1.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
Dude you serious? thats actually funny af. how about you search up your own game on google and tell me "paid access" still prevents piracy.
The problem is not in paid access, but to access the application through a patreon, which does not allow you to distribute it for free

Monk0028

Jan 16, 2019
I usually lurk in the dark around this site, but reading most of these rotten responses, I have to assume that despite the amazing looks and possible content, that it's too good to be true at this very moment. I love the idea that you have here mate, but I feel that after reading most of what is here in response to what is currently in the game, it has had a poor launch to say the least. I heard a fellow say that EA is more Charitable than the Preview you have going here? Well, not to be the downer but... I did recall a poster from earlier in this thread say that more should be shown off to give us the idea what we are supporting or expecting from YOU as a Developer or an overall, Creator. I will be giving this a hard pass and I usually don't listen to the responses from the Comments in Threads because I do like to find out for myself. This one will be one of the first to give it a pass by just reading what little there is in response. I do not intend either to support this Project (As stunning and lovely as it does indeed look!) until there is a more presentable Preview to show us what you can do and what your game has to offer. Take all of our words as Constructive Criticism and not words of hate or degradation. We just like to know what all there is you have to offer or what is in the current Project so we can support and fund the works that interest us! I do wish you the best, and hope it does indeed flourish into a thriving Project!

P.S. If you DO happen to release a better Preview, i'll read the responses from here, and if I do like it... i'll eat my words and support the Project!

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
Project Elera I've corrected the tags on the game as the tags should reflect what is available in the game now for free users. Please let me know if I've missed any? Thanks
Yes, everything is right. Thank you!
The topic’s issue disappeared, with the advent of a new free scene( Is it possible to return this update?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Yes, everything is right. Thank you!
The topic’s issue disappeared, with the advent of a new free scene( Is it possible to return this update?
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question?

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question?
The last update is lost, I incomprehensibly wrote, sorry. On Friday, I added a new scene to the public.
Perhaps this is after the change of tags? :unsure:

Last edited:

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
The last update is lost, I incomprehensibly wrote, sorry. On Friday, I added a new scene to the public.
Perhaps this is after the change of tags? :unsure:
Ahh, OK. I put it back where it was on Latest Updates now. Thank you for explaining.

Reactions: Project Elera

alrdlady

May 20, 2017
Props to you, developer, for dealing with these debbie-downers without lashing out. I understand where you're coming from using this premium system, and I don't blame you.

What you can tell from the free version at this point is that there's already some quite impressive tech in the game, and you've seemingly just started out. That's what people should take away from this, that it has great potential, and that's the reason they might want to support you.

Keep doing what you're doing and the negativity will soon disperse once more conent is available.
Great work!

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
I am not being a "Debbie downer" (you showed your age there ma'am.)
It is just many here are annoyed that the demo is FULL sized BUT, it only has 20% of what is listed.
AND before anyone jumps my ass with the "IT IS ONLY A DOLLA!!!!" Patreon is not in every country and a dollar to a man in let's say Russia is not a dollar but more like 12.
Now let's put that aside and address the real reason people are miffed. They are advertising on a KNOWN PIRATING SITE.
That is like if I went to yiff party and said "Pay for this game"
So once again not to be a downer. Just here to state the facts so people will quit attacking each other.
Oh and the last thing, it is also against Patreon's rules to have ANY BEASTY CONTENT. So having this game with a DRM may be safe but, if they get wind of this AT ALL... Well there won't be any game to fuss about afterword anyway.

alrdlady

May 20, 2017
It is just many here are annoyed that the demo is FULL sized BUT, it only has 20% of what is listed.
AND before anyone jumps my ass with the "IT IS ONLY A DOLLA!!!!" Patreon is not in every country and a dollar to a man in let's say Russia is not a dollar but more like 12.
Now let's put that aside and address the real reason people are miffed. They are advertising on a KNOWN PIRATING SITE.
So once again not to be a downer. Just here to state the facts so people will quit attacking each other.
Oh and the last thing, it is also against Patreon's rules to have ANY BEASTY CONTENT. So having this game with a DRM may be safe but, if they get wind of this AT ALL... Well there won't be any game to fuss about afterword anyway.
I just try to use the least offensive wording possible as to not cause any unwarranted aggression, so that we can have a civilized discussion.
I can't say I get what you mean by the monetary issue, I wish to know more if you don't mind.
While this site may be known for piracy, it doesn't mean that people never support any projects posted here. I find it perfectly valid to advertise a protected product, because that's how these projects grow and pick up speed. It seems this has already been cracked from what some have written, but I'm not sure.
Either way, if you don't like the project now, you can always add it to your watchlist and come back later. The developer has promised to open up more animations as it gets bigger, and upon final release make everything free.
Sorry if I'm glossing over a major point, you can just reiterate that to me if you do not mind.

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
I did not say I did not like the game I am just saying the demo is extremely bare bones and showing the scenes in the demo kind of makes it bit misleading is all.
And for the cost thing yes Patreon is in the US, but uses UK banks. The costs are converted from US currency rates.
It is like this: 1 dollar US might be 15 dollars Brazil.
1 dollar US = 30 Russian currency.
Just from that fact many would rather just pirate it and move on. Even more into the subject, Patreon is forbidden in China, South Africa, and other countries like that so those people will pirate because they cannot even get it.
I just find it very odd that to advertise a game and hope it does not get pirated you go to the pirate's bay so to speak. And then say it is locked behind a cover charge, but give the whole game with everything in it but locked behind the paywall. That is like handing them a safe and giving them unlimited amount of time to unlock it.
THAT is what I am completely confused by to be honest.
But hey to each their own. Oh and thanks for not attacking me like so many seem to do these days.
Opinion = Declaration for war.

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
I talked about this with Patreon. The main thing is that everything should not be in the public domain.

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
I'd like to add-on the fact that I've seen many a time where a game promised all content unlocks on release, how many of those actually get there before stalling out, ceasing production, or just outright vanishing?
I can tell you right now it is not many.
I already opened the scene with the addition of a new one.

Anya225

Jun 29, 2017
You seem to misunderstand my comment, two scenes out of how many are there? I'm seeing alot of quotes about this and it doesn't seem to be ever addressed properly so i'll bite, when do you plan to actually release your current choke-hold from 2 scenes to a minimum of 50% of the available scenes?
At this point it's very clear alot of people have made it obvious to you that they are not interested as is, and you don't seem to care but only to reiterate that you have two scenes available several times.

For future note, no I am not attacking you, I legitimately want to know.

site

Sep 9, 2017
After downloading and playing a game from here I always consider supporting the game... if I liked it. But when the available scenes are uninteresting to me, then I lose interest and move on. Which unfortunately is the case with the limited availability here. I feel like if you're trying to get more people interested in your game, then give them something to be interested in, but at least for me, I wasn't interested in the two scenes you offered. I don't mind paying for more content, but I'm just not convinced it would be worth it to me.

1.70 star(s) 6 Votes