4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
It's primarily a wholesome romance story with a bit to say about religion, human nature, and the intersection of technology and environmentalism. :LOL:
This should be your intro to the game on the front page. It is not just needed information,but a warning to players who just want to play a game and not be constantly bombarded with the "latest thing" being pushed by the current "narrative".

You. Can we keep politics out of this thread?...also my game is a safe space I can express my views on technology,religion,human nature,environmentalism,and hand holding.

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
This should be your intro to the game on the front page. It is not just needed information,but a warning to players who just want to play a game and not be constantly bombarded with the "latest thing" being pushed by the current "narrative".

You. Can we keep politics out of this thread?...also my game is a safe space I can express my views on technology,religion,human nature,environmentalism,and hand holding.
If people want to discuss themes from the game (ie. technology), that's fine, but conspiracy theories, what some nutcase said, etc. is just a slippery slope to madness. The only thing I'm really trying to do with this game is to make wholesome, plot-focused adult content that I would enjoy and other people hopefully would as well. The plot contains themes that I also have opinions about, but I'm not demanding that anyone subscribe to any of them. Maybe you'll agree with how the characters proceed through the story and engage with these topics, maybe you won't. Either way, playing a game with a plot has an inherent risk that you'll run into topics/themes/whatever you want to call them that you have differing views on.

Discuss the game reasonably and respectfully and I'm happy to join in and engage. There are a lot of good people who contribute here and I always enjoy reading fan theories/discussions about the latest content. :) But if someone starts itching to reference some politically charged stuff and turn my game thread into another F95 cesspool, then I'm not cool with that and will stop it at the earliest possible moment.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
PriceOfPower-CH13
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
If people want to discuss themes from the game (ie. technology), that's fine, but conspiracy theories, what some nutcase said, etc. is just a slippery slope to madness.
Do we need to post videos of WEF people or the media talking about the Great Reset for you not to consider those conspiracy theories anymore? :BootyTime:

Semi-trolling aside (wall of text incoming!), your game does hold some political themes. Whether they're your own or not doesn't matter. The aim of your game was partly to have people reflect upon and ponder such issues. So why, when they do just that, do you say you do not want this to happen?

I can fully understand not appreciating people putting words in your mouth, disrespecting one another and all that. But what you said was to "keep the political stuff out of here". If it gets out of hand, 100% agree. Quick questions or reflections linking the game's themes and the real world though, I do not. Games are amazing because, much like other forms or media, allow creators to imagine a scenario where something hypothetical happens, then unfold the story from there. If all men/women died, what would happen? If a zombie apocalypse fell down upon us, what would happen?

With regards to your game, this would be: if technology goes unchecked, morals and ethics cast aside by the elites, what could happen? Obviously, such questions will have people talking. Thing is, Legacy's diatribe, while ultimately caused by a malfunction, is at the very least partly wrong. Factually so. That is certain to get people talking. Freedom of speech means information can circulate and be shared, bad ideas or misconceptions can be shattered. There's a reason why authoritarians have always attacked freedom of speech first and foremost.

So yeah. If Legacy's diatribe is in the game, it's to set a certain tone, certain expectations, to build a world. It's to have players ponder how this all fits with the rest of the game, come up with theories... and of course, compare with reality to see how much they have to suspend their disbelief. That means talking about it. Instead, you should be glad that your game manages to have people try to engage in conversation, so long as it's respectful and doesn't fully take over the thread of course.

-
All that being said! The game is enjoyable, a tad slow-paced at times maybe but I know it's done on purpose. The biggest problem I have is that it feels like our characters don't truly have anything to fear on the island. All potential threats come and go immediately (there's only one big, overarching and mostly unseen threat) without much effort.
Judging from your responses, wholesome romance is not the only central theme of the game. Had it been, yeah sure. Plot is an excuse to have romance, I don't mind. But since it isn't, try not to resolve all conflicts soon after they are made apparent. Right now, the mystery is likely already half solved (if not more) if you stop to think 2 minutes about it, no credible threats on the island, the "zombies" can be dealt with, knowledge of the past is available... all that's missing is finding proper infrastructure, spend time working on a cure, spend time spreading said knowledge so that the infrastructure of society can slowly return to its previous glory, put the trio at the head of said society and boom. The end, they lived happily ever after and all that. Even if things don't exactly unfold that way, given the pace, tone and all, this is perfectly acceptable for me to just go with that and never return to the game again. So far, there has only been 2 instances of "ok, I didn't see that coming" (virus, tribe... vague enough not to need spoilers). That indicates a lack of narrative tension. Things can't be tense if I know how it all ends.

In short, the characters are nice but they lack a proper stage to truly shine. Just my 2 cents. I hope it can help in any way.

Last edited:

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
IDK why you're posting images of JP Sears in reference to this... But okay. Yes, the game is political in the sense that the characters have their own viewpoints. I, obviously, have my own views of the world as well. However, this game isn't about Malthus, the WEF, or conservative comedians. It's primarily a wholesome romance story with a bit to say about religion, human nature, and the intersection of technology and environmentalism. Unfortunately, the presence of any sort of meaningful plot, character with strong personality, or deviation from the norm (ie incest college harem) seems to trigger some people. I'm not going to stop, of course, but it's amusing to me just how many people read Legacy's initial diatribe and metaphorically shit themselves. :LOL:
you'r doing good, no worries.

Reactions: slick97

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, once I asked about the game title in the game's thread and that post (and the follow up posts) were deleted by mods/admins (within a day) because it was Off-Topic, but here you can read a bunch of stuff literally have nothing to do with the game. Most likely this post will be deleted too since the mods/amins are clearly in cahoots with certain members and have alternate accounts to separate work life and social life. These alternate accounts can practically can do anything they like because well they are the police. I probably should have just check the GCR thread to download the new releases. Cheers.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Do we need to post videos of WEF people or the media talking about the Great Reset for you not to consider those conspiracy theories anymore? :BootyTime:

Semi-trolling aside (wall of text incoming!), your game does hold some political themes. Whether they're your own or not doesn't matter. The aim of your game was partly to have people reflect upon and ponder such issues. So why, when they do just that, do you say you do not want this to happen?

I can fully understand not appreciating people putting words in your mouth, disrespecting one another and all that. But what you said was to "keep the political stuff out of here". If it gets out of hand, 100% agree. Quick questions or reflections linking the game's themes and the real world though, I do not. Games are amazing because, much like other forms or media, allow creators to imagine a scenario where something hypothetical happens, then unfold the story from there. If all men/women died, what would happen? If a zombie apocalypse fell down upon us, what would happen?

With regards to your game, this would be: if technology goes unchecked, morals and ethics cast aside by the elites, what could happen? Obviously, such questions will have people talking. Thing is, Legacy's diatribe, while ultimately caused by a malfunction, is at the very least partly wrong. Factually so. That is certain to get people talking. Freedom of speech means information can circulate and be shared, bad ideas or misconceptions can be shattered. There's a reason why authoritarians have always attacked freedom of speech first and foremost.

So yeah. If Legacy's diatribe is in the game, it's to set a certain tone, certain expectations, to build a world. It's to have players ponder how this all fits with the rest of the game, come up with theories... and of course, compare with reality to see how much they have to suspend their disbelief. That means talking about it. Instead, you should be glad that your game manages to have people try to engage in conversation, so long as it's respectful and doesn't fully take over the thread of course.

-
All that being said! The game is enjoyable, a tad slow-paced at times maybe but I know it's done on purpose. The biggest problem I have is that it feels like our characters don't truly have anything to fear on the island. All potential threats come and go immediately (there's only one big, overarching and mostly unseen threat) without much effort.
Judging from your responses, wholesome romance is not the only central theme of the game. Had it been, yeah sure. Plot is an excuse to have romance, I don't mind. But since it isn't, try not to resolve all conflicts soon after they are made apparent. Right now, the mystery is likely already half solved (if not more) if you stop to think 2 minutes about it, no credible threats on the island, the "zombies" can be dealt with, knowledge of the past is available... all that's missing is finding proper infrastructure, spend time working on a cure, spend time spreading said knowledge so that the infrastructure of society can slowly return to its previous glory, put the trio at the head of said society and boom. The end, they lived happily ever after and all that. Even if things don't exactly unfold that way, given the pace, tone and all, this is perfectly acceptable for me to just go with that and never return to the game again. So far, there has only been 2 instances of "ok, I didn't see that coming" (virus, tribe... vague enough not to need spoilers). That indicates a lack of narrative tension. Things can't be tense if I know how it all ends.

In short, the characters are nice but they lack a proper stage to truly shine. Just my 2 cents. I hope it can help in any way.
I don't want to spoil things, but it's supposed to feel like everything is going fine right now. In fact, the next chapter (Chapter 14) is called "All's Quiet" and the one after is called "Revelations". I can see why there doesn't seem to be much narrative tension right now, but that's intentional at this point. I do have a fair number of twists planned in the next few chapters that I don't want to spoil, but hopefully you can take my word for it. :) Good feedback that I should keep more narrative tension in the future, so I'll do that.

Also, re the duel - the fact that there are no consequences now doesn't mean that there's no consequences when they return. The Church tried the shock-and-awe and somewhat-sneaky approaches already and they failed. Just because the characters are away from the island and can't see the plots unfolding against them doesn't mean that they aren't happening. I can promise that they will not have an easy go of it when they return, or even in the next few chapters.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
OK, so in this image (The image attached shows I didn't meet the requirements) we the user...are notified that there was a past choice in the story that would enable the harem / threesome path. Seriously? Just a few updates ago I just started using the 0x52_URM tool (I use this tool regularly on other games to see what's behind renpy game choices), and it looks like I fucking missed an important choice that would enable the harem / 3some path. And in my case...many of the story update released, there wasn't a working walk through at the time...so my choices were done without the aid of a WT, or the 0x52 tool.

So now I'm not pleased finding this out, considering I will have to try and go back and run through to find out where this pivotal choice is located, in order to enable the harem path. Fuck!

I sure hope I'm wrong, and the pivotal relationship choice will be offered again and is not far off in the story. And if anyone knows where the past choice could be found (chapter), this would help many users that are in the same boat as me. Fuck I'm not happy being forced out of the harem path!

screenshot0003.png

Last edited:

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
OK, so in this image (The image attached shows I didn't meet the requirements) we the user...are notified that there was a past choice in the story that would enable the harem / threesome path. Seriously? Just a few updates ago I just started using the 0x52_URM tool (I use this tool regularly on other games to see what's behind renpy game choices), and it looks like I fucking missed an important choice that would enable the harem / 3some path. And in my case...many of the story update released, there wasn't a working walk through at the time...so my choices were done without the aid of a WT, or the 0x52 tool.

So now I'm not pleased finding this out, considering I will have to try and go back and run through to find out where this pivotal choice is located, in order to enable the harem path. Fuck!

I sure hope I'm wrong, and the pivotal relationship choice will be offered again and is not far off in the story. And if anyone knows where the past choice could be found (chapter), this would help many users that are in the same boat as me. Fuck I'm not happy being forced out of the harem path!

View attachment 2139441
It's pretty hard to miss the harem path, so sounds like a skill issue TBH. :LOL: So you know, the choices that matter are:
If you're aiming for the harem path, it should be extremely obvious what choices to pick. As in, I think you're literally the only person who's played that's complained so far. :p

kodaa1337

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 27, in script
init -1500 python in achievement:
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 271, in <module>
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 250, in steam_preinit
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:/J\udce1t\udce9kok/Price-Of-Power-Ch13-market\\lib\\windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
steam_preinit()
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
File "renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 94, in compat_open
return python_open(*args, **kwargs)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'F:/J\udce1t\udce9kok/Price-Of-Power-Ch13-market\\lib\\windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Price of Power Chapter 13: Water, Earth, Fire, and Air
Tue Nov 1 18:58:04 2022

Same what i get the previous update.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
steam_preinit()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 94, in compat_open
return python_open(*args, **kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Price of Power Chapter 13: Water, Earth, Fire, and Air
Tue Nov 1 18:58:04 2022

Same what i get the previous update.
Yeah, if you have invalid characters (ie. accents) in your file path and you don't use Steam, it blows up. IDK why. You can either move the game to a file path without invalid characters or you can use the attached workaround (drop in the game folder).

4.30 star(s) 121 Votes