4.10 star(s) 45 Votes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Another DEV holding their game ransom to try to force people to support them like that has ever helped the other ones that did it. It usually takes a DEV to make a few completed games before they start making 2K plus per month. Well I'll keep an eye on this so I can delete the files when it finally gets the abandoned tag when they never get money they want.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Another DEV holding their game ransom to try to force people to support them like that has ever helped the other ones that did it. It usually takes a DEV to make a few completed games before they start making 2K plus per month. Well I'll keep an eye on this so I can delete the files when it finally gets the abandoned tag when they never get money they want.
I think the dev needs the money to buy all the shitty slow transitions he's put in the game. I swear he's added in an extra hour at least to slow transitions.

The story is frustrating with all the jumps in time and I don't get why it starts of with 3 years ago, when the entire game up to this point with the MC and family has taken place 3 years ago. It's like once super long ass intro.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
The thing is, even if the Dev does somehow reach his goal, the story makes it seem like we’re still many updates away from the main action actually happening.

in fact, I have to wonder if the Dev actually had any concept of where the story would go after the Honeymoon and everything else with the family was just window dressing to prop up his (admittedly visually interesting) aesthetic.

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Just finished the new update and just now i noticed the 'on hold' fuck! Hope it's not for long.

Also: Yet again i'm amazed by the cg in this game! 10/10.

Cheesecake

Jul 4, 2017
*disclaimer* this might not be entirely accurate, but it's what i got from going through comments here and patreon combined with some speculation*

So let me get this straight.
- Some (pretty decent) renderer/dev decides to try his hand at a VN.
- He does not advertise anywhere or tease anything free/no free versions. It's all behind a paywall (how do people know what they're getting into?)
- He gets mad about the free advertisement and people's support he gets from the 'pirated version' (does he not know most devs make the old version available for free so people get hooked on the game etc?)
- He somehow expects his (at this point short game (intro?) with bloated gameplay) to get 2000$ a month? Is he not happy there are actually people who want to play his game? He got this far with barely any support/recognition, what changed? Did he realize pretty pictures alone stop cutting it at some point?
+ So far he did 7 proper versions over the course of a year and a half?
=> Does that mean he is somehow expecting people to pay for an additional 2-5 years ? so that's like 120$-300$ to get (maybe) a full game years down the line (at 5$/month)
- The story is okay-ish, but i'm pretty sure it's (at least partially) plagiarism since it seems very familiar. [I've been going through some comments and it seems i'm not alone in this]
It also appears he doesn't really know where to go from here.
- - His attitude and stance on not continuing and holding development hostage (for whatever reason, writer's block, money, ...) is completely backfiring and turning people against him, making it very unlikely to get support at all, let alone the support he, rather than asks, demands.

So summed up:
-From the get-go it seems his motives/attitude were wrong. You need to create content for people to enjoy, so they might support you and help you in the process. You don't make people pay to see what you created, especially not in this saturated market where they can easily just choose something else to support.
- Now it's come to a point where the project is starting to wobble a bit and instead of working on it/fixing it, he not just throws a wrench into the process, but blows it all up in his own face? Feels a bit... idk dumb?

Kinda hope he just starts working on it and it was all an out of season april fools joke (#redshirtguy) or he just had a bad day or something.
Maybe he could just join another project and do renders, if that's his strength, so he doesn't have to bother with everything else.
It would be a waste if such good renders weren't being put to good use.

hazzi

Oct 10, 2017
what a greedy dev. He should be happy with what he's got coming in especially since the story sucks. It's not worth 2000 a month that's insane.

The story tries to be all mystery but all that does is push the other characters' stories to the background because I only care about is the mystery not all the other shit in the story. I think the writer thinks it enhances it but really it takes away from the story. if there was more backstory. this is one of the rare cases it would help the story. I am not even going to get into how the story gets the source its "borrowing" from wrong so many times.
greedy dev? do you work for free?

Cheesecake

Jul 4, 2017
greedy dev? do you work for free?
Depends on the work/context provided. Also on the experience/knowledge level you bring. Like nobody has ever done unpaid overtime because stuff had a deadline to meet ? lol
Or did unpaid internships because it's a part of classes and a requirement for graduating?
In this case, they clearly have a main job where they got their experience from, they have been (mostly waiting for renders) working at this for over a year and a half doing a major update around every 2-3 months in their spare time without any issues.
now suddenly asking (demanding rather) for 6x the amount you got prior for the same work is kind of absurd.
Now if they'd say something like they are commiting full time and will have the updates out in 2 weeks rather than 12, then it would actually change things. But the only promise is 'I'll "start" working on the next update' which might just mean 3 months after the deadline is reached. So they are essentially just asking to be paid to do nothing until then, so yeah it's very much greedy in this case.
P.S. I'd like to meet the boss that suddenly gives people a 6x pay raise for doing the same job they have been just because they ask :ROFLMAO:

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
I just wanted to bang Mocha skinned magic Lady, with such a small community that knows about the game (Looking by the discussions) and a 2k goal to even start on an update. I't never gonna happen. I can understand with a few games under the Dev's belt that's finished. At least with that Resume, we can expect a finished game unlike most of the biggest Devs that move on to new projects or get tired of working on it while getting money. I usually send an anonymous donation on finished games that I enjoy if I can. Oh well another game gone on my watchlist

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
For $2K I hope he quits his job and goes full time on the game. The transition should happen naturally, but the dev got a burnout doing both

I don't agree with his decision but here we are

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Shame to hear the game's on hold. I liked it, let's hope he comes back. I don't see him reaching his monthly goal without making updates, though, so perhaps it's unlikely.

Reactions: botc76
4.10 star(s) 45 Votes