VN Ren'Py Abandoned Private Cases - Case#2 [v0.2.01] [c_n]

4.60 star(s) 7 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
FINALLY!!!..so much happy
well written..ya..it was linear..no sex..not even a peek..so folks..you gonna be playing a reading game..jus' sayin' though..woulda been nice to fiddle with a dame.. :p
I agree, Rob; that's always a nice thing. For my part, though, I'm here loving (or loathing) developers' visions, with or without sex. It's not like there's a shortage of games you can find on F95 for getting your wank on.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Wasn't this game at release v0.04 in April? (It has regressed to v0.01, now. o_O)
I might be misremembering, but I think what you saw was v0.04 for the Prologue of the game. This is v0.01 of Case #1. Think of it like a book, with "Case" being a chapter, and versions of each part like drafts (kind of). So you have the Prologue that went through a few updates until c_n was happy with it (or at least, for the time being). This is the first release of Chapter 1, with more updates to come as the developer sees fit.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
This is a very well-written story, I think. Some of the dialogue doesn't quite come off right when translated to English, but, other than that, the translations are very good and maybe the best I've seen. The story is very well-told and only really raised my eyebrows when the MC gets railroaded (offscreen in the prologue) and sent to jail. That seemed a bit too trivial and unlikely. However, that's a minor nit.

Looking forward to more.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I saw a tag that really worried me and I just want to make sure it's not too much or if I can avoid it or someway to make it better.

Creampies.

I'm not really a fan of cream, especially on pastry, it's all kinds of wrong. Apple pies I could go with or even summer fruit pie but a cream pie probably wouldn't be nice without something else stuffed in there.

I do hope nobody takes this seriously. Last time I tried cracking a joke someone took the time to explain it to me.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I saw a tag that really worried me and I just want to make sure it's not too much or if I can avoid it or someway to make it better.

Creampies.

I'm not really a fan of cream, especially on pastry, it's all kinds of wrong. Apple pies I could go with or even summer fruit pie but a cream pie probably wouldn't be nice without something else stuffed in there.

I do hope nobody takes this seriously. Last time I tried cracking a joke someone took the time to explain it to me.
I don't get it

• Wow
Reactions: a1fox3

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Did they pat you on the head and look down at you when they did it too?
It was worse, they ended it with "good day sir", the whole fedora tip and everything.

In about 3 sentences he'd completely missed the joke, explained the thing I made the joke about and then got my gender wrong after quoting someone that called me she.

Then he tipped the fedora.

I'll never be able to take anyone seriously that ends a post like that. Try so hard to sound intelligent while looking incredibly pretentious and getting everything wrong all at the same time.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
It was worse, they ended it with "good day sir", the whole fedora tip and everything.

In about 3 sentences he'd completely missed the joke, explained the thing I made the joke about and then got my gender wrong after quoting someone that called me she.

Then he tipped the fedora.

I'll never be able to take anyone seriously that ends a post like that. Try so hard to sound intelligent while looking incredibly pretentious and getting everything wrong all at the same time.
So most men then?

I hope I edited that quickly enough that no-one noticed

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
ooooh this game has the right vibes, i'm intrigue.
like the story so far, but most of all, love the characters.
kaylee, ellie, the ferrets, thomas, etc.... i definitely enjoy watching how they are portrayed and their interaction with one another.

The graphic is a little grainy/dark/blurry, wish it can be better.
Some of the animations/scenes are way too fast (maybe some pauses can help), and/or jaggy (maybe more frames can help).
The sex scenes can be smoother and with more fluidity from one scene to the next (maybe add a bit more in between instead of "teleporting" between actions/scenes).
Would be nice if there is an indication of when a click is required to continue, instead of just me keep pressing it and miss scenes.
... and i hate having to keep selecting yes I am over 18 every time i start the game (if save exists/certain scene/label has been loaded, maybe don't prompt?)

all in all, i really do enjoy this game. hopefully it stays awesome.
Thanks for the game!!
Good luck and keep it up c_n !!!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
4.60 star(s) 7 Votes