4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

Jojopo

May 28, 2021
That's the problem. An AI is not a person, so should not have a real personality. Think about good depictions in movies of what a sentient AI could be: HAL9000 ("2001"), Ash (Alien), Skynet and Terminator (Terminator I and II)... For example, they don´t talk as human beings, but in a way more eficiente way: always straight to the point, not a single superfluous word, not using idioms or swearing or changing of subject at the middle of a phrase... Minimal display of emotions... The behavior always focused in his program, mission, quest, interest, hidden agenda... "Legacy" looks more like KITT from "Knight Ryder", a buddy for the MC, but that was a TV show for kids, and you are not doing a product for kids...
tenor.gif

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
That's the problem. An AI is not a person, so should not have a real personality. Think about good depictions in movies of what a sentient AI could be: HAL9000 ("2001"), Ash (Alien), Skynet and Terminator (Terminator I and II)... For example, they don´t talk as human beings, but in a way more eficiente way: always straight to the point, not a single superfluous word, not using idioms or swearing or changing of subject at the middle of a phrase... Minimal display of emotions... The behavior always focused in his program, mission, quest, interest, hidden agenda... "Legacy" looks more like KITT from "Knight Ryder", a buddy for the MC, but that was a TV show for kids, and you are not doing a product for kids...
That's a pretty narrow point of view for such a wide concept as artificial intelligence.

Reactions: Jojopo

Jul 21, 2021
Sorry, I´m tired of this debate since it´s mostly the fans of this game attacking me. I´m a fan of this game myself, I like it a lot, but I think there are things that can be criticized.

An AI is something that already exists in real world, and something that you can imagine the way will develop in the future and that has been depicted several times in an excellent way in classic movies or novels. If you want to write a character that is an AI, there are rules if you want it look plausible and not a childish character. A demon, ghost or djinn is something that doesn´t exists (as far as I know), so there are no rules. Writers can make them the way they want. That's why I think it would have been a better idea to make "Legacy" a djinn and not an AI.

Anyway, I think the character of "Legacy" blending into the body and mind of the MC and obviously changing him, is a mistake in a story like this one for the several reasons I have already expressed in previous comments. That's all I´m going to say. I´m not going to write my previous comments again.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Sorry, I´m tired of this debate since it´s mostly the fans of this game attacking me.
Sometimes I do wonder if people actually read other people's arguments instead of just ruling them out as a personal attack lmao

If an AI achieved conscience, it will be fair to assume that it also has a personality and a self identification.
is a real field in AI development. So, "Why would?", "Should not" are not a scientific based expressions. If something in our realm of reality can be theorized, calculated or mathematically deduced, than that's a REAL possibility.

Sure, Artificial Consc. is different than Human Consciousness, but if an AI decides it want's to replicate a 100% accurate of a human mind and it has the necessary power to do so (it's motivation is irrelevant), than mathematically speaking:
if A is 100% of B, than A = B, therefore indistinguishable form each other, therefore the same thing (or at leas one of the true variants)

EDIT:
I think you can even apply a Ship of Theseus philosophy to this , if the identity transfer meets the requirements.
"Oh look this guy has a pretty decent argument that puts into question the logic of what I recently just said, let me just say I'm tired of this debate because this is a personal attack and I'm going to call a superintelligent AI that has attained self consciousness a djinn or a spirit because I personally believe AI aren't supposed to be like that"

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
It's an AI. Means Artificial Intelligence which is from a very distant future of a very advanced but collapsed civilization.
AIS today can pretty much do most of the complex things. Who says in distance future it can't replicate human emotions? It's not that hard to comprehend.
We have plenty of AIs that is has the personality of Brie Larson. So a AI with emotion is refreshing.

Last edited:

Jul 21, 2021
Oh geez Sekunda ... I will post the "LEGACY Ultra 12 inch" fanart too. :Kappa: Please, a little patience!
View attachment 1321481
I was not talking about you when I said that fans of this game where attacking me, but about people giving "facepalm" and saying that I´m wrong but not giving any reasoning why I´m wrong. Maybe they think they are doing some kind of favor to the dev of the game, but they are just chasing people away from this thread, and that's not good for the promotion of the game.

Anyway, you don´t have to feel hurt and get defensive using sarcasm. And sorry, but I´m not interested in fanarts. The art of this game is good enough to me. Bodies and faces are realistic, and that's a great thing and a novelty in this kind of games. I don't need fanarts with huge boobs and butts and tiny waists, or "ultra 12 inch".

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Let's keep it chill and civil, everyone. Sekuunda doesn't like a choice I'm making, which is fine. I disagree with their logic, and others do as well, but it's not worth discussing when both sides are entrenched. Legacy is an AI with as much of a personality as a regular person. That's it, end of discussion. He's not a djinn or other fantasy creature. For the record, he's specifically not going to be altering the MC's brain, thought patterns, etc. The closest thing he does to that is manifesting himself so the MC can see him, but that's not changing how the MC thinks or anything, just adding a friendly, benign narrative entity into the picture.

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Mixing genres is always a tricky business, especially medieval fantasy and sci-fi, or dystopian for that matter. Some are ok with it, and some are less. Controversy always sparks when people are presented with something new. I am in support of sci-fantasy or mixing in general. Artforms shouldn't be limited by genre, otherwise no original ideas will be able to take shape.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
I just finished the last update. Typically I'd do a review at this point but I'm going to wait. It took forever to see where this story was going...and I'm still not sure.

I'll probably wait until it's completed (or near completion) before doing a review.

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I just finished the last update. Typically I'd do a review at this point but I'm going to wait. It took forever to see where this story was going...and I'm still not sure.

I'll probably wait until it's completed (or near completion) before doing a review.
I'll give you $5 if you can figure out where the plot is going even after Chapter 10. :ROFLMAO: That's not to say it's just random shit all pulled together, to be clear, just that I think the plot twists are going to surprise pretty much everyone. This world has a lot of secrets hidden away...

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes