4.10 star(s) 45 Votes

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
He's not greedy, he has paused his patreon for 2 months now. He may have too high expectations though.

If he just stopped and abandoned the game after the last udpate without demanding anything, would he still be greedy ? He just gave people a slight chance to see the game continuing

turnerron70

Nov 1, 2017
I love this game and I think it is one of the best ones out there. But I do not agree with the developer's position. If you are developing the game as a hobby, then you take what you can get on Patreon and try your best to increase your revenue.

If you feel entitled to demand $2,000 a month from your patrons, then you need to at least let them know what you are offering in return? Are you quitting your day job to work full-time on the game? Are you committing to spend $1000 a month on computing resources / hiring help so you can release monthly updates instead of an update once every 4 months.

Of course, there are some very good and some very lousy games / developers raking in more than $2,000 a month, but those are exceptional cases. It is unrealistic to expect that you will definitely be one of these exceptional cases.

Right now, the only way I can this getting resumed is if the developer launches a new project (maybe something that is similar high-quality but with much simpler story) that is more commercially successful and helps the developer get above $2,000.

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
Lol im still confuse why there isnt “multiple and female protagonist” tag im losing touch with this game because i can care less about doing the choices for alex and mom like what is the goal? They both seems to show interest with the mc or pushing towards that way but then the game give us a choice for them to be with someone else like huh :WaitWhat: i dont get the relationships anymore are we suppose to make them wait for mc or not this a lot of mind fuckery going on:ROFLMAO:

Sourcic123

Jan 22, 2019
Is anyone else struggling to get the incest patch to work I don't understand the instructions, it downloads as a rar file and when I rename it to scripts.rpy an error occurs

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Is anyone else struggling to get the incest patch to work I don't understand the instructions, it downloads as a rar file and when I rename it to scripts.rpy an error occurs
You use a program like 7zip to extract the script.rpy from the v.0.07.rar folder. the once extracted you put that in the game folder.

damndor

Looking for a nothing
Donor
Mar 10, 2018
Hahaha, wonderful stuff this be! Although it's a game, it certainly displays quite a normal and an actual possible happening. I have to lay down that this is one of the absolute best and most natural openings i've come across any Ren'Py games so far! Nice everyday situation mixed with some gentle, non-deep drama before adding some comedy to it and then curving up to a more proper storyline. Bloody well done with that! And i've played my fair share of Ren'Py games.... SO excited for what the rest of the story will bring now!

OH! I also must admit the immense pleasure seeing more proper asian girls in a game! :)

Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
....Bloody well done with that! And i've played my fair share of Ren'Py games.... SO excited for what the rest of the story will bring now!
Unfortunately, there are very slim chances (if any), for anyone to see the rest of the story.
This game 99.99% is going "abandon road".

damndor

Looking for a nothing
Donor
Mar 10, 2018
Unfortunately, there are very slim chances (if any), for anyone to see the rest of the story.
This game 99.99% is going "abandon road".
Well, i'll be damned then. Too bad if that's the case then. Lovin' what i am seeing so far, so yea, it'd be unfortunate if it's discontinued. How come that's the case then? :eek:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Well, i'll be damned then. Too bad if that's the case then. Lovin' what i am seeing so far, so yea, it'd be unfortunate if it's discontinued. How come that's the case then? :eek:
it has been (over)discussed here already..he is not satisfied with money he earns, so he will drop this, or any other game-making project...In short.

Melted

Nov 23, 2019
You have just opened a can of worms. Truth is we don't know! Story is in the prologue so what the hell is going on is to the reader to find out in later updates which will most likely not come to exist, given that dev is not happy with the amount of support he is getting and will not continue unless he past a two thousand dollars limit.

But I can tell you what we know. Story starts three years ago. MC and wife have just married and go to their honey moon to Asia. Thanks to some connections on wife's brother, who accompanied the couple, they get into a nice hotel, run by a woman called Mei and owned by a very mysterious looking guy called Misha and his partner, Samara. It is very clear that they have a great interest in MC and his wife. While in this trip, MC start having weird dreams about past and present.
Meanwhile, back at home MC's family, his sisters and mother are having their own problems and start having strange dreams too, connected to MC's trip.

That is the quickest summary I can give you. It is extremely good, with awesome writing (specially the characters) and very intriguing. But given that is doomed to be incomplete, I would stay away from it.

Let me get this straight. It's been 3 years in the making and you have no idea what the plot is or where the story is going or what is happening... ALSO, it's extremely good with awesome writing! WHAT?

I played this near the beginning and then I played it a couple days ago. What I noticed? It's now a total clusterfuck. Like, the first 5 minutes you are reading, there's a faint idea of a coming storyline. Five minutes later you're beginning to wonder what happened to the story. Another 5 minutes and you're just clicking that mouse as fast as you can because if you try to read and make sense of all that shit, you're going to lose a lot of brain cells. And even then without words and just your brain trying to put some sort of order to the pictures... dead brain cells.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I mean, it’s not the incomprehensible mess you’re making it out to be, but it is incredibly vague and meandering. I could grasp the story well enough, it’s just that fuck all forward movement happened over the course of the several updates.

Reactions: SonnyG932

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Let me get this straight. It's been 3 years in the making and you have no idea what the plot is or where the story is going or what is happening... ALSO, it's extremely good with awesome writing! WHAT?

I played this near the beginning and then I played it a couple days ago. What I noticed? It's now a total clusterfuck. Like, the first 5 minutes you are reading, there's a faint idea of a coming storyline. Five minutes later you're beginning to wonder what happened to the story. Another 5 minutes and you're just clicking that mouse as fast as you can because if you try to read and make sense of all that shit, you're going to lose a lot of brain cells. And even then without words and just your brain trying to put some sort of order to the pictures... dead brain cells.
It's you who have dead brain cells if you can't make sense of the story. Sure there are some supernatural elements not fully revealed yet but the rest is pretty clear. And characters' interactions are wonderful

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018

Hey everyone, I'll try my best to get the update out by the end of the month, but I'll be pausing patron next month.
I've given it a good go, I know those of you who have decided to support the project seem to really enjoy the story I'm trying to tell, but unfortunately it's unsustainable.
I think what I'm doing is worth more than the market seems to think at the moment. And to be 100% honest with all of you, I simply don't want to work on "Primal Instinct" for a few hundred dollars a month.
I have a full time job I slave away at to pay the bills (like most of you do). For the last 18 months I've spent most of my free time working on this project. This has affected my personal life (including my relationships with those close to me). I blow everything else off to work on this.
There are many projects out there that I feel are way below the quality that I offer, and not only do they get more patrons, but they retain their patrons.
I will finish this next update, but I've set a goal for the following one, that is v.0.08. As soon as we reach that goal, I'll return to the world of "Primal Instinct." If not, I'm moving on to other things.
I know this will come as a hard blow for those of you who love the characters and world I've created, but please try and look at this from my end. Each update takes hundreds of hours of work. And time is the most precious commodity any of us have in this finite existence.
Silk...
Had to go hunting for this post as I didn't see what everyone was talking about.

Damn shame, I really enjoyed the bit of this game I was playing but no way will it get those levels of pledges with the Dev basically saying he's given up on the project. I get his side but his goal isnt reasonable when he's showing no interest or enthusiasm in the project. To use a tasteless euphemism: Rats don't flock to a sinking ship, they flee it.

RIP One of the better games out there.

Sep 29, 2019
I love this game, I really like the story, it intrigues me a lot on a personal level, I thing it a very good story. I want to know what else is going on as it will end, especially between her sisters and her mother. I hope we have an end to this game. As far as Art is concerned, I love its textures so much, it has very well-kept images and excellent art work. This game is on my list of my favorites.
All your work is a masterpiece. Please don't stop finishing this masterpiece.
Can you tell me or someone else what Assets you use for the Sandra & Trisha characters?
I am currently learning DAZ3D.

Last edited:

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Assets you use for the Sandra & Trisha characters?
View attachment 792986 View attachment 792988
We were trying to get asset info for the ladies from Silk on discord a while back, but he was not willing to share his secrets. He did however disclose that Sandra is based on "Genevieve 7". He obviously changed her up quite a bit, because Sandra looks nothing like the samples I saw of Genevieve 7.

As far as Trisha goes, you might want to contact the dev. of this game https://f95zone.to/threads/last-light-v0-2-nighthunt.57556/ . Currently preview picture #3 looks close to Trisha, to me anyway.

Last edited:

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
A Post from Silk on Discord today:

Silk & Milk ProductionsToday at 3:43 AM
I'll be pausing billing on Patreon each month. Current patrons won't be billed until we reach the goal.
Having that in mind, please be wary at the end of each month. If Patreon tries to bill you before we reach the goal, it means something unexpected happened to me, and I didn't get to turn billing off.
Sorry if you're angry at me, but I've barely broken even with this project. It's unsustainable at this level of support.
Hope you're all well. Thanks for being the few who saw potential in this project.
❤️

4.10 star(s) 45 Votes