4.30 star(s) 123 Votes

ARHunt

Dec 7, 2019
Sorry it's not for you! I'd like to ask you to come back and play through Chapter 5 when it's released and give it one more try if you can, since that's when you'll really start to understand the benign narrative entity and the decisions I've made up to that point with it. Everything I've done there is a very intentional decision, I promise.
Ohh thanks for this. Really love it, renders and story. I was about to complain about this disruptive benign entity. I was thinking that once or twice it is funny ( if that's the intent) but constantly like that is really annoying and breaknthe immersion. Overall love it tho.

sulimo04

Nov 14, 2019
soooo I guess old saves won't work?
EDIT: well loaded an earlier save and it worked, dunno why but saves near ch2 end cause error

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
soooo I guess old saves won't work?
EDIT: well loaded an earlier save and it worked, dunno why but saves near ch2 end cause error
If you're having weird save issues, it might be because you're using a save from the very first version of the game. If issues persist, just try restarting the game from the beginning (I know it's annoying, sorry, but you can just hold Ctrl until you get back to where you were?) and saving when you get to where you want. Save games are kinda-sorta compatible from the very first version I released forward, but they're definitely compatible from the last release forward through the foreseeable future.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
We really don't have enough of characters or relationships like the one with Maria. Cheeky partner in crime is better than the punk or by-the-book types.

The Daydreamer

Donor
May 13, 2018
Woh! This game is right up my alley! I had a great time playing, many thanks to the dev, Pandaman! (y)

The renders are gorgeous (thank you for all those outdoor renders! This is most welcome when we spend most of our time inside because of this neverending pandemic! o_O) but the writing is definitely what sold the game for me:
- The story: a tale filled with mystery, love and adventure... Feels like the setting of a classic coming of age fantasy novel for young adults where our protagonist embarks in the adventure of a lifetime (here, he'll be slightly older for obvious reasons but the sentiment remains).
- The characters: how not to fall for them? The MC is a great guy so I'm happy to put myself in his shoes and Maria, the childhood sweetheart is beautiful (both inside and outside). The dev took the time to do some in-depth characterization for the both of them so we can understand where they are coming from and share their feelings. Also, I really like the dynamic in the group. I can't wait to make the acquaintance of other characters.
- The tone: this level of wholesomeness might be too sweet for some but I love it. Handholding and hugs for the win! :p
- The dialogues: the characters feel alive thanks to them and they make sense in this setting. Often cute and funny, my jaw was hurting for constantly smiling like an idiot! :oops: Maybe once or twice, the characters were over-explaining their feelings and it felt like it was more directed to the audience than their partner (not every little thing needs to be said out loud but then again, being overly chatty is part of Maria's personality so it doesn't feel too unnatural either).
- The pacing: both the story and the relationships advance at a steady pace. No lewd with so much gameplay is unusual but I'm perfectly fine with it. In fact, I'm often annoyed when devs put naughty bits in their first releases just for the sake of having adult content. So kudos to the dev, I'm sure the build-up will make it all worthwhile (at least a lot more than some random voyeur scene or dream sequence).
- The overall quality: I don't remember spotting even one typo. A few mistakes here and there aren't the end of the world, especially in a WIP but putting so much care in the writing is greatly appreciated. Sometimes a trivial error is enough to disrupt the flow and thus puts a dent in the immersion.

The only thing that bothered me on the writing part was the benign entity that came here and there to break the immersion. The writing was great with a different style but it still annoyed me a lot... Especially since I first thought that the writer was breaking the fourth wall to spoil things a bit. Between the introduction, the entity's ominous warnings, the title and the setting, I first thought that the game was set in the future where humanity would have paid a heavy price for their power. But with each interruption, it feels like the entity is part of the plot instead of the dev playing the omniscient narrator. Therefore, my "realistic" take on the plot seems completely wrong if fantastic elements are being added to the story with the mysticism around the entity. And I'm happy to be mistaken cause it would have annoyed me if the entity ended up spoiling things instead of letting me enjoy the story...^^

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After one playthrough, the game is at the top of my most anticipated adult VN so I guess I'll have one more artist to support starting next month! :giggle:

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The only thing that bothered me on the writing part was the benign entity that came here and there to break the immersion. The writing was great with a different style but it still annoyed me a lot... Especially since I first thought that the writer was breaking the fourth wall to spoil things a bit. Between the introduction, the entity's ominous warnings, the title and the setting, I first thought that the game was set in the future where humanity would have paid a heavy price for their power. But with each interruption, it feels like the entity is part of the plot instead of the dev playing the omniscient narrator. Therefore, my "realistic" take on the plot seems completely wrong if fantastic elements are being added to the story with the mysticism around the entity. And I'm happy to be mistaken cause it would have annoyed me if the entity ended up spoiling things instead of letting me enjoy the story...^^
I think ur realistic take on is right, just that the technologie was more advanced, before their fall.
As for the the 'thing' at the end, could be the longterm result from atomar/biological warfare, from the things the entity said, it seems that the fall of his creators was long ago.

As for the entity.
If i had to guess, i'd say this entity is some form of AI, IIRC it said somethings like ''my integration process is nearly completed''.
So i'd guess some sort of implantant which contains this AI, or more likely some kind of link/transmitter, which connects to the AI, so the entity could be located wherever, maybe a space station, the moon who knows.
It has likely archivs of the old civ, probably has access to a remaining satellit network, so it could watch/learn from his creators and everything which happend since than.
So the omniscient view makes sense, as well his lamenting about human nature, he has learned the history of it's creators, watched their downfall and continues to watch since than.

Reactions: The Daydreamer

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I love reading these fan theories, it's a lot of fun. :D I will say this - when I told my fiancee the plot of Act I/most of Act II, she was very surprised. We've barely even started with the story, TBH - this is pretty much a prologue compared to what's coming up.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Just finished the update ; I really had a great time playing.
MC and Maria are so cute together, I want to pinch their cheeks even though they are unholy :D

Great mystery, this can spawn so many fan-theories ; can't wait to read them and can't wait for next update.

My take on the "thing" we saw at the end ; I'll use my own experience as a cornerstone and say it's a local that was not getting enough sleep and was woke up by a cat or the herborist. And now it's hunting the cat/herborist with a shoe (or a broom) in his hand (it's night we can't be sure) and anger in his heart.

And for the benign entity, pretty sure it's an IA but very curious to see the connection between it and MC ; and also if we're on a Al-type or EDI-type of IA :D

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

I will say this - when I told my fiancee the plot of Act I/most of Act II, she was very surprised.
So the matrix and aliens are out :LOL:
Thought, the entity reminds me of how a novel i once read started, i think 'The Tale of G.O.D'.

Either way i'm more than a little curious where u will lead us and maybe we will even see some lewd head patting :giggle: the next chapter.
But seriously, really good work so far, be it the visuals, the writing and especially the characters, i even like the music (which is rare). If Emilia is as good writen as Maria, i think there is no way i can stay monogamous, she even has the advantage of being a redhead...and being alone for a year in this place, after being accused of witchcraft, she clearly needs some hugs and head patting.

Reactions: The Daydreamer

The Daydreamer

Donor
May 13, 2018
If Emilia is as good writen as Maria, i think there is no way i can stay monogamous, she even has the advantage of being a redhead...
I am in the same predicament, redheads are ma kryptonite, sorry Maria! :oops:

Her future addition in the group should bring a new interesting dynamic. A jealous Maria who's gonna step up her game in order to keep Emilia away from the MC? ^^

Reactions: Raziel_8

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Jumping on the speculations bandwagon.
My (probably misplaced, but still) bets are on multiple apocalyptic events with the "totally benign entity" some form of Ai left from our time. It did talk about cycles of expansion and collapse. The ruins we found are just that ruins of the last civilization, that grew up, found some forgotten military tech and blew itself up, since you just don't give nukes to medieval people.
Would explain some curiosities I had. Like, how do nobles suddenly become a thing after a modern civilization collapse.
For now I'm leaning on Clarke's Third Law - any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. So the monster at the end... I'd say a mutant, be it from radiation, chemical leaks or genetic meddling gone wrong at the end of our civilization.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I am in the same predicament, redheads are ma kryptonite, sorry Maria! :oops:

Her future addition in the group should bring a new interesting dynamic. A jealous Maria who's gonna step up her game in order to keep Emilia away from the MC? ^^
Maria? Jealous and possessive? Pft...As if...

• Haha
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
I LOVE THIS GAME I HAVE TO SAY IT I LOVE THIS GAME !
Seriously Maria is gorgeous, one of the msot beautifull character of this platform's game. And without make it exagerate or irrealist. Art are good, story so far well we don't have many but the psychology dvlp and interactions are greats ! I love hating this fucking narrator too !

Only default for me so far, the MC seems for me a bit plain comparativly to Maria. he have a personnality, a story and a psychology, you feel it, but it's not really developed, so your not this into the growing romance between the too because of it. And physically is plain too. The Uncle who had much less screen timee is already more unique physically and emotionnaly than the MC, more defined, less plain

Will follow this game hard
An't really support it because of my financial situation, but definnitly high in my list of potential supports game when i can make it

Last edited:

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Pandaman Games thank you for your great work, I love this game. Can I ask something, do you considering just a medieval world or a fantesy world with mystic creatures, wizards, demons etc? I know it says medieval-era in the description but dialogs between chracters felt like you will integrate fantasy elements in some point in the game or just mock people for their supersitions :ROFLMAO:. And I assume the "Bening narrative entry - cant remember exact name" is the power we pay the price for like some sort of magical relic or something?

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I like this VN. There is a nice balance of romance and humor. But I kind of don't understand one thing.
Maria is a girl from a noble family, MC is the son of a hunter.
How did they happen to be best friends in childhood and early teenage years?
I mean, noble families usually don't let their children spend a lot of time with "ordinary folks".
I understand that not everything in this VN is intended to be 100% realistic but this is a bit in contrast to the moments where Maria talks about how she is bound by many rules and the expectations of others.
Don't take it as criticism. I really like this VN. I'm just curious.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I like this VN. There is a nice balance of romance and humor. But I kind of don't understand one thing.
Maria is a girl from a noble family, MC is the son of a hunter.
How did they happen to be best friends in childhood and early teenage years?
I mean, noble families usually don't let their children spend a lot of time with "ordinary folks".
I understand that not everything in this VN is intended to be 100% realistic but this is a bit in contrast to the moments where Maria talks about how she is bound by many rules and the expectations of others.
Don't take it as criticism. I really like this VN. I'm just curious.
A very good question which will be answered very soon. :)

4.30 star(s) 123 Votes