Ren'Py Private Dick [v0.1.3] [Cisco Donovan]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
Really like the look of this and I love Noir.
But playing on PC isn't an option for me, will there be an Android port?

cisco_donovan

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
Really like the look of this and I love Noir.
But playing on PC isn't an option for me, will there be an Android port?
Tbh I'm still not sure. I'm a bit worried about the maintenance overhead if I take it on.

I do plan to do a test at some point and see how it works. I'll report back here when I do it.

Reactions: Halbyn

cisco_donovan

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
Posting here with some project news!

I've just released to and a Kickstarter demo. This is basically the 0.0.12 release but with Kickstarter branding and a slightly refined introduction (ie, less talking before the good stuff).

I don't really plan to upload that here because a) it's a boring release and b) it gets confusing with version numbers as the demo is a 1.0.0 release. I am open to opinions on this so let me know.

if you want to support the project, there's a Kickstarter pre-signup page available here:

Signing up lets me know you're interested and, when the campaign goes live next week, you'll be the first to know. I would greatly appreciate your support if you are willing and able.

Thanks!

cisco_donovan

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
Good news everyone!!

That's right, you no longer have to sit back and passively enjoy this erotic noir style adventure! You sir, and you ma'am, can now actively contribute towards its development by pre-ordering your digital copy in advance!

In all seriousness, and with respect to other developers, I do not want to start an ever-running patreon which I have to spend half my time promoting. The game is tightly scoped and carefully planned: I just need enough money to commission the rest of the art.

And I know the demo is terrible. I regret many decisions behind it an will blog about this extensively one day. The full game will be a tighter, better story, with, aha, a satisfying finish. Well that's what I plan, anyway.

Also here's the trailer (sound on!)

cisco_donovan

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
how to unren it to insta text-skip?
Pretty much every CG is on Reddit, but honestly man the story will help you enjoy them a lot more.

If you hit tab you can skip pretty quickly to the good stuff. Just make sure skipping is set to Unseen Text in the options.

The gallery will unlock when you've hit the scene for the first time.

cisco_donovan

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
A review or two would help...
I agree! Reviews help me know whether I'm on the right track, whether I should keep putting time and money into this thing. They might even help me make the game better.

Here's an objective review of the game right now. Spoilers, although in the build as it is right now I don't think I'm giving much away.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is a web build on itch.io (see my sig) and I reckon 5 minutes of that will tell you if it's worth a download.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
when unrening it said - no python . /were you saying that i missed some ingame options like on tab or ctrl, i think i tried such as well.

is the game on demo stage so not much content? (or did i click wrong options?)

im not into stories in classic-vn way. i like sandboxess with pulpable scenarios. like when the narrative is more or less clear from visuals, locations, quest chains & hints (usually walkthroughs are the only thing i read), dialogue and interactive options, inventory objects etc ... . the less the 'story' text the more chance of me reading it (somewhat bonus addition if in the mood)
so personally id be interested if u go to that direction

cisco_donovan

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
Hi, the new 0.0.14 update brings the soul with a new notebook UI:
notebook-bree.png
And some sauce with a new Roxi sprite (a huge character for Private Dick but only a small role in this demo so far):

roxi-thinking.png

A friendly reminder that the is live (I have very deliberately chosen Kickstarter over Patreon, I think it's the harder but fairer path). We're half way through and I need all the help I can get to bring this game to life.

Thanks all for the nice comments and support so far ️

• Love
Reactions: Srimanta and lTTMl

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
I really like the style and the renders. Love noir.

The third picture looks like some serious investigative Private Dick work going on. :coffee:

• Red Heart
Reactions: cisco_donovan

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
Judging only by the previews, I'm amazed by the artwork! I love this style!!! :love:

This style really separates this game from everything else I've seen (it's a lot). Keep doing what you're doing!

• Red Heart
Reactions: cisco_donovan

cisco_donovan

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
Judging only by the previews, I'm amazed by the artwork! I love this style!!! :love:

This style really separates this game from everything else I've seen (it's a lot). Keep doing what you're doing!
Thanks! Maybe you'll take the demo out for a spin?

Reactions: Asmodeus_
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes