4.60 star(s) 20 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'danielle_help_03_kitchen_repeat'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "danielle_talk.rpyc", line 136, in script
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1552, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\script.py", line 861, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'danielle_help_03_kitchen_repeat'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.4a

great game keep up the good work
I think you're in the wrong thread.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Latest Mac HR version crashes when game attempts to save anything...Savegame...Options...Gives a permissions error trying to write to a read only file? Previous versions worked great.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
The latest update is not setting off any AV alerts for me. Great game and I look forward to the future updates.
Fantastic! Glad I was able to solve one of the major bugs!

Well - the Mac version now boots up fine. Got part way into the game and when the maid introduces "premium service" it locks up during the service - cannot advance at all at that point. Had to close without a save possible yet.

Still - looking really good for a start. Is this kind of going the way of Holiday Island?
Hi Hoboy
Can I ask :
1. Which version you're using? (High or Low-Quality images)
2. How much Ram memory do you have ?
The game loads / keeps the images in the memory until the event (Intro in your case) has finished.
If you're running the HighQ version on a system with only 500-1gb of memory you're going to run into an issue like this.

3. At which point did it lock up?
Did you get the options : Continue / enjoy? during the "Premium service"?
If this is when it locked up then it could be a "Jump" bug within the game I'll need to look into fixing.

Latest Mac HR version crashes when game attempts to save anything...Savegame...Options...Gives a permissions error trying to write to a read only file? Previous versions worked great.
Hi Phoeniix,

I've just been reading up on this issue.
I switched to an older version of RPGMV due to some "Plugin complications" this older version does not have the necessary update which gives the game the correct Mac permissions to the files it exports.
IE : The save file is read-only.
This is causing this bug.

Looking for a temp fix now, will get back to you as soon as I find one.

Reactions: hossol

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017

Hi Hoboy
Can I ask :
The game loads / keeps the images in the memory until the event (Intro in your case) has finished.
If you're running the HighQ version on a system with only 500-1gb of memory you're going to run into an issue like this.

If this is when it locked up then it could be a "Jump" bug within the game I'll need to look into fixing.
Actually it may not be a problem, as I restarted today and got through the "Enjoy/Cum" choice and selecting cum worked. Previous playthrough selecting cum never worked - it would bounce back to enjoy. Must have had a lot of memory used (although I was using the LQ and had 4G Ram)...I was bouncing around between reboots...

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017

Hi Hoboy
Can I ask :

Hi Phoeniix,

I've just been reading up on this issue.
I switched to an older version of RPGMV due to some "Plugin complications" this older version does not have the necessary update which gives the game the correct Mac permissions to the files it exports.
IE : The save file is read-only.
This is causing this bug.

Looking for a temp fix now, will get back to you as soon as I find one.
Sounds like I should be able to fix this, if I open the package and change the permissions on the save file then.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Anyone using MAC :

This link is the latest Low Q version which I've unchecked the read-only permissions :

This link is the latest High Q version which I've exported using the latest build of the RPGMV program.
" Acording to the developers of RPGMV they fixed the export permission issue in this build of the program "

Please note :
I have no idea if this will fix the problem you're all having, It's trail and error right now.
If it does work could you please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

-Boom

I'm not sure how you'd do it on MAC but for windows you just right click and uncheck the (Read only box)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Ruffuss

freka_man

Jun 25, 2018
Hello friends, is there a walk through or cheat codes for this game? Asking just for fun. :)
Dev said in previous pages, cheats are "
Yes. It's the magic plant in your bedroom. Shhhh!t_lust"

Do people not read all the pages, on threads :)) ? is it only I that does that to every game I play XD.
So ok read all the pages, ready to play and dropp the review after, only think I iz sad about is RPGM, although its not playing like a RPGM game thank GOD for that.
I hope to get immersed and love it !!

Also
Good Morning all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

For those that are getting annoyed with the "Grind" regarding affection points.
I always add a cheat menu.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Matsageman

Mar 25, 2018
Dev said in previous pages, cheats are "
Yes. It's the magic plant in your bedroom. Shhhh!t_lust"

Do people not read all the pages, on threads :)) ? is it only I that does that to every game I play XD.
So ok read all the pages, ready to play and dropp the review after, only think I iz sad about is RPGM, although its not playing like a RPGM game thank GOD for that.
I hope to get immersed and love it !!

Also
Thank you mate, cheers :).

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Hello @Boomatica!

I read on another topic that renders take a long time to get ready. I'll give you a suggestion that can serve as a solution for time-consuming renders and allow you to work faster in the game. I've never played your new game, so I do not know how it works, maybe this solution is impractical for you, but I'll leave it here anyway if you're interested:

As renders take a long time to get ready, you can adopt a solution similar to visual novels and use sprites + backgrounds for simple events where the important thing is just to show the girl + facial/body expression + text.

This way you render some key sprites and use them in several different events. For example, if the event is just a conversation in the living room, you reuse background and sprites and do not need to render anything new.

For this solution to work, all sprites and backgrounds need to receive consistent lighting. There is an extremely good and effective solution to this, which will make you get renders quickly:

This site offers different HDRIs that you can use for free for any project (commercial or not):

For the best result, it is recommended to download a medium-contrast HDRI:

1. Having downloaded some of these, you go to the DAZ3D and mount your "scene" (in this case, just a character in front of a transparent background.) Make the character face the camera and delete all light sources (turn off camera headlamp too).

2. In the "iray render" options, go to "Environment", click "Environment map", and choose the medium contrast HDRI you saved.

3. In this way, the character will be automatically illuminated by the HDRI, without you having to manually configure any light source. The only thing you'll need to do is rotate the "environment map" until you find the ideal lighting for the scene. When you achieve the ideal, see what rotation you set in and use it to create all the other sprites (leave the camera always fixed too, so the angle is also consistent across all the sprites.).

Like I said, I still have not played your new game, I do not know if that would be viable for you (or if you already do something similar using characters sprites + backgrounds). Anyway, there is a practical suggestion, fast and that have good results.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hello @Boomatica!

I read on another topic that renders take a long time to get ready. I'll give you a suggestion that can serve as a solution for time-consuming renders and allow you to work faster in the game. I've never played your new game, so I do not know how it works, maybe this solution is impractical for you, but I'll leave it here anyway if you're interested:

As renders take a long time to get ready, you can adopt a solution similar to visual novels and use sprites + backgrounds for simple events where the important thing is just to show the girl + facial/body expression + text.

This way you render some key sprites and use them in several different events. For example, if the event is just a conversation in the living room, you reuse background and sprites and do not need to render anything new.

For this solution to work, all sprites and backgrounds need to receive consistent lighting. There is an extremely good and effective solution to this, which will make you get renders quickly:

This site offers different HDRIs that you can use for free for any project (commercial or not):

For the best result, it is recommended to download a medium-contrast HDRI:

1. Having downloaded some of these, you go to the DAZ3D and mount your "scene" (in this case, just a character in front of a transparent background.) Make the character face the camera and delete all light sources (turn off camera headlamp too).

2. In the "iray render" options, go to "Environment", click "Environment map", and choose the medium contrast HDRI you saved.

3. In this way, the character will be automatically illuminated by the HDRI, without you having to manually configure any light source. The only thing you'll need to do is rotate the "environment map" until you find the ideal lighting for the scene. When you achieve the ideal, see what rotation you set in and use it to create all the other sprites (leave the camera always fixed too, so the angle is also consistent across all the sprites.).

Like I said, I still have not played your new game, I do not know if that would be viable for you (or if you already do something similar using characters sprites + backgrounds). Anyway, there is a practical suggestion, fast and that have good results.
Thanks for the info TK, I appreciate it!

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes