4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Bless your innocent heart. Sadly the game is being abandoned after v0.7
well, technically it is being put on hold after v0.7. But since the goal for continuance is rather unrealistic, I'll reluctantly admit that abandonment is a fair term. Yet the optimist in me is clinging to a small thread of hope that if he see's a decent enough surge in support after v0.7 that he'll decide to continue. But with that unrealistic ultimatum attached to it........Sigh.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
well, technically it is being put on hold after v0.7. But since the goal for continuance is rather unrealistic, I'll reluctantly admit that abandonment is a fair term. Yet the optimist in me is clinging to a small thread of hope that if he see's a decent enough surge in support after v0.7 that he'll decide to continue. But with that unrealistic ultimatum attached to it........Sigh.
I really hope I am wrong. But I think clinging to hope is a loss cause. Best thing we can do is assumed is dead. Maybe a few years later we find a copy of the game finished. But I would not count on it.

Besides, if said strategy worked: after update 0.7 he miraculously get to his 2000 dollar objective. Are we gonna start watching the 2000 line as a necessary amount for him to continue? "dude.. support is around 1972 dollars, what are we gonna do?" It really seems like an unhealthy mindset.

I honestly have no idea why the novel failed. I consider myself a fairly good judge of visual novels, but I can only truly judge things for finished products. With finished novels problems as a slow start, long prologue or not equally share time on heroines (some of the suggestion people made about why it failed) are irrelevant. When you have a full release, you can have all those and even use them to accomplish an overall better result. Developers may allow themselves time for a novel to become interesting, many times not knowing why you should even care. Take Fata Morgana for example, takes a few chapters to get on a high "I cannot stop reading" note, which never then slow down.
With partial releases developers need to get readers attached to it immediately or most projects fail. I really think Dev is very talented, and in a more standard production of games he could make a really fantastic one, when he is not constrained to keeping all those variables I mentioned with each release, allowing for more flexibility.

Honestly, at this point I kind of wished he had just canceled it altogether no "if"s whatsoever, just claiming real life issues and let us "move on". After all, for all my rationalizing that I should just stop caring at all about this novel, I will probably still play the next version and get even more sad that story will be left unfinished.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yes. This. Me as well. It's going to be a tough play through.
And Just watch. He's going to leave us with a major cliffhanger.
Sorry I was editing my comment. I further explained my feelings about it.

Well cliffhangers are always useful to keep the audience interested in what is coming. So kudos for that! But unless that cliffhanger is the secret of life itself, I don't see him multiplying his support by 7.

Last edited:

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I honestly have no idea why the novel failed. I consider myself a fairly good judge of visual novels, but I can only truly judge things for finished products. With finished novels problems as a slow start, long prologue or not equally share time on heroines (some of the suggestion people made about why it failed) are irrelevant. When you have a full release, you can have all those and even use them to accomplish an overall better result. Developers may allow themselves time for a novel to become interesting, many times not knowing why you should even care. Take Fata Morgana for example, takes a few chapters to get on a high "I cannot stop reading" note, which never then slow down.
With partial releases developers need to get readers attached to it immediately or most projects fail. I really think Dev is very talented, and in a more standard production of games he could make a really fantastic one, when he is not constrained to keeping all those variables I mentioned with each release, allowing for more flexibility.
I can't disagree with any of this. Very perceptive.

Reactions: Ayhsel

littleone

Jul 14, 2017
he makes this game plot overly complex

whats with all the dream and illusion , shouldve gone with something simpler

akenedy

May 3, 2017
I really hope I am wrong. But I think clinging to hope is a loss cause. Best thing we can do is assumed is dead. Maybe a few years later we find a copy of the game finished. But I would not count on it.

Besides, if said strategy worked: after update 0.7 he miraculously get to his 2000 dollar objective. Are we gonna start watching the 2000 line as a necessary amount for him to continue? "dude.. support is around 1972 dollars, what are we gonna do?" It really seems like an unhealthy mindset.

Honestly, at this point I kind of wished he had just canceled it altogether no "if"s whatsoever, just claiming real life issues and let us "move on". After all, for all my rationalizing that I should just stop caring at all about this novel, I will probably still play the next version and get even more sad that story will be left unfinished.
The game is dead. No way is he going to jump from 300 to 2000 in such a short time span. The game is high quality the writing and the renders but it didn't catch people's attention and interest, and if it didn't by now it won't in the coming months.

These things happen either by bad luck or just missing the right market. And unless the dev pulls a phenomenal advertising trick to draw attention to the game because just changing the content midway in the development isn't gonna help, it's over.

I think the dev went in with high expectations but didn't consider that this type of work is fickle and unpredictable. I know excellent painters and artists that work could be hanged in a museum but they work for petty pennies, but it's all about passion if your only for the money and feel that the time spent isn't worth it than dropping the project is the right choice.

Reactions: Ayhsel and Xumeey

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
Tbh I think if the mom/sister was also on this vacation and remove the evil storyline then it would've gained more traction.

A simpler story about a married man on vacation with temptations from a mysterious woman and his own sister/mother.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Tbh I think if the mom/sister was also on this vacation and remove the evil storyline then it would've gained more traction.

A simpler story about a married man on vacation with temptations from a mysterious woman and his own sister/mother.
So.. just write a totally different game with the same characters?

I love all the supernatural thing and suspense. That is what made me interested. Another silly story of guy banging his family, even if he is married, is something I can pass.

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
not really a surprise that a game made for more of a mature audience doesn't get that much love, since the games that get the most supporters are either sex fests where every female character can't wait to fuck the MC (ex: WVM) or games made for immature children that haven't really interacted with any women IRL (ex: all of MrDots games). games that actually have decent writing and try to get you emotionally invested in the story/characters are avoided like the plague (with few exceptions)

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
I LOVE this game. The renders, the story, the text, the models are unique.. everything about it is perfect! Hope the dev is having the support this game deserves. One of the best adult games ever so far. 10/10

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
I have to agree with the statement a few posts ago. Get rid of the supernatural elements, just have a straight temptation game, would have got him a lot more traction. You can be tempted by random girls without having some ghost in your head.

As I said earlier it was trying to do too much too soon

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
not really a surprise that a game made for more of a mature audience doesn't get that much love, since the games that get the most supporters are either sex fests where every female character can't wait to fuck the MC (ex: WVM) or games made for immature children that haven't really interacted with any women IRL (ex: all of MrDots games). games that actually have decent writing and try to get you emotionally invested in the story/characters are avoided like the plague (with few exceptions)
To be fair, sexual content is what most people are here for. In case you haven't noticed, it seems to be the central theme for this site. Not gonna lie. It's why I'm here right now. A little happy fun time before bed. Don't get me wrong. It's great finding those games that are very well written that aren't meant to be filled to brim with sexual content. That being said. Just because a game is a sex fest, does not mean it's completely devoid of good story telling.

I happen to enjoy the story WVM is telling. I also liked Melody and so far Sunshine Love is off to a good start. As for this game. I personally don't really care for the story. At the end of the day, to each their own.

Not trying to stir trouble by saying I don't like this game. Just saying what makes a story good or bad varies from person to person. And to show I'm not shit posting I will close by saying this.

It is unfortunate for the people who do enjoy this game that it's being canceled. I sincerely hope you find something that fills the void.

Reactions: Rituf and Draverik

memoriable

Jul 1, 2017
I would honestly donate the remainder of his patreon goal, as ~$1700 is not really a big deal provided his quality of work is maintained. However, I have two main concerns:

1. I don't like rewarding cash grabbing and that may or may not be what this would evolve into. (In other words, he would take the donation as validation of his flawed assumptions and simply raise the goal next month) Dude, you are at v0.06, It doesn't matter how gorgeous the renders are, you can't just assume you'll be able to make a livable wage immediately.

2. He sprung this change on everyone. I reviewed his past posts and he didn't indicate that this might be coming if the donations didn't increase, so the unpredictability is a worrisome factor for me that I do not like to see in anyone let alone a content creator.

It really is quite a pity, as I really love the WMAF dynamic and the direction the story could go.

I hear what some have said about him biting off more than he can chew, but I would still be willing to give him a shot to develop the story if he lowers his expectations to a reasonable per month figure going forward.

Thoughts?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I feel like i'm repeating myself far too many times on this which goes to show just how many delusional people get into adult games development.

The 1 and only thing you need to know when starting one of these games is you probably won't make a living doing it.

Those that earn enough to quit work and do it full time while making enough to live on are very few and far between. The majority of devs that pass through here are extremely lucky to earn 1k a month and that is the absolute most the majority will make.

Most will earn far less.

This isn't a career, it's a hobby at best. Even some of the more popular devs like Philly work full time and do this on the side because they know it's not a viable income source long term.

Sure there are those that bring in thousands a month but they are the exception not the rule. It doesn't matter how good your story is or how polished your renders are, if you haven't caught an audience then threatening to abandon your work if they don't start supporting isn't going to win you more, it's going to do the opposite.

The world is in shit state right now and the disposable income many people had months ago isn't there anymore. Most people are locked up at home on a fraction of their earnings hoping to keep a roof over their own heads and their own families fed. We're all worrying about the future and just how we're going to recover.

The simple fact is if you come into this expecting to make a living you are doing it wrong and setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you make any money at all you are luckier than most.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Well this sucks. There no fucking way a game is going from 300 a month to 2000 in 1 update. The quality of this game is top 10 material, but great works of art are rarely cash cows. His expectations were way too high from the get go.

I wish he would just cut back on the time he works on the game and just roll out slower or smaller updates. It's a shame really.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
2. He sprung this change on everyone. I reviewed his past posts and he didn't indicate that this might be coming if the donations didn't increase, so the unpredictability is a worrisome factor for me that I do not like to see in anyone let alone a content creator.
Not really, from dec 6:

Hope you've had the time to play the latest update, and I hope you enjoyed it?
I worked really hard on it. I'm sure there are things I could have done better. But that's the best I can do with what I have, and what I know.
I'm starting preliminary work on version 0.06, after I get that one out, I'm going to have to reassess what to do with this project. I know no one likes a dev that bitches, but this project just isn't get the traction I had hoped for. It's only since v.0.04 it's made enough to cover the electricity I burn on rendering.
I know those who love it, really love it! And others are left scratching their heads about what the hell is going on here.
The market likes what the market likes. Can't get mad at that.
I've been told I should open up a Discord channel. Don't know much about it really. But maybe that'll help? Hopefully I get it running soon.
Back to work I guess. Hope you all enjoy the weekend and thank you for the support everybody. I don't take it for granted!

Read this post give me a deep sadness, i don't want be annoying but if you liked this game and i know many liked it, don't let this guy waste his talent, he deserves to be supported. It would be devasting read the tag "abandoned" on this project. Keep the game alive guys.

memoriable

Jul 1, 2017
Not really, from dec 6:
Yes, you can definitely read between the lines for a couple posts he makes to guess what MIGHT happen. I meant an explicit post like "Hey, I'm going to slow this release timetable down." or "I am going to break the development into milestones contingent on funding." We've all seen this happen MANY times in the community. A goal 500% higher than your current base is not that, it is just slamming the brakes. It's his choice, but I like to see some concession made before virtually canceling the project. I don't think I've ever seen donations increase that much on a game while production is halted (please no one bring up DF, I am still bitter lol).

I'd like to do something for this dev, but first I want to get some feedback from the veterans in the community on what could be done better to promote the success of the project.

Is it just me or are his dono tiers a little low? Having only $30 as the highest tier doesn't speak to the quality of the project in my opinion.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Yes, you can definitely read between the lines for a couple posts he makes to guess what MIGHT happen. I meant an explicit post like "Hey, I'm going to slow this release timetable down." or "I am going to break the development into milestones contingent on funding." We've all seen this happen MANY times in the community. A goal 500% higher than your current base is not that, it is just slamming the brakes. It's his choice, but I like to see some concession made before virtually canceling the project. I don't think I've ever seen donations increase that much on a game while production is halted (please no one bring up DF, I am still bitter lol).

I'd like to do something for this dev, but first I want to get some feedback from the veterans in the community on what could be done better to promote the success of the project.

Is it just me or are his dono tiers a little low? Having only $30 as the highest tier doesn't speak to the quality of the project in my opinion.
Honestly, I think if the story gets to the point where the majority of the cast can actually feature into the game in a meaningful way then there’ll be a greater appeal.

What I think the Dev needs to do is show off the cast more, because his renders are top tier and these are some of the most beautiful looking characters on this site. A lot of these more successful games have a reasonable sized cast of women to show off and appeal to a greater audience. Right now the Dev is trying to sell this thing entirely off of Meaghan and Mei and to be honest that’s a bit too vanilla, people want options and variation.

4.20 star(s) 45 Votes