EHommel

Aug 14, 2018
This game is too fucking wordy. Nobody talks in novels.
Depends on the novel, and the focus. We could discuss if its still a novel by this length. But everything else is a thing for the focus of the writer. Also if we would remove the talking here, it would then just be random things happen at random and we would could not even guess why anyone does anything here.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
To be totally (in fact, probably unjustly) fair to the guy: I don't think he means that "in novels, people don't speak", but rather: "people don't speak in novel-length conversations". But I think the only times any character is "speaking" for any long period of time, it's internal monologue... or Legacy... and Legacy 100% speaks in novels.

To be clear, still think that guy is wrong... just make sure you're calling people out for being wrong in the right way.

Also, what he said is definitely readable the way everyone else seems to be reading it... So it's kinda his fault.

danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020
I went ahead and updated the WT mod to Chapter 24. You probably don't need it, but here it is anyway, enjoy!

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
the file missing, pls update it cheers

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This game is too fucking wordy. Nobody talks in novels.
There are hot takes and there are not takes. What message is this even conveying? Do you even know what you are saying? Advocating for brevity in dialogue is one thing, but practicing it to the point that what you propose is unclear tastes of a wicked irony.

e6mill

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2022
There are hot takes and there are not takes. What message is this even conveying? Do you even know what you are saying? Advocating for brevity in dialogue is one thing, but practicing it to the point that what you propose is unclear tastes of a wicked irony.
You were expecting a long manifesto on his (bad IMO) take that people talk too much? :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: TigerWolfe

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Do you get any real choices? The haha pick the option you have to each time is getting old fast, is this actually a kinetic novel?

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Do you get any real choices? The haha pick the option you have to each time is getting old fast, is this actually a kinetic novel?
you get stats choices which are flavoring if you allow me and you get relation choice that are more relevant to the content you will get with the ladies. You won't get to shape every nook and cranny of the adventure though.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
game is mostly kinetic, other than the important choice(s) regarding to relationships the rest are mostly for flavor as other said. Can't say it's a fully kinetic novel since the players have a choice if they want to get involved with girls other than Maria.

4.20 star(s) 136 Votes