4.30 star(s) 123 Votes

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
did you even played you own game? how about you check this first meeting with a village girl sequence again before shoving your own words into my mouth, i don't see anything normal or realistic if bitch goes off the rails just from existence of other female in kilometer radius, what fucking cuckquean and sharing you talking about? MC says - "hi", chick - "HIS MINE DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM!", yeah, sure, realistic
Oh, no, I've never played the game that I've spent thousands of hours writing and working on. I never thought to do that, I just write shit and make up renders hoping that they match. I'll try playing my game next time, so that I can have the same level of understanding as some coomer pirate. :rolleyes:

I'd argue that people acting unreasonably/irrationally is often quite realistic. For example, some people tell me, the guy who made the game, that they know my game better than I do. It's hilariously irrational, but it actually happens IRL. Shocking, right! Sometimes there's a good reason for their actions (like there is for Maria, if you play through the game and do some critical thinking) and sometimes they're just off their rocker (like people who tell me what's going on in my own game). :)

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
did you even played you own game? how about you check this first meeting with a village girl sequence again before shoving your own words into my mouth, i don't see anything normal or realistic if bitch goes off the rails just from existence of other female in kilometer radius, what fucking cuckquean and sharing you talking about? MC says - "hi", chick - "HIS MINE DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM!", yeah, sure, realistic
>Whines about realism.
>Uses the most unrealistic hyperbolic interpretation of events possible.
Not even a topkek, I'd give your trolling about a 4/10

zandalari

May 4, 2019
TONIGHT, ON "DEVELOPER SECRETS"...
Oh, no, I've never played the game that I've spent thousands of hours writing and working on. I never thought to do that, I just write shit and make up renders hoping that they match. I'll try playing my game next time, so that I can have the same level of understanding as some coomer pirate. :rolleyes:
PANDAMAN GAMES, EXPOSED! (insert explosions) Subscribe, hit that bell for notifications and more cutting edge journalism!

And here my mom said I would never amount to anything! This sleuth shit is easy.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
TONIGHT, ON "DEVELOPER SECRETS"...

PANDAMAN GAMES, EXPOSED! (insert explosions) Subscribe, hit that bell for notifications and more cutting edge journalism!

And here my mom said I would never amount to anything! This sleuth shit is easy.
You're suggesting she wasn't right? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: zandalari

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hm, after this rather heated comment, I feel kinda bad coming with some (small) criticism of my own.
I get that the MC and the girls have to learn a lot from Legacy, but some stuff, like a basic chemistry lesson, that is just absurdly boring if you already know what elements are.
Yes, Legacy's snarky tone and caustic humour makes it all a bit more entertaining than it would be, if it was completely dry, but it still is pretty boring.

It's your game, of course, but maybe you could cut back on that kind of content a bit, after all, you could just say that Legacy gave them basic knowledge of the elements and could then handle how they deal with that new knowledge in a few sentences.
This doesn't need to take up minutes of game time each occasion they learn something new.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
It's your game, of course, but maybe you could cut back on that kind of content a bit, after all, you could just say that Legacy gave them basic knowledge of the elements and could then handle how they deal with that new knowledge in a few sentences.
This doesn't need to take up minutes of game time each occasion they learn something new.
On the contrary please take those minutes. There is nothing I hate more in games than a fade to black when the MC, or in this casse Legacy, explain something to others what hapens or a concept and the player only backs in the story for the conclusion. It feals cheap and like some story telling potential is skipped. In this particular casse I can literaly feel the minds of the protagonists changing their perspectives from a theologist one to a more scientific one. At the very least I can see the seed of doubt toward their previous belifes taking shape. If that section was skipped and we only got told that it happened, we, the player, could not understand the actions of the characters in the future. We would question if those actions would make sense. In that sence Panda did Great with this section. And the power points to me are perfect for what the game needs to do on the time and budget it has. Plus It realy is hilarious.

Reactions: ascsd and zandalari

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Hm, after this rather heated comment, I feel kinda bad coming with some (small) criticism of my own.
I get that the MC and the girls have to learn a lot from Legacy, but some stuff, like a basic chemistry lesson, that is just absurdly boring if you already know what elements are.
Yes, Legacy's snarky tone and caustic humour makes it all a bit more entertaining than it would be, if it was completely dry, but it still is pretty boring.

This is what I call reasonable feedback, where it's delivered respectfully, provides a rationale, and is providing an actual suggestion to make the game better. So I appreciate it and don't have any reason to be snarky towards you.
I considered fading to black for those sorts of conversation, but as knight_of_the_lance mentioned earlier, I think it would actually take away from the plot and character growth if these important conversations were skipped over. By playing out these specific moments, you can see the characters growing and questioning their old perspectives. Without this scene, I think it'd be jarring to have characters going from a four-elements perspectives straight to a modern, chemistry-based perspective within four lines. That's a gigantic shift in perspective and understanding. The point of the powerpoints (both past and future) isn't really the content of the presentations, but rather how the characters react and engage with the content. I'm not expecting anyone to actually learn anything from the presentations (though this is F95, so who knows), but the content is an important vehicle for character development. :geek:

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Great chapter as always, Pandaman Games ! I'm loving your game. Maria is such a babe! And Emilia is sweet too! Can't wait to see how MC and Maria will start a relationship with Emilia :)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This is what I call reasonable feedback, where it's delivered respectfully, provides a rationale, and is providing an actual suggestion to make the game better. So I appreciate it and don't have any reason to be snarky towards you.
I considered fading to black for those sorts of conversation, but as knight_of_the_lance mentioned earlier, I think it would actually take away from the plot and character growth if these important conversations were skipped over. By playing out these specific moments, you can see the characters growing and questioning their old perspectives. Without this scene, I think it'd be jarring to have characters going from a four-elements perspectives straight to a modern, chemistry-based perspective within four lines. That's a gigantic shift in perspective and understanding. The point of the powerpoints (both past and future) isn't really the content of the presentations, but rather how the characters react and engage with the content. I'm not expecting anyone to actually learn anything from the presentations (though this is F95, so who knows), but the content is an important vehicle for character development. :geek:
Well, I do still think this could be handled with just giving a short summary and THEN show how the characters' thinking has evolved, but I DO understand and accept your reasoning.
I will then just continue skipping this stuff, not like that kills me.

BTW, absolutely agree with you on how you deal with unreasonable attacks. Many devs either can't deal with ANY criticism at all and just ignore it or insult the critics, or they get really hurt by people who are unfairly going at them.
You do it the right way, which is something I've seen a few times from you by now, you deal rationally with people who make points they are concerned about, while giving the trolls a piece of their own medicine. Which is actually how many of the best devs handle this.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Well, I do still think this could be handled with just giving a short summary and THEN show how the characters' thinking has evolved, but I DO understand and accept your reasoning.
TBH I love the scenes. Legacy's dry dark sense of humour really shines through on them, especially in how patronizing he is to the human cast. The game would be way less funny without Legacy's Vault-Tec style power points imo.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018

BTW, absolutely agree with you on how you deal with unreasonable attacks. Many devs either can't deal with ANY criticism at all and just ignore it or insult the critics, or they get really hurt by people who are unfairly going at them.
You do it the right way, which is something I've seen a few times from you by now, you deal rationally with people who make points they are concerned about, while giving the trolls a piece of their own medicine. Which is actually how many of the best devs handle this.
Fair enough! Hopefully you enjoy the rest of the game, though. :)

In terms of thread management, I don't want to have to ridicule people or report off-topic comments - I'd rather everything go smoothly here. I think this is overall one of the best and most reasonable/respectful threads on the forum (I'm very biased TBF), so if someone shows up looking to go full idiot-mode here... I'm going to call them out (and mock them) with no remorse. :p I think that if people could just say whatever they wanted here without being called out, reported, etc., this thread would just devolve into "wHeRe is NtR c0nTEnt", political shit, etc. Even if I come off looking overly strict or like I'm mocking people for fun (which, tbf, countertrolling can be fun), it's better than the alternative of good feedback and reasonable discussions being drowned out by off-topic BS.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017

Why would you skip Legacy's powerpoint presentations? He is your friend, remember? Maybe he should have insisted on that particular point after all :BootyTime:

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Short answer: No, Maria is the main LI and is mandatory.

Long answer: So if a woman who's falling in love with you doesn't immediately want to share you with other women, they're pathetic and insecure? SMH. Jealousy is a normal reaction in her situation. I try to write the characters in a reasonable and realistic way, which means they have flaws, make mistakes, etc. If you're looking for a game where the main LI throws you at other women because they're a cuckquean whose sole goal in life is to get the MC laid with every woman in the world, this definitely isn't that game. :p
assuming the other LI for MC is emilia...for now at least there np other girl that i'm aware of...so is this the harem tagpop up during a choice? if yes and onlky emilia would be better tag 3some..if it exist. i'm a bit disappointed by this update..was pretty boring and not fun at all...hope some action (and more sex come in the future updates...how many chapter do you planned?thanks

4.30 star(s) 123 Votes