4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
So Maria is forced on you? She is exactly the kind of female character I hate. Poor little rich girl who grew up with every privilege one could want but ignores the responsibillities that come with them.

This is why I hate "For love of magic" as well. The Character is forced to have a bullshit romance with the annoying princess meanwhile ignoring the red headed bombshell who has 10 times the personality and is far more attractive then that insipid princess. Sigh.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So Maria is forced on you? She is exactly the kind of female character I hate. Poor little rich girl who grew up with every privilege one could want but ignores the responsibillities that come with them.

This is why I hate "For love of magic" as well. The Character is forced to have a bullshit romance with the annoying princess meanwhile ignoring the red headed bombshell who has 10 times the personality and is far more attractive then that insipid princess. Sigh.
It's kind of implied by the game description and banner. Not sure why you would've expected something else. Also, there's far more to Maria in this game than how you describe her. Ofc that doesn't mean this game will be for you.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't mean to bring the tone of the thread down it's just people have told me this is good and I do like a good fantasy story with romance being my jam.

However when I started playing i'm seeing a lot of references to churches and religion.

Me and religion are on very bad terms.

Anywhooo.... is it very heavy on that front or just at the start?

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I don't mean to bring the tone of the thread down it's just people have told me this is good and I do like a good fantasy story with romance being my jam.

However when I started playing i'm seeing a lot of references to churches and religion.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

The church is pretty well the bad guys here. The civilization is in some weird totalitarian pseudo christian theocracy and the MC was raised in it. He slips out of the church brainwashing more and more the further into the story we go.
Basically without getting into spoilers, the church sucks. Leaving out the details as best I can one of the main LIs would be executed by them if they found her, and MC won't have that.

krakos9

Sep 16, 2016

The story is interesting, religion is only what people believe in this world. Doesn't make it right.

Reactions: Avaron1974

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019

Up to this point it's talked about and you encounter a few people involved with religion. Ofc the people are reliying on it cause they have nothing else

As to not spoil you anything, if you can't stand religion ; give the game a chance. I'm sure you'll see why once you met a certain character

Reactions: Avaron1974

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022

One of the best parts of this game is the evolution of the characters, from the MC to the LI's. All of them and each of them are on a growing path that not only brings them together, but, shows us how thin the mantle of brainwashing goes. To me, that is the main attraction of this title.

So, don't worry, play along and you'll be immersed in their struggles soon. If I can presume to give you advice, play it slowly, by this I mean in short sessions. Savor it, because if anything this will feel short even if it isn't.

My 2 cents.

Peace :)

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018

Sounds like you haven't really played either game then. ;)

Everyone's already covered it, but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. :)

Feb 5, 2018
I am vision impaired. From all I've read here, this a great game. My problem is that the text /background color combination does not have enough contrast to make it easily readable for me. Is more contrast possible?

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Sounds like you haven't really played either game then. ;)

Everyone's already covered it, but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. :)
For Love of magic I played till end of current version. The fact remains that the you have no other choice then to marry the Emily (the princess) while I wish you could tell her to fuck off and go with Katie. One good point is that from what I see Maria has a slightly more complex personality than her, but not by much.

• Angry
Reactions: DarhkBlu

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
For Love of magic I played till end of current version. The fact remains that the you have no other choice then to marry the Emily (the princess)
That's the entire point of the story.

He was very literally created to be her husband, he couldn't exist without her. It was never a "pick your love interest" game.

Much like this one it has a set story you follow.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021

Really? I remember her differently. Such a wifey material.

I had to quit this game a while back when everyone was throwing the word "harem" around every week. Now it went past chapter 10, so I guess the plan has changed? Yay?...Panda? Give me the good news, mate.

That's not a good news for you, I guess. But me and MY religion are on really good terms! Anyone is welcome to exercise it. I highly recommend it too. It's called Atheism.

Reactions: jmncklsn
4.30 star(s) 121 Votes