4.20 star(s) 45 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just finished this game. Damn. This game would have many patrons had it not been abandoned. It's pretty good.
This is what happens when you get an impatient developer with an overinflated sense of importance. This dude's own ego was his downfall. He didn't get as much support as he thought he "deserved" (LMAO) and so, like a mature adult, he threw a temper tantrum and abandoned this game. He even held this game hostage by saying he'd bail on it if people didn't pay him enough. :LOL:

He then proceeded — with the remnants of his patrons who didn't bail on him — to create another game . . . which makes total sense. :rolleyes: And then, when that game didn't get him what he thought he "deserved" he pulled the same shit again. (Well, that, or it takes him magically 5 times longer for a follow-up release of Heir Apparent than it ever did for the first two releases of that game or for any of the releases of this game.) The only thing this dude deserves is bad publicity and being blackballed from the industry. Good riddance to the egotistical dumbass.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
This is what happens when you get an impatient developer with an overinflated sense of importance. This dude's own ego was his downfall. He didn't get as much support as he thought he "deserved" (LMAO) and so, like a mature adult, he threw a temper tantrum and abandoned this game. He even held this game hostage by saying he'd bail on it if people didn't pay him enough. :LOL:

He then proceeded — with the remnants of his patrons who didn't bail on him — to create another game . . . which makes total sense. :rolleyes: And then, when that game didn't get him what he thought he "deserved" he pulled the same shit again. (Well, that, or it takes him magically 5 times longer for a follow-up release of Heir Apparent than it ever did for the first two releases of that game or for any of the releases of this game.) The only thing this dude deserves is bad publicity and being blackballed from the industry. Good riddance to the egotistical dumbass.
the dev should have just cut Primal Instinct as Season 1 and then put it on Steam, and then through that finish Primal Instinct.

Heir Apparent could have been popular on patreon after that i think

Reactions: Nameless King

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
the dev should have just cut Primal Instinct as Season 1 and then put it on Steam, and then through that finish Primal Instinct.

There definitely is a lot of stuff the dev could have and should have done. A little bit late for that at this point.

Reactions: Toushiro

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Is there something similar to like gangbang/corruption/domination in this game?
It's my friend, you're not the only one, I've looked and it's hard to find a similar game but maybe you think nothing is impossible here on the site but I would like it to be similar like: even with the wife already pregnant :(

Reactions: ramgus
Aug 12, 2020
It's my friend, you're not the only one, I've looked and it's hard to find a similar game but maybe you think nothing is impossible here on the site but I would like it to be similar like: even with the wife already pregnant :(
So... there are no such tags in this game hat I mentioned earlier, did I understand your sentence correctly?

Nov 17, 2019
I don't mind devs that have their eye on the money, it's when they tell us they are going to abandon a game if they don't make enough where it gets ridiculous.

The dev here was growing steadily. If he'd finished this then he would probably have been making enough to call it a job by the end but no, he fucked himself.

Now he's got zero chance of ever making a living doing this.

He went from a dev with a massive amount of potential with a game people were enjoying to one of the biggest jokes on the site.

The last dev to pull what this dev pulled was BrightSunStudio and he got laughed off the site. He was building up slowly and completed 2 games then went the start then abandon route if the new game didn't make over 1k I think I was, within 2 months.

He even made alt accounts to try it. After 4 or 5 games pulling that he'd lost everything.

Now people don't go for any of that shit. We all warned this dev before he abandoned Primal, we warned him multiple times but he knew better and now look. Exactly what we all said would happen did indeed happen and he's screwed over any chance he has of making a career out of this.

How did that song by The Hives go?

Ahh yes, Hate to say I told you so.
Some of these devs have absolutely no business sense. Like we get that you want to make money, but that shit takes time, and for some reason they cant figure that if people have no faith in you to finish anything they arent gonna piss their money away on them.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Some of these devs have absolutely no business sense. Like we get that you want to make money, but that shit takes time, and for some reason they cant figure that if people have no faith in you to finish anything they arent gonna piss their money away on them.
i think this particular dev, from what i gather, seems like they have other source of income that pays better upfront compared to game development, so they just eventually abandon this game and Heirs Apparent

i don't know, i like their game enough and I think both of their games have the potential to be in the 1000 subscribers level at the very least.

Who knows, maybe they make more than an income from 1000 patreon subscribers already.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i think this particular dev, from what i gather, seems like they have other source of income that pays better upfront compared to game development, so they just eventually abandon this game and Heirs Apparent

i don't know, i like their game enough and I think both of their games have the potential to be in the 1000 subscribers level at the very least.

Who knows, maybe they make more than an income from 1000 patreon subscribers already.
If that were to ever happen, it wouldn't be for quite a while down the road.
1681548562355.png

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017

I don't think Steam accepts games containing incest.
Yes this game was really good, the graphics were top quality and if you consider it was made in 2018-2019 it's really impressive.
I don't think the dev is blacklisted or his career is ruined forever. If he finishes this game with quality content, he would get all the credits back. People can easily change their mind if someone starts producing good content and delivers on time.
The only problem is that he keeps abandoning projects and never ends one, but that can be solved if he wants. Nothing is irreversible.

Post scriptum: I just noted that incest was "optional", with a patch. Well, I think without it this game loses a lot :) It really adds value to the story contest.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think the dev is blacklisted or his career is ruined forever. If he finishes this game with quality content, he would get all the credits back. People can easily change their mind if someone starts producing good content and delivers on time.
The only problem is that he keeps abandoning projects and never ends one, but that can be solved if he wants. Nothing is irreversible.
The dev is never going to do that though. This guy thinks he's god's gift and will only do any work if people opt to donate large quantities of money to him.

Sure, the dev could spend a few months consistently updating the game and not acting like an entitled dick but there is a 0% chance of that happening.

Frargus

Oct 29, 2022
Can someone tell me where you're supposed to put the incest patch?

Usually a patch replaces a file of the game, but I can't find any "script.rpy" file within the game's folders?

I tried searching this thread, but couldn't find a comment on it.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Usually a patch replaces a file of the game, but I can't find any "script.rpy" file within the game's folders?

Actually, that's not really true all that often for this type of patch. Very often a patch for incest (or loli content or whatever) is added as a separate file in addition to everything else. Files like this (often just called patch.rpy, zzzzz.rpy, etc.) are just dropped into the \game folder and then when you play the dialogues and scenes are changed. However, it does vary from game to game. I can't remember how it is in this one, but you might just try adding it to the main \game folder to see if that works.

Kaoshin

Feb 18, 2023

no need for patch since game is abandoned anyway , there is no incest sex in the game yet

Reactions: Kame-Sennin
4.20 star(s) 45 Votes