4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Newlyweds go to Thailand for a honeymoon and get caught up in vaguely supernatural hijinks that somehow connect to the MC’s family.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
can anyone tell me the plot of this game?
You have just opened a can of worms. Truth is we don't know! Story is in the prologue so what the hell is going on is to the reader to find out in later updates which will most likely not come to exist, given that dev is not happy with the amount of support he is getting and will not continue unless he past a two thousand dollars limit.

But I can tell you what we know. Story starts three years ago. MC and wife have just married and go to their honey moon to Asia. Thanks to some connections on wife's brother, who accompanied the couple, they get into a nice hotel, run by a woman called Mei and owned by a very mysterious looking guy called Misha and his partner, Samara. It is very clear that they have a great interest in MC and his wife. While in this trip, MC start having weird dreams about past and present.
Meanwhile, back at home MC's family, his sisters and mother are having their own problems and start having strange dreams too, connected to MC's trip.

That is the quickest summary I can give you. It is extremely good, with awesome writing (specially the characters) and very intriguing. But given that is doomed to be incomplete, I would stay away from it.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
It’s unlikely, but my main hope is that this next update serves as some kind of bookend. Because otherwise yeah, despite the high quality I couldn’t in good conscience recommend it to someone.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018

Billing has been paused for August.
If everything goes well I'm aiming for a mid-August release. Just have in mind I've shifted focus on other things in life.

We already knew it but it is still sad.

Ah not really. Sure it was a good game up to a point but the dev is just one of those entitled people... ah well onwards and upwards

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
but the dev is just one of those entitled people
I got the same impression after a supporter of his patreon made this reasonable and encouraging comment:

"So does that mean that you will definetly be ending this project for good? If so that would be a shame - even more so that the story is just starting to unfold. I really think it is far to early to give up on this as sometimes you just need a bit of long breath to get things going. If this is mostly about generating more income you should consider doing a promotion with other successful developers (Dr. Pinkcake comes to mind) to reach a wider audience and on another level maybe get in touch with them to learn what they are doing differently from you that helps them to generate more revenue from their projects. Just throwing everything away has never been a satisfying solution for anyone at any time. Understand what's not working out good and what you can do to improve on your end (as obviously you will not change others). Like the saying goes: the definition of madness is sticking to your old ways and hoping for a different outcome....With all that said I still hope you will find whatever works out best for you and thank you for the story you have shared."

Then the dev answered: "I appreciate the suggestions, but I'll return when the goal is reached. I have other things I'm pursuing at the moment. Hope you enjoy the update when I finally get it out."

I mean, if he is so determined to leave this behind and pursue other things in life, why bothering going on with the "when the goal is reached" thing in front of a comment that was literally all about trying to let the dev understand what didn't work when promoting his game and how to better do it by learning it from other more succesful devs?

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
He is just butt hurt. But hey, his game his choice, it isnt like there is a shortage of other games to play. Would love to find out the assets he used to make lawan though, can anyone help identify those?

ALeakyWarthog

Oct 22, 2017
He is just butt hurt. But hey, his game his choice, it isnt like there is a shortage of other games to play. Would love to find out the assets he used to make lawan though, can anyone help identify those?
I don't really think it's about being entitled or butt hurt, it's a simple matter of time vs return, if he's not getting a lot back but putting in a lot of time it's not unreasonable to stop, he at least told people he was stopping as well, didn't just go dark and keep taking money. 100% agree on lawan though, needed more of her!

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Mid-August, though the Dev’s kind of going through the motions with this update so I wouldn’t necessarily hold to that.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
I don't really think it's about being entitled or butt hurt, it's a simple matter of time vs return, if he's not getting a lot back but putting in a lot of time it's not unreasonable to stop, he at least told people he was stopping as well, didn't just go dark and keep taking money. 100% agree on lawan though, needed more of her!
He put too much quality work in the game and expects to earn much more in a short time just because of that, but like i said before, the game is barely known and not many people heard of it, the game truly does need a lot of time to make but that doesn't necessary means that his Patreon support has to boost instantly just because of that, if he can't continue the game anymore just put it on hold, start a new and smaller projects that you can make until you start grow, it doesn't need to have the same render quality, games like this are very ambitious and it's harder for a new developer to do it from the beginning.

Reactions: turnerron70

turnerron70

Nov 1, 2017
He put too much quality work in the game and expects to earn much more in a short time just because of that, but like i said before, the game is barely known and not many people heard of it, the game truly does need a lot of time to make but that doesn't necessary means that his Patreon support has to boost instantly just because of that, if he can't continue the game anymore just put it on hold, start a new and smaller projects that you can make until you start grow, it doesn't need to have the same render quality, games like this are very ambitious and it's harder for a new developer to do it from the beginning.
Agree! DPC with "Acting Lessons" first and now "Being a DIK" comes to mind

Rituf

May 4, 2017
A game that looked promising in the early versions that failed due to the lack of information and clarity of the dev. You have a game with 6 versions that look the same, nobody knew for sure in which direction the game would go and the dev didn't bother to inform even the genres.
A pity, because the story seemed to be interesting and the characters were well made. Another thing, knowing the market, games like this can barely make 1k a month, the big problem is that some think they will get rich by making adult games

Reactions: turnerron70

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So, just getting this straight. The title is abandoned, correct? Or?
Technically is an "or". After the incoming update, developer said that he will continue the game if he gets 2000 dollar support a month on Patreon. He is getting less than 400 hundred, so while technically it is "or", in reality it is: yes, it will be abandoned after the next update.

4.20 star(s) 45 Votes