4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Will there be any sexy scenes with the banished redhead ?
Yes, if you pick the appropriate romance path.

This game is so fucking good I cant even believe it!
Thank you! :D Always good to hear that someone enjoys the game.

Since this game is set in a medieval period, is the some sort of rpg/combat gameplay in this?
Unfortunately not. I just don't have the time to build out a full combat system on top of everything else. It would have been cool and it was actually something I really wanted to do, but it takes a lot of work to do it right. I decided to focus on story and renders instead of adding additional stuff, so the combat system got cut. :cry:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Unfortunately not. I just don't have the time to build out a full combat system on top of everything else.
Just speaking for myself, I kind of prefer it that way. Most combat systems in games like this wind up being awkward at best or outright annoying at worst, and they feel more like an unwanted roadblock between story/sex scenes rather than something I actually want to engage with. It's pretty much unavoidable when you're dealing with small (or solo) dev teams working on games in engines not really designed for combat physics/mechanics in general.

It's the same problem with mini-games in a way - if they're too hard or too common they start to feel more frustrating than fun, too easy and they just feel like pointless filler. So it feels more like devs include them to pad the game out or because they feel like they're expected, not because they actually add anything especially worthwhile to the game.

I'd much rather good VN devs just focus on awesome stories with dynamic choices, where engaging characters do interesting things. There's plenty of other games out there already if I just want to hit things.

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
Unfortunately not. I just don't have the time to build out a full combat system on top of everything else. It would have been cool and it was actually something I really wanted to do, but it takes a lot of work to do it right. I decided to focus on story and renders instead of adding additional stuff, so the combat system got cut. :cry:
No problem, I just wanted to know this before starting the game

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Just speaking for myself, I kind of prefer it that way. Most combat systems in games like this wind up being awkward at best or outright annoying at worst, and they feel more like an unwanted roadblock between story/sex scenes rather than something I actually want to engage with. It's pretty much unavoidable when you're dealing with small (or solo) dev teams working on games in engines not really designed for combat physics/mechanics in general.

It's the same problem with mini-games in a way - if they're too hard or too common they start to feel more frustrating than fun, too easy and they just feel like pointless filler. So it feels more like devs include them to pad the game out or because they feel like they're expected, not because they actually add anything especially worthwhile to the game.

I'd much rather good VN devs just focus on awesome stories with dynamic choices, where engaging characters do interesting things. There's plenty of other games out there already if I just want to hit things.
Exactly. If I was going to do a combat system, it needed to feel like it really added something to the game. If it's just something you have to do, then it's not fun at all. I just don't have the time or Renpy skills to make a really engaging combat system that would truly make PoP better with it than without it. So I focus on the story and narrate the fights, which is much better than creating a QTE minigame where you have to press five keys so you can hit/dodge something. :LOL:

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Hey all - important news here. In short, I'll be delaying the Steam release until January 21st. I want to make sure that Chapter 8 is included among other reasons. You can read the full announcement here:

Game development itself isn't being delayed or put on hold in any way, I just want to make sure that the Steam release has as much high-quality content as possible.

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
Alas! I'm curious - what part of that didn't you like? Always curious to know what works and doesn't work for people.
Sure.

Let me first tell you what I really enjoyed. I was really enjoying the medieval setting with an adventure, little bit of fantasy. The sweet re-connection of two people after a long time, sharing their difficulties while separated and finding comfort sharing that with each other. Also, for me the power was with the nobble women (Maria right?) and the price she and possibly they will have to pay for loving and perhaps marrying each other.

Now, add the fucking annoying narrator who keeps interrupting at the worst times, usually stating the obvious. Then we get to the box and the story takes a much more modern even scifi turn. And then it is pretty clear that it is going to be another MC getting superpowers who will have to save the day story. At that point I broke and could not continue.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Sure.

Let me first tell you what I really enjoyed. I was really enjoying the medieval setting with an adventure, little bit of fantasy. The sweet re-connection of two people after a long time, sharing their difficulties while separated and finding comfort sharing that with each other. Also, for me the power was with the nobble women (Maria right?) and the price she and possibly they will have to pay for loving and perhaps marrying each other.

Now, add the fucking annoying narrator who keeps interrupting at the worst times, usually stating the obvious. Then we get to the box and the story takes a much more modern even scifi turn. And then it is pretty clear that it is going to be another MC getting superpowers who will have to save the day story. At that point I broke and could not continue.
Hmmm, makes sense. I can see why you would think that. That's not really what happens or what's going to happen, but I can see how you'd connect that all. If you'd played through that, you'd have figured out who/what the narrator is, what's going on with them, and I think you would have understood what I was going for there. But alas. :)

gabrixp1

Oct 12, 2019
Dammnn, pretty good game. The concept of tech regression is really cool, it reminded me a bit of Prince of Thorns. Overall 9/10.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes