4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Well it is a pity and not at all unexpected. I actually agree with pretty much he said. Game is way better than some other crap I have seen making thousand of dollars.
The goal is $2000 to continue and currently is making $317 so I think is safe to assumed the project is dead. After all i doubt patreons will go up if progress is stopped.
I agree with everything you said here. Where did you get the $2000? I'm guessing from his discord channel? I haven't checked there yet today. Guess I better go take a look.

tgrogan21

Jun 5, 2017
Yeah, can't really blame Silk for not wanting to continue putting every minute of his free time in this when he's not making anything from it. Game hasn't gained traction which is crazy since it's one of the better ones, IMO.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I agree with everything you said here. Where did you get the $2000? I'm guessing from his discord channel? I haven't checked there yet today. Guess I better go take a look.
His first goal on patreon ($2000) has this legend written: "I'll start working on v.0.08 if we reach this goal. "

Reactions: DonkeyFace

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Sad, sad news....One of a few really promising games around here:(
The game hasn't gained traction for 2 reasons IMO.
- It's a slower paced story based game
- It's not based on any fetish
Super sad though, there are games that are worse in every way yet get a lot more funds.
I cant fully agree with that, there are few similar games with rookie devs having slow burn and "w/o fetishes", doing fine, although not that fine as some of those overrated games. Yet, that's luck and/or mix of not-so-good advertising, the lack of aggressive bots/spammers etc... A few things those overrated and not-so-good games have in common.
Perhaps he went too ambitiously into this whole project and overburnt himself...Perhaps this game would rise to 500+ patrons with just update or two more in the scheduled time...
Just one thing is for sure - damn shame if this project goes abandon-road:(

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Just one thing is for sure - damn shame if this project goes abandon-road
I think you should prepared for the worst and take it as it is. Project is dead. To get to $2000 dollars he needs 7 times what he is making right now.

I honestly don't know the reason it did not do as good as (IMO) it should. I support two games that are both slow paced and have no specific kink: The Deluca Family and Rebirth. I don't know how much money DeLuca makes, but my guess from comments is between $2000 and $3000. Deluca is way more popular than Primal Instinct, so I doubt the next update have such a big impact that it reaches Deluca level of support. Rebirth right now is making a little less than a $1000.

If money allowed I would totally support this one too. I know I sound like a douchebag the way I am saying it. After all who am I to say what people should support. That is how economy works. But I cannot say it is not surprising to me when I see an original and good game like Primal Instinct having an end like this. I have seen totally trivial "let's fuck my family" crap getting a few thousand dollars with super small updates and pretty much no story (I won't mention name, but one of those is pretty popular). Meanwhile some other really good games, with real character development, interesting plot and great technical details like this getting very little support.

In the end I can give away another 5 dollars to Primal Instinct hopefully that it will reach $2000. But honestly, just for tastes I should give it first to Where it all begin or Summer's gone. I don't want to start giving money under logic of "it is the only way it will continue" instead of just following my tastes. It just seems wrong.

A real pity. This was in my top 10.

Last edited:

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
The fact that it’s not making at least half of what Where it All Began is a crying shame. For as much as Ocean gets lauded for his storytelling, Silk&Milk has been able to create characters that are even more interesting and his visuals are easily some of the best out there. Plus it helps that he actually gets his game out on a fairly regular schedule.

Real sad to see such a top tier game fall to the wayside.

NippyKindLangur

Apr 25, 2017
Sad to hear it, but I completely agree with their reasoning. It's a shame this game is doing so poorly, the quality of the renders and UI look so much better than most others.

Reactions: DonkeyFace

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
While it is a shame to see that this game is coming to a close, I can't say I'm too surprised. That fact that this project has been going on for as long as it has and only making around $300 just tells you all there is to say.

I think it's hard to pinpoint where exactly this game has gone wrong, but I do have my own opinion (and it's just an opinion)

I think one of the things that could've pushed this game down the path it has come is that the story has kinda backed itself into a corner in terms getting with the main girls. What do I mean by that? Some of the most beloved characters in this game aren't even able to physically interact with the MC. Take my personal favorite character Trish as an example. She wasn't really used throughout the first couple of updates but has managed to grow quite the fanbase, but there isn't going to be any physical interaction with MC, which is ultimately what most people wanna see.

I wanna see something between MC and Trish happen. I wanna see the same struggles that MC goes through with the cheating route. I wanna see Trish fight her feelings as a relationship starts between her and MC. I wanna see a relationship blossom with the writing that Silk can write up. I wanna see it, but that can't happen the story itself has made it to where the MC has to be in Thailand on his honeymoon. The fact that we have been limited to just having physical interactions with three girls out of six main girls (correct me if I'm wrong) says a lot in my opinion, because people can't see Trish, for example, build her relationship with the MC and, ultimately, get a lewd scene with them.

As someone who did at one point contribute to this project through Patreon, I can't stress enough how much it sucks to this project fall. However, like some others have implied, the market wants what the market wants. Unfortunately, the market doesn't want this game, but I think that game hindered itself from the get-go with it's story.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
^ I think those are good points, I'd add I think the story is a bit too ambitious, we're still technically in the prologue after 1.5 years. I also think that people are scared of NTR, even though the game doesn't have any, but it feels like NTR will happen with the wife to a lot of people.

Perhaps the patrons here can ask that if he doesn't complete this one, would he consider making a new game, with the same characters, but a simpler plot or a whole new game. They clearly have some talent, just bit off more than they can chew. I also think, perhaps incorrectly, that it's easier to get going now than it was a year ago. Most quality new games surpass 300 dollars pretty quickly, the new game hype gets going and it builds from there, but a game that is 1.5 years old simply didn't get that boost.

stanley tucci

Apr 2, 2018
It's a damn shame that one of the best adult VNs around hasn't gained the traction it really deserved to. I don't know where to assign blame, for want of a better word, but some things just get overlooked for whatever reason. I'm sure if people tried the game now, with the quality of characters, story, renders and amount of content then I'm sure there'd be a bump in Patreon support but probably not enough to reach the $2000 mark. I'd increase my own pledge amount but it'd be a drop in the ocean so I don't see much point.

All that said, I'd love to see these characters (especially Meghan) show up again somewhere down the road if Silk ever wants to tell another story.

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
My two cents of this discussion is I lost interest because of it taking too long to get to the characters i am interested in and none of the intrigue and mystery were captivating to me enough like everyone else seems to imply, so i am in the minority. I wasn't interested in the Wife or Mai. Spending time with characters i could care less for definitely made it difficult sit through, kept me rolling my eyes, wishing i could just choose my make my main character leave everyone and go back home. If there is any correlation with my dissapointment with this game and the patreon numbers being less than what they should. Maybe this post might answer some questions.

Last edited:

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
i would say it failed because the story is too slow paced and too many characters. They should have like 3,4 max then its easier to manage. The dev is over ambitious hence fail to pull the crowd

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
t's a damn shame that one of the best adult VNs around hasn't gained the traction it really deserved to.
It's a good looking game, but I can't honestly call it one of the best when there's other much higher quality games around. There's not too much to the story to hook you in.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
The story isn’t War and Peace, but for these kinds of games the dev did a pretty good job with the characters.

Reactions: Xumeey

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It's a good looking game, but I can't honestly call it one of the best when there's other much higher quality games around. There's not too much to the story to hook you in.
it is all matter of opinion...
and in my opinion there is not that many "much higher quality games" around here, even less if we are talking about potential/promise...for example those few you have as a sign/or support arent one of those imo...i would even say they could fall among the "popular" category, where many games are shallow, some even dumb...yet that is "what the people want", as politicians say it in my country ;)

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
In regards to Radiant yeah it doesn't really have any content yet. I'm not sure you could call WVM shallow though.

Primal had an intriguing start but then it stalled.

Jubz

Nov 17, 2017
Yes, it is one of the top, but here you have predetermined LI and if you want to fuck someone else - you will be punished.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Yes, it is one of the top, but here you have predetermined LI and if you want to fuck someone else - you will be punished.
Punished in what way? If you mean the game does a good job of giving you a guilty conscience if you take the cheating path, then I would agree with that.

Reactions: Xumeey
4.20 star(s) 45 Votes