!
Perhaps you should have said release at the beginning to the middle of March?

Then your audience would have been totally delighted and impressed that you managed to deliver not just on time (assuming, as you say, no major snags) but, in fact, marginally earlier than anticipated.

Assuming you apply the same practice to future releases too, I do not believe it will set any precedent in the minds of your audience by which you might in future be judged negatively if you happen to miss.

Just a thought, that's all.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Perhaps you should have said release at the beginning to the middle of March?

Then your audience would have been totally delighted and impressed that you managed to deliver not just on time (assuming, as you say, no major snags) but, in fact, marginally earlier than anticipated.

Assuming you apply the same practice to future releases too, I do not believe it will set any precedent in the minds of your audience by which you might in future be judged negatively if you happen to miss.

Just a thought, that's all.
It's February 10th, so I have ~18 days to go...I'm not sure what you're implying here, but I'm still on track for an end of month release.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
It's February 10th, so I have ~18 days to go...I'm not sure what you're implying here, but I'm still on track for an end of month release.
I think they're trying to tell you to pull a "Scotty" (from star trek) i.e: if you tell someone something'll take 4 hours, when you do it in 3 you look like a genius. But tell them it'll take 3 hours then you just look competent? I guess? Though honestly I'd prefer you missing a "deadline" for a few days rather than having something rushed :)

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I think they're trying to tell you to pull a "Scotty" (from star trek) i.e: if you tell someone something'll take 4 hours, when you do it in 3 you look like a genius. But tell them it'll take 3 hours then you just look competent? I guess? Though honestly I'd prefer you missing a "deadline" for a few days rather than having something rushed :)
Oh, sure, I could just set an arbitrarily long deadline and then just always beat it. :p However, setting a clear deadline makes it easier for me to plan/manage towards and for everyone else to set expectations. I'm trying not to use shenanigans to make myself look good, since that's...Kinda scummy and not my style. I'll win people over the old fashioned way...With handholding and romantic content. :cool:

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
Wow.I didn't expect this but it was a good game with the potential to be a great one.
Wish the best for the dev.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
I'll win people over the old fashioned way...With handholding and romantic content.
such lewdness, in this good christian site? away with you harlot!

btw, I think you can ask a mod for one of those shiny "game developer" flairs that the cool kids get under their usernames

Henr11

Game Compressor
Jun 4, 2020
Price of Power [Ch. 1] Pandaman Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 611 MB
Original Size Mac: 574 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 115 MB: MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 80 MB: MEGA

Note: Best way to download from MEGA and avoid the Download Limit is by using MEGA App, MEGAsync.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Compress Quality Below
Compressed version for windows is not available

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
eI hope it is not abandoned because the game is very good
Panda (the dev) has stated that we'll have an update before the end of the month, so not abandoned (also, it's barely been a few weeks since the initial release of the game, and has no [abandoned] tag, be patient :p)

Reactions: Real Kreten

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Just put out a new alpha for my alpha testers not 48 hours ago and I'm working on a hefty (120 frame) animation right now. The game is definitely alive, come check out my Discord. :p
I would like to post a public apology regarding my misleading statements about the number of renders in the animation I'm working on. Instead of 120 frames of animation, the animation will now be at least 240 frames in length (and I'll be using some magic to stretch that out to at least 480 frames). Hope y'all will forgive me! :KEK:

Oct 8, 2019
I was sold when I heard the opening soundtrack but now I had to stop to ask someone explain this disturbing and offensive "wholesome hand holding". How dare you show your face in public. Ehh I'm just kidding, thanks for the laugh.

Oct 8, 2019
Okay, so I said my last comment as a joke but my sky ghost this was just too sweet. I do not mean that negatively. Honestly, I was smiling the entire time I was reading. Although there is a pit in my stomach that is terrified that something bad is going to happen, I hope that is just me being a cynic. Either way, this was sweet, slightly sad and just the right amount of meet-cute humor to ensure that I will keep watching for every update and good luck with the project even though you certainly don't need it.

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.30 star(s) 121 Votes