4.30 star(s) 123 Votes

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
This game is perfect for getting away from all weird kinks this site offers and jump into good ol' romance for once.
It also taught me that romance is probably the hardest kind of story to write.
It is easy to implement fast corruption, it is however very hard to create a slow but effective build-up.
Hopefully that means you think I did it well? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Trash_Panda

Luka169

Jul 17, 2021
I really hate waiting for games to finish. So I rarely try ongoing games. But the art and description really makes me wanna try this one out.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I wish he'd make another one. I wanna see an older and "wiser" Ace Ventura. It'd be fun.

Things I learned in this movie:

1.) Silver Surfer is the best narrator ever.

2.) This might be fantasy, but it's REALLY science fiction. Mind blown.
I'd be so down for a Ace Ventura 3....

Also yes, Legacy should narrate life more often.

Jan 21, 2020
I really hate waiting for games to finish. So I rarely try ongoing games. But the art and description really makes me wanna try this one out.
The Dev comes out with reasonably sized updates every two months. I usually wait till games are finished as well but this one is good if you like slower, story-focused games. If you're looking for a quick fap or EVERY update to be crazy, over the top, or action (or sexy time) packed then you'll be disappointed.

But if you like wholesome romance, good renders, good writing, and a character focused narrative with fantasy and scifi elements then give it a whirl. I'd say it's worth the wait between updates.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
I don't want to spoil things, but it's supposed to feel like everything is going fine right now. In fact, the next chapter (Chapter 14) is called "All's Quiet" and the one after is called "Revelations". I can see why there doesn't seem to be much narrative tension right now, but that's intentional at this point. I do have a fair number of twists planned in the next few chapters that I don't want to spoil, but hopefully you can take my word for it. :) Good feedback that I should keep more narrative tension in the future, so I'll do that.

Also, re the duel - the fact that there are no consequences now doesn't mean that there's no consequences when they return. The Church tried the shock-and-awe and somewhat-sneaky approaches already and they failed. Just because the characters are away from the island and can't see the plots unfolding against them doesn't mean that they aren't happening. I can promise that they will not have an easy go of it when they return, or even in the next few chapters.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh worry not, I had more than a sneaking suspicion that trouble was brewing. It's just that one tiny line of dialogue or narration can easily set a tone, tension. There has already been good use of foreshadowing (one might say too explicit even at times) yet somehow there lacked a bit of it to showcase that some might not have liked what happened during that duel, for instance.

A line about "hushed voices" and "sideways glances towards me". Or upon leaving, a line seeing the High Ecclesiarch talking to some nobles, gazing in your direction visibly displeased. Or even while they're away, a discussion about their worries on what the other nobles will now react, potentially setting red herrings. Just a tiny something to let players realise "the battle has been won, but the war is now well set in motion".

And so that players don't feel like there are no consequences to be feared (in a "eh, if push comes to shove, they could simply relocate to the Southlands, Legacy is a cheat code anyway" kinda way), remind them that their enemies can strike them where it hurts. After all, that looming "war" will not just affect the trio. Others will suffer too, making escaping not quite as good an option anymore. Few tropes are as effective as the good ol' "Kick the Puppy". I mention this because there are few remaining ties between the trio and the island.

On that note, I'll be looking forward to reading more of that story.

Griffihn

Aug 20, 2022
Oh worry not, I had more than a sneaking suspicion that trouble was brewing. It's just that one tiny line of dialogue or narration can easily set a tone, tension. There has already been good use of foreshadowing (one might say too explicit even at times) yet somehow there lacked a bit of it to showcase that some might not have liked what happened during that duel, for instance.

A line about "hushed voices" and "sideways glances towards me". Or upon leaving, a line seeing the High Ecclesiarch talking to some nobles, gazing in your direction visibly displeased. Or even while they're away, a discussion about their worries on what the other nobles will now react, potentially setting red herrings. Just a tiny something to let players realise "the battle has been won, but the war is now well set in motion".

And so that players don't feel like there are no consequences to be feared (in a "eh, if push comes to shove, they could simply relocate to the Southlands, Legacy is a cheat code anyway" kinda way), remind them that their enemies can strike them where it hurts. After all, that looming "war" will not just affect the trio. Others will suffer too, making escaping not quite as good an option anymore. Few tropes are as effective as the good ol' "Kick the Puppy". I mention this because there are few remaining ties between the trio and the island.
i think it more plausible not to give any sort of warning, except for scenes where the MC is nowhere near, that a storm is brewing. i mean, think about it: you've basically given a caveman a proper nuke. and you expect said caveman not to annihilate everyone the second they give him a dirty look? i don't know what utopic society you live in but humans tend to be very stupid, especially when given overwhelming power. do remember, power corrupts! absolute power corrupts absolutely! and legacy is as close as you can get to absolute power even in our times, let alone theirs. if anything, not having the actual plotting/planning seen by the MC is more in line with how humans act/react in those situations and, believe it or not, makes the story more believable/relatable.

Reactions: Solak

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
i think it more plausible not to give any sort of warning, except for scenes where the MC is nowhere near, that a storm is brewing. i mean, think about it: you've basically given a caveman a proper nuke. and you expect said caveman not to annihilate everyone the second they give him a dirty look? i don't know what utopic society you live in but humans tend to be very stupid, especially when given overwhelming power. do remember, power corrupts! absolute power corrupts absolutely! and legacy is as close as you can get to absolute power even in our times, let alone theirs. if anything, not having the actual plotting/planning seen by the MC is more in line with how humans act/react in those situations and, believe it or not, makes the story more believable/relatable.
Oh I agree, that's why I mostly gave narration examples. It'd be directed at the player, not the MC. Obviously the hunter hermit isn't going to know to interpret all social cues or know to look for them. Legacy does help with that, but he can't help with what the MC doesn't think to look for. That's why the grumpy ecclesiarch colluding agains tthem behind their back as they're walking away would give the players a hint of troubles to come without alerting the MC himself. Discussions while in the Southlands would also be speculation, reminding players that the problem hasn't been solved at all. Worse, lack of information (good job, caveman) will pretty much mean they'll return to terra incognita once their trip is over. Danger could lurk in every corner. Leaving in such a hurry was folly and left them with their backs wide open.

In that sense, we are 100% on the same page. Lack of information creates narrative tension and a believable story as well as character cast. Mistakes have been made, consequences will follow and lessons will have to be learned. Characters will have to develop. The world will evolve. This all creates an organic story, an enjoyable one. But there does need to be something or it could feel like it's coming out of left field.

Think Chaos of Final Fantasy. You're at the endgame and surprise! The true big bad is actually this entity called Chaos that you'd never even heard of! Contrast this to Sephiroth, a big bad you see precious few times but each time has a certain impact and the rest of the time, you hear about what he's done, his threat is constantly looming over your heads. That makes him far more menacing. There's a reason why he's far more beloved than Chaos. So far, the church is following in Sephiroth's footsteps, which is good. But most of the stuff they've done was in the past so far. It's more of a dormant threat. It's high time players realised that is a frightfully wrong misconception, one that despite the "absolute" power of Legacy, may cost MC dearly.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Oh I agree, that's why I mostly gave narration examples. It'd be directed at the player, not the MC. Obviously the hunter hermit isn't going to know to interpret all social cues or know to look for them. Legacy does help with that, but he can't help with what the MC doesn't think to look for. That's why the grumpy ecclesiarch colluding agains tthem behind their back as they're walking away would give the players a hint of troubles to come without alerting the MC himself. Discussions while in the Southlands would also be speculation, reminding players that the problem hasn't been solved at all. Worse, lack of information (good job, caveman) will pretty much mean they'll return to terra incognita once their trip is over. Danger could lurk in every corner. Leaving in such a hurry was folly and left them with their backs wide open.

In that sense, we are 100% on the same page. Lack of information creates narrative tension and a believable story as well as character cast. Mistakes have been made, consequences will follow and lessons will have to be learned. Characters will have to develop. The world will evolve. This all creates an organic story, an enjoyable one. But there does need to be something or it could feel like it's coming out of left field.

Think Chaos of Final Fantasy. You're at the endgame and surprise! The true big bad is actually this entity called Chaos that you'd never even heard of! Contrast this to Sephiroth, a big bad you see precious few times but each time has a certain impact and the rest of the time, you hear about what he's done, his threat is constantly looming over your heads. That makes him far more menacing. There's a reason why he's far more beloved than Chaos. So far, the church is following in Sephiroth's footsteps, which is good. But most of the stuff they've done was in the past so far. It's more of a dormant threat. It's high time players realised that is a frightfully wrong misconception, one that despite the "absolute" power of Legacy, may cost MC dearly.
Indeed. Chapters 14 and 15 will be a reminder of that. :cool:

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
so... seeing planned harem tag and looking at "romance choices" in changelog, question - can you dump this "childhood best friend" in favor of other LI or you stuck with her no matter what?
tried playing this quite a while ago, and it was fine and hopeful, up until meeting with second girl (ex from nearby village or something?) where i stopped playing when this noble chick revealed to be pathetic insecure jealous possessive cunt (yeah, it's my descriptor for her, can't change my mind) and killed any desire to be in any close proximity of her, so i wonder if there other choices available down the road (like sticking to this ex from nearby village or something?)

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
so... seeing planned harem tag and looking at "romance choices" in changelog, question - can you dump this "childhood best friend" in favor of other LI or you stuck with her no matter what?
tried playing this quite a while ago, and it was fine and hopeful, up until meeting with second girl (ex from nearby village or something?) where i stopped playing when this noble chick revealed to be pathetic insecure jealous possessive cunt (yeah, it's my descriptor for her, can't change my mind) and killed any desire to be in any close proximity of her, so i wonder if there other choices available down the road (like sticking to this ex from nearby village or something?)
Short answer: No, Maria is the main LI and is mandatory.

Long answer: So if a woman who's falling in love with you doesn't immediately want to share you with other women, they're pathetic and insecure? SMH. Jealousy is a normal reaction in her situation. I try to write the characters in a reasonable and realistic way, which means they have flaws, make mistakes, etc. If you're looking for a game where the main LI throws you at other women because they're a cuckquean whose sole goal in life is to get the MC laid with every woman in the world, this definitely isn't that game. :p

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Well, I for one really enjoyed the update. Looking forward to some naughty handholding with Emily. Keep up the good work and tell the story you want to tell Pandaman.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Long answer: So if a woman who's falling in love with you doesn't immediately want to share you with other women, they're pathetic and insecure? SMH. Jealousy is a normal reaction in her situation. I try to write the characters in a reasonable and realistic way, which means they have flaws, make mistakes, etc. If you're looking for a game where the main LI throws you at other women because they're a cuckquean whose sole goal in life is to get the MC laid with every woman in the world, this definitely isn't that game. :p
did you even played you own game? how about you check this first meeting with a village girl sequence again before shoving your own words into my mouth, i don't see anything normal or realistic if bitch goes off the rails just from existence of other female in kilometer radius, what fucking cuckquean and sharing you talking about? MC says - "hi", chick - "HIS MINE DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM!", yeah, sure, realistic

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
did you even played you own game? how about you check this first meeting with a village girl sequence again before shoving your own words into my mouth, i don't see anything normal or realistic if bitch goes off the rails just from existence of other female in kilometer radius, what fucking cuckquean and sharing you talking about? MC says - "hi", chick - "HIS MINE DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM!", yeah, sure, realistic
definatly wouldnt say unrealistic some people are very clingy and do react like that probably exaggerated but what story dosnt exaggerate things

4.30 star(s) 123 Votes