• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Private Cases - Case#2 [v0.2.01] [c_n]

4.60 star(s) 7 Votes

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Hm strange I get no ending to my investigation ... tehy just return to the office and that´s that ... did I miss something during the search or is this supposed to be a cliffhanger?

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Not getting to actually solve the case sucks a bit tbh.
Otherwise I still like the set-up.

It would be good to have some form of idea what kind of paths to expect, so I could choose my options accordingly, otherwise the game mechanics work fine.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
The intro was very, very good, until the first case, finding a violin for a teenager, realy?? like wtf... :cautious:
and the case doesn't have a ending... :confused:

story and renders are great (y) animations not so much...
will the first client (that blond chick) return? :D

• Angry
Reactions: 9thCrux

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
The intro was very, very good, until the first case, finding a violin for a teenager, realy?? like wtf... :cautious:
and the case doesn't have a ending... :confused:

story and renders are great (y) animations not so much...
will the first client (that blond chick) return? :D
The first case is just a way for Ellie to learn the ropes, so it might appear quite a bit easier than other cases. It's also a way for the dev to get some light exposition in; the world in which our MCs live is rather dark and corrupt, and it will become more and more obvious with each subsequent case.
Regarding the ending of the case, I think the dev had problems with his rendering rig so this is only half the first case: the rest will be forthcoming.

murlok

Mar 17, 2018
tres sympas ce jeu l'histoire est très intéressante et je dois avouer que je me suis laisser prendre au jeu de l'enquete etant fan de ce genre de truc j’attends impatiemment la suite par contre le pauvre immigré qui se fait presque virer pour une porte ouverte ..... un peu violent la réaction quand même xd

Reactions: e-disfunction

c_n

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2018
Trasher2018
Hmmm... I didn't have this problem when I try it. Is there other who have this problem ?

e-disfunction
Thanks Ilan back in black and CookieMonster666 but he's right... I choose a path maybe too complicate to "implement" my update.
It's maybe easier to put v0.05 and, in the change-log, wich case is, or not ?...

Joe Steel
I'm not sure if I understand what you write (I had a problem to translate :p). You tell that te MC went to jail too easily ? If that's what you tell, so yes ^^ It was too easy and that's the point, but you will not able to understand since some meeting with other people in the story.

Avaron1974
It took me time to understand the joke xD

B-52reloaded
This is just the first day and not finish yet, they will discuss about the case to solve it. And the second day you'll have two possible ending.

SpikeZg
You're not the first to tell me that finding a violin is too... "bisounours" (don't have the translation in english :p ) too simple, too childish,...
Like say Sulring Durgul, other cases are much more dark (too much ?).

murlok
[FR = on]
Attention à bien traduire pour les autres :)
Violent ? ôO oui, c'est bien Kaylee :p[FR = off]
He told that the story is interesting and like investigations. But Kaylee's reaction is too violent...
Violent ? Yes , it's Kaylee :p

I though about a walkthrough but... I'm not sure how to make it, there's no bad ending or bad path.
Each time you make a decision you'll find a clue for the whole story, get to know a character, ...
But in the end the story will continue, you'll not miss something, it will be easier to understand some point of the story are another.
Maybe if I put different color when a decision lead to one path or another ?... Difficult, some case have more than two end.

So... I really don't know how to make it ^^

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Trasher2018
Hmmm... I didn't have this problem when I try it. Is there other who have this problem ?
Yeah, same here. I had problems with all of my saves tho. Well, the game is short enough to start from scratch and skip through the first part, so it wasn't that annoying.

It would be good to have some form of idea what kind of paths to expect, so I could choose my options accordingly, otherwise the game mechanics work fine.
With Ellie and Mirabelle there seem to be at least two LI so far.

Well, finally a game with an interesting story and a neat writing. :) Patiently waiting for more. Keep it up.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, same here. I had problems with all of my saves tho. Well, the game is short enough to start from scratch and skip through the first part, so it wasn't that annoying.

With Ellie and Mirabelle there seem to be at least two LI so far.

Well, finally a game with an interesting story and a neat writing. :) Patiently waiting for more. Keep it up.
Yeah, but I was wondering for example, whether the answer you give about who Ellie is when the client asks, opens or closes certain possibilities. Like if you say she's your daughter, a romance becomes impossible or harder fe.

Anus Mundi
Thx.
Well, I have to find why...
I had problems with the last two or three saves, but those before worked.

Mar 15, 2018
Had really fun with the game, especially the dialogues are worth to read, because you get into comprehension of the detective-story. And what I liked very much, was the animation while Ellie and the director where driving in the car, very nice the reflections on the front pane. (Maybe bit to fast paced though?)

Anyway, this is a game I wil remember and where I´m far from fast-clicking through the dialogues, thank you very much!

c_n

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2018
botc76
if you choose that she's your daughter, you'll close romance with her.

I wanted to explain further but I erase my post before launch it xD
Explaining more will spoil the possibilities. One tip: Ellie is jealous type.

But like I wrote in the game, the story is more important than put random sex scenes. There will not have a lot, nor in each case but every sort of (I will try to...). But the MC will not always get involved.

And thanks for the clue about the saves.

Anus Mundi
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jocks and showers
Thanks and I know for the animations... someone told it so, I'm sorry but my computer isn't good enough to make better one.
(they wink really too fast, I shouldn't do them wink >< )

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
[...]One tip: Ellie is jealous type.[...]

[...]- TRUST HER and her judgment[...]
Yeah, figured as much during the encounter with the dean's secretary. :giggle:

Your guess is good but it's more complicated.
Sure.

as always I hope I explain it correctly without too much spoil ><
Yes, please don't tell too much. I guess this is one of the games that are worth exploring for myself. :)

I know that my english is bad.
Works fine for me.

Reactions: c_n

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I loved the Kaylee bouncing up and down animation thought that was really well made she is great her and Ellie are the best, a nice story so far even despite the lack of sexual content I pretty much enjoyed this

Reactions: Korentin

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I loved the Kaylee bouncing up and down animation thought that was really well made she is great her and Ellie are the best, a nice story so far even despite the lack of sexual content I pretty much enjoyed this
It's a slow burn for sure, but I think it's one well worth sticking with :)

Reactions: Mormont

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
Good start and like the logging of the changes going to case 1. I am liking it so far somethings here and there that could be fix but that is any game. I am hoping that the story continues and grows more.

good game so far looking forward to next update.

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
I'm enjoying the story and characters (the best part of the VN so far). Good work c_n.

There is something really unique about the way its presented that I've not seen before.

4.60 star(s) 7 Votes