4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

Jubz

Nov 17, 2017
Punished in what way? If you mean the game does a good job of giving you a guilty conscience if you take the cheating path, then I would agree with that.
You didn't choose "your" wife and you can't divorce. I don't see any harem vibe either. So, if you want to explore and fuck other girls you have to cheat on "your" wife, feel guilty and you will be cheated on too (avoidable, don't know how, tho).
So, the game have two routes for now: wife with irritating hosts and cheating with ntr punishment?
MC's passiveness don't help either.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
The notion of an NTR punishment is really just an assumption at this point.
Yes, it is just an assumption, and if included my even be avoidable, but that vibe is given from the beginning of the cheating path.
Then theire is Mom going on a date (yes, also avoidable, or can leave early).
Also there is how they are trying to change Alex. Maybe it is just to become more outgoing, but seemed they wanted her to become a slut.
Seeing what is happening with family and being stuck on honeymoon doesn't help.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Yes, it is just an assumption, and if included my even be avoidable, but that vibe is given from the beginning of the cheating path.
Then theire is Mom going on a date (yes, also avoidable, or can leave early).
Also there is how they are trying to change Alex. Maybe it is just to become more outgoing, but seemed they wanted her to become a slut.
Seeing what is happening with family and being stuck on honeymoon doesn't help.
The thing with the Mom on the date doesn’t feel like true NTR to me, because it outright morphs into the Mom fantasising about the MC. Likewise the stuff with Alex (and even Hannah) seems to be more guided towards turning the family towards fucking the MC. That whole element seems like it would have been much more incestual than anything.

That said, I do agree that being stuck on the honeymoon while this is going on and the general vagueness of the plot are legitimate hindrances to that have hurt this story. We haven’t even gotten into the meat and potatoes yet.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I heard in some other thread this game is getting abandoned?

Shame, the renders look great and the game looks like high quality in general. Like someone above me already mentioned: there doesnt seem to be that much games that surpass this one.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I think he needs a lot better marketing, mainly do a trade of with other high tier patron games to advertise each other.

Otherwise I don't see the game reaching that 2k mark. It isn't bad, just not in enough hands. Or with enough word of mouth.

Reactions: DonkeyFace

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I always felt weird about this game, i'm a big incest fan but was never really fired up about this one.
The whole mom/sis storyline felt forced, like a bait, like it's only purpose was to have that magical tag which would generate more traffic to this thread.
On the other hand we have the honeymoon with our newly wedded wife which is also kinda weird considering that we skipped the interesting part and all the work was done before the game even started.

Reactions: Rituf and Xumeey

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
What a shame! I like this game a lot but as others have said before it had some "faults" and was a bit slow. Another similar game that has great renders but not so great story is Desired Love. They are both slow and don't attract patreons. I will miss this game.

I hope the dev finds success in whatever he does next.

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
The game introduced a hot mom only to dump you in a vacation with an annoying wife, her stupid as fuck brother and some shitty asian hooker and her 'insert evil laughter here' russian pimp.
Did anybody actually like the two main women the game had you interact with?

albul

Jun 8, 2017
The game introduced a hot mom only to dump you in a vacation with an annoying wife, her stupid as fuck brother and some shitty asian hooker and her 'insert evil laughter here' russian pimp.
Did anybody actually like the two main women the game had you interact with?
As a matter a fact, yes, plenty of people liked the two main women, including myself. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean that everybody thinks the same as you. Patron polls also put the 2 main women in the top of the preferences, so it's pretty clear that they are the main draw to this game.

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
plenty of people liked the two main women, including myself. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean that everybody thinks the same as you. Patron polls also put the 2 main women in the top of the preferences, so it's pretty clear that they are the main draw to this game.
Given the Patreon situation, I remain skeptical.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
As a matter a fact, yes, plenty of people liked the two main women, including myself. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean that everybody thinks the same as you. Patron polls also put the 2 main women in the top of the preferences, so it's pretty clear that they are the main draw to this game.
Bez tytułu.png
He asked his patrons so it doesn't mean anything really. Those are the people who must have already liked them to begin with.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
He asked his patrons so it doesn't mean anything really.
Despite the fact that Sandra and Alex have been around since the beginning of the game, take a look at the comments in this thread and you will see that they are very popular.

Reactions: Draverik

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Despite the fact that Sandra and Alex have been around since the beginning of the game, take a look at the comments in this thread and you will see that they are very popular.
Not popular enough since the game is being abandoned from lack of endorsement. This is what happens when you ask the right people the right questions, or in this case, wrong people the wrong questions.

Reactions: Rituf

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Plenty of people here have commented that they found themselves feeling guilty about playing the adultery route because of how guilty they feel for the MC’s wife so it’s not like the character is massively hated.

The problem is that there’s not much else to the game right now. You just play happy couples on a honeymoon (or not) while the family element seems genuinely more interesting. What the Dev needs to do with this next update is basically hurry the fuck up and move on from what is essentially a long drawn out prologue and put the MC with the rest of the cast.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Plenty of people here have commented that they found themselves feeling guilty about playing the adultery route because of how guilty they feel for the MC’s wife so it’s not like the character is massively hated.

The problem is that there’s not much else to the game right now. You just play happy couples on a honeymoon (or not) while the family element seems genuinely more interesting. What the Dev needs to do with this next update is basically hurry the fuck up and move on from what is essentially a long drawn out prologue and put the MC with the rest of the cast.
Hit the nail right on the head, this game feels like a super long prologue.

And personally I cant care less about the wife, I just want to bang that mom.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I like the wife, but I’m there with you, the MC’s mom is the one I want to see more of.

And I genuinely think that the Dev can turn this thing around if he rethinks the story structure and pacing. We just need to get the fuck out of Thailand.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
My take on why this project has failed to gain traction.

I've seen opinions on why some people believe this project has failed, and I believe some are viable, but only to a certain degree.

1. Such as: Being to tied to a love interest with (so far) no ability to discard. (also a sense of guilt in cheating)
But I give you (WVM): A game with mass appeal for reasons that are a complete enigma to me. I would think the artwork alone in that game would have killed the project, but not so. Every single facial expression in that game (other than the ones where it looks like the women are under a deep spell of hypnosis) looks like it came straight out of a horror film. Even a simple smile is absolutely frightening. But I digress.
Anyway, WVM has a really annoying and moronic girlfriend that you can NOT get rid of. Who looks like an alien, or a deep sea organism of some kind, or at the very least a blowfish. And she thinks the MC is Gods gift to all of womankind and he has her blessing to fuck every single one of them, because he is so wonderful and the entire world needs to taste his goodness (beyond absurd). But maybe since she's not an obstacle, then she's not a problem, I guess.
Not trying to offend fans of that game, but at least try and see it through a more objective lens. I mean it's success has to be very baffling and discouraging for struggling game artists who are actually good at their craft. Sorry.

2. A lack of incest (or incestual contact still too far off in the story's future)
I give you: 2 great developers (off the top of my head) who are absolutely flourishing without any incest driving them. DrPinkCake and PhillyGames.

3. A slow moving Story
I give you: Another 2 games off the top of my head: (A Wife And Mother). Roughly 3 years in development and has to be the ultimate definition of slow burn. No sexual contact of any kind for the MC yet, except on a route that maybe 5 people are playing. This game is very successful (and I actually like it so, not flaming).
And (Dual Family): A very slow story and another one of those games with support levels that are a complete enigma to me. It's developer is a lazy, lying con-artist who hasn't even updated his game in over 2 years, and just keeps stringing along his supporters with lies upon lies and countless empty promises. Yet he maintains a substantially large group of seemingly brainwashed cultish supporters. Again, this is another case where, struggling, hard working developers just have to be completely disheartened and flabbergasted by what they are seeing transpire with this anomaly called "Dual Family"

IMO, the 2 biggest reasons for this game failing to gain traction are nailed by Abhai Here #1,254 . And that is; A lack of advertising. Silk never really put his game out there on the channels that tend to make other games really successful (even when they are bad, or never even update).
And by jamdan here #1,259 . And That is; a looming fear of NTR. Admittedly this game does give off a vibe of it potentially happening if you are on the Mei route. Now if you take that, and couple it with a large percentage of players not wanting to stay faithful to the wife because it's boring for them (even though she's lovable), then you have a serious problem. I've been active on this thread since the beginning, and I've noticed that some of this board's most notorious NTR loathers have not posted here in this thread for a very long time. They abandoned this ship a long time ago, and so I imagine many, many other less vocal ones have as well. Perhaps they are waiting in silence to see if silk can be trusted with that infamous 3 letter word. IDK.

I wish Silk would just hold on for a few more updates, to where the MC will be back home with his family, I think he'd start to see some giant growths in support level. While I don't think the lack of incest is one of the biggest underlying factors to the failure's of PI, I do think however, that it would certainly give this game a enormous boost in popularity.
With the unique attractiveness of said family members and Silk's ability to write realistic character interactions, I think he could deliver some really interesting and believable incest without the use of the typical, moronic, tropes we've all come to know.

tgrogan21

Jun 5, 2017
The dev's lack of engagement has hurt as well, IMO. Love the site or not, he hasn't logged on since February and hasn't taken the time on here to talk to folks and answer questions or concerns. His last post on his discord was around May 23rd (other than him posting the link to his last announcement) and he hasn't even responded to any of the comments on his patreon announcement. If you want to attract new supporters, you have to talk to and engage with people so they'll not only like your game but like you as a person. Still sucks to see a great game get abandoned.

4.20 star(s) 45 Votes