4.10 star(s) 45 Votes

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
then let's say goodbye to this game...
I don't think anyone is going to donate that much money. If I'm wrong, then let's wait for the guy with 1703 bucks saved to complete the goal.
it's worth dreaming... xD
The thing is that he wants that amount of money monthly and not once. So your dude who saved up 1703$ and throws them into the devs direction will change nothing. ;)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The dev burned out himself developing this game in his free time after his real work hours. He wants $2k to quit his job and make a decent living with this game. He could have just said I stop here without demanding anything. It's sad but he's not the first and won't be the last

and yeah it's not $2K for 0.08, it's $2k multiplied by number of months of development

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hrmmm.... Obviously I don't know what the dev plans for the next release in terms of loading saves, so I can't say for sure. In the past, though, I've been able to save on screens without "save here" and had my saves load w/o any issues. (I did not bother to save on a "save here" screen in v0.6, and loading my save for 0.7 worked just fine.) I would assume, unless someone says otherwise in the future, loading almost any save should work. Maybe back up a few images and save again, just to be safe; since it's so close to the end, I just saved at the last Alex-Hannah choice (at the party).
well I tried every save i had from 0.6 and the only save that worked was the the I saved where it said "save here"

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
I hope this Game loses all its Patreons after this bullshit. Its a decent Game, but nobody should support a Dev holding a new Update hostage unless enough money was paid.

People should rather donate money to Devs have a passion for their Game and not just see it as easy money.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
well even if he deserves 2k far more then icstor and other lazy devs, i don't think he is reaching it, so that's it for this amazing game unfortunately.

Reactions: Darken_Ral
Dec 29, 2017
this game is starting to feel like it will go down the same route of acting lessons in the fact it have a really really heart renching ending

SplashCC

Aug 8, 2017
Y'all saying he got greedy haven't ever been a patron of his work it seems. It wasn't a sudden thing, he said his game was worth way more than the couple hundreds he was getting at the time of 0.5 to 0.6, and I totally agree with his move. After all he STILL suck it up and developed another version knowing he would probably never reach that amount. That ain't too much money for something you've been working and putting money into for more than an year!

Reactions: Barbaric -Shelf

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Y'all saying he got greedy haven't ever been a patron of his work it seems. It wasn't a sudden thing, he said his game was worth way more than the couple hundreds he was getting at the time of 0.5 to 0.6, and I totally agree with his move. After all he STILL suck it up and developed another version knowing he would probably never reach that amount. That ain't too much money for something you've been working and putting money into for more than an year!
Gimme 2k or no more updates is greedy pal.

SplashCC

Aug 8, 2017
Gimme 2k or no more updates is greedy pal.
The quality of his work is worth 2k a month, he worked knowing he would not get to that just so we could get another update without ever paying a dime and calling him greedy for wanting money for god knows how many hours it take to get to that level of polish. But go ahead, if you cant differentiate wanting to be rewarded for a job well done and greed its alright. But it must suck to have your job if you think a months work for 2k is being greedy.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
He should have aimed for a more realistic goal, something like maybe $600 a month which I believe might have been doable and with time that could have increased to something more.

Likewise, his very abrupt and dismissive attitude towards everyone who reached out to offer him advice in terms of his content, the marketing of his game and getting it out there (and in some instances actual money) did nothing to endear him to anyone.

Right now the impression is that he’s burnt out with the game or worse that he just doesn’t care. It seems like he put a fairly high mark to reach purely because he knew it wasn’t going to be met and now he can put the onus upon his patrons.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
He should have aimed for a more realistic goal, something like maybe $600 a month which I believe might have been doable and with time that could have increased to something more.

Likewise, his very abrupt and dismissive attitude towards everyone who reached out to offer him advice in terms of his content, the marketing of his game and getting it out there (and in some instances actual money) did nothing to endear him to anyone.

Right now the impression is that he’s burnt out with the game or worse that he just doesn’t care. It seems like he put a fairly high mark to reach purely because he knew it wasn’t going to be met and now he can put the onus upon his patrons.
That is your opinion, not enough people agreed with that.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
By what metric are you judging that on?
That he did not get the support he wanted whatever the reason was for them, and it seems to be forbidden to mention some speculations about that or post gets deleted by mods, people did not decide to support him in droves yet.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I’m not really sure what the moderators here have to do with what SilkandMilk was doing months ago. People tried to help, he balked. That’s not a subjective opinion or speculation, it’s what happened.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I’m not really sure what the moderators here have to do with what SilkandMilk was doing months ago. People tried to help, he balked. That’s not a subjective opinion or speculation, it’s what happened.
Well I had two posts deleted yesterday for going into old content, so it likely was kinda toxic in past. It makes it hard though to give a reasoned response on this situation, since I do kind of understand why this dev did not get the support he wanted even if his character dialogs are good. The setup and pace though and unreasonable staying away from early/immediate full on sex with the wife while they are on their honeymoon......., well those were not so great or very realistic in a realistic story.

ArCHiS

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2020
Game WAS good but the dev ruined it by beeing greedy and demands cash for further development.

Well THIS is a game i won´t tribute to since the dev has such a sh*** attitude towards his patrons !

IF i had been his patron i would withdraw my support right away...until the dev apologizes !

4.10 star(s) 45 Votes