1.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Horsie

Apr 27, 2017
My review/rant:

This is a scene/animation gallery. You're presented with a selection of sex scenes, where you can play with several settings, but nothing too big. The animations don't have stages or progression.
The graphics are ok, nothing special, but the animation it's above average.
It reminds a bit of Yiffalicious, but without editor and with a more varied array of characters and worse graphics.
The thing most people will be annoyed by, it's that more than 90% of the content is not available for non-patrons.
Right now, the only two scenes available without paying is a milking pump scene with a MLP character, and an anal sex scene with a human girl and a male orca. Both have most of it's customization options disabled for free users.

The best part of this application is how the programmer had done a really good DRM solution for Patreon software projects. The game doesn't even have the assets for the scenes, and won't download the ones for patrons unless you use the Patreon's authentication system to verify you're a paying patron. If done correctly, all the checks must be server-side, so cracking this would be a very difficult task.
But, there's a problem here: there's not enough content nor interactivity to justify this being software, so I guess all the hard work used on the DRM solution it's useless because any patron using video capture and creating a bunch of MP4 or WebM files to be published somewhere would suffice for almost anyone.

I'm not trying to sabotage this game, but I have a better idea for the developer: Perfect your DRM engine as a standalone product, and distribute it as an easily integrable module for the usual suspects (Unity, Unreal, RenPy). Create a new patreon page for this DRM solution, and make the tiers priced for the amount of "activations", so a small project only needs the 10$ tier, a medium the 25$ one, and a big project 50$ or even more. Then approach creators that use those engines, and show them how your solution can be a good thing that protects them from piracy, and helps integrate the patreon tiers into his software.
I think you'll get more money that way, and if it really works, it may even make you reconsider the way you're pricing Project Elera.

Last edited:

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
Hello everyone and happy halloween! I'm a little gone, here are the latest news and updates on the game
For all:
An open access scene has been added horse pony mating.
Syntax errors fixed
Improved application stability
For patrons from the last update on the forum:
Added two new characters to the centaur and the witch.
Added two new locations of the forest and the witch's house

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
After visiting your Patreon site for a moment, I'll ignore this thread.
If you want to know the exact reasons, just take a look at the price list. This would make sense, if Russian rubles are meant, but 1,000, - ↓ a month? Is this a kind of stealth money laundering?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
If you want to know the exact reasons, just take a look at the price list. This would make sense, if Russian rubles are meant, but 1,000, - ↓ a month? Is this a kind of stealth money laundering?
What are you talking about? All content from $ 1)

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
And scenes that are marked in white in the application are generally free

Ahh, I think I understand that it’s a matter of tiers, I created them a very long time ago and didn’t think that anyone was looking at such amounts)

Last edited:

ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Jan 22, 2018
I don't think the dev should be able to post screenshots from content that is behind a paywall and isn't part of the game that's in the OP. Control of the thread thread should be transferred.
Yeah, I thought it was against the rules, no?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Literally nobody cares, just FYI
waiting for "lol you cared enough to reply xd"

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Yeah, I thought it was against the rules, no?
Its against the rules to include tags that aren't in the game, however I have seen nothing that says the same about screenshots. Of course the latter isn't usually ever a issue as most devs are you know, not like this on Patreon. The few games that do include renders that aren't in the games are almost always just pinups for characters, and not a case like this where most of the content is paywalled. I don't see a reason as to why they should be allowed to do one but not the other however. People use tags to search for games, so the logic there is that users shouldn't be able to search for tags that aren't in the game as its misleading and would be a waste of time for said user. Screenshots are next in line for almost all users in the decision to download the game, so putting in screenshot that are locked behind a paywall that will come out to the public god knows when is almost just as misleading and a waste of time. I guess that's where the moderator warning comes in in the OP, as this isn't a usual situation. bas Is it possible for you to clear things up here a little?

I'm of the opinion that if its not already against the rules, it should be. I'm all for game developers to earn money off their hard work, if they don't then we simply will have less adult games and that's undesirable. This project however, rubs me the wrong way.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Its against the rules to include tags that aren't in the game, however I have seen nothing that says the same about screenshots. Of course the latter isn't usually ever a issue as most devs are you know, not like this on Patreon. The few games that do include renders that aren't in the games are almost always just pinups for characters, and not a case like this where most of the content is paywalled. I don't see a reason as to why they should be allowed to do one but not the other however. People use tags to search for games, so the logic there is that users shouldn't be able to search for tags that aren't in the game as its misleading and would be a waste of time for said user. Screenshots are next in line for almost all users in the decision to download the game, so putting in screenshot that are locked behind a paywall that will come out to the public god knows when is almost just as misleading and a waste of time. I guess that's where the moderator warning comes in in the OP, as this isn't a usual situation. bas Is it possible for you to clear things up here a little?

I'm of the opinion that if its not already against the rules, it should be. I'm all for game developers to earn money off their hard work, if they don't then we simply will have less adult games and that's undesirable. This project however, rubs me the wrong way.
That's the reasoning behind the warning I put in the OP. Honestly, I think it's a great way to ensure that you alienate your potential players but it's not my game. It doesn't break any specific rules, and with the warning I can't say that I see a reason to try and have a rule changed.

Again, I feel like it hurts the dev and the game, but if the dev wants it in the OP *shrug*.

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019

You are right, this is not entirely correct on my part, I fixed the screenshots and wrote an explanation in the description.

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
That's the reasoning behind the warning I put in the OP. Honestly, I think it's a great way to ensure that you alienate your potential players but it's not my game. It doesn't break any specific rules, and with the warning I can't say that I see a reason to try and have a rule changed.

Again, I feel like it hurts the dev and the game, but if the dev wants it in the OP *shrug*.
Corrected

Reactions: bas

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
So... You've got a game in a very early stage and You already put most of its content behind a paywall. Well as much as I would like to check this out I think I will pass. You shouldn't kill Your project like this, even if You need a support, You should wait a little longer.

Monk0028

Jan 16, 2019
So... You've got a game in a very early stage and You already put most of its content behind a paywall. Well as much as I would like to check this out I think I will pass. You shouldn't kill Your project like this, even if You need a support, You should wait a little longer.
Very. Well. Said.

Many of us have been reasonable with our suggestions and advice, maybe some of us have been outright no filter and I suppose I don't blame them. We have been giving feedback, suggestions and advice, however it seems that is very ineffective. I have been watching this Thread obviously, but again, no matter how much this does appeal to me for said content... well... No thanks. Sorry, this has lost a lot of appeal for me even if the Situation at hand improves.

Again, I do wish you the best of luck, please listen to your watchers before it's too late.

Cyril Kain

Jun 21, 2019
I agree with so many others: this is less a demo and more a proof of concept for free players. More than 90% of it is locked behind a pay wall. A few of the other scenes unlocked for free players would see more interest in this. Instead, we're given an orca banging a broad and ponies, and we've had that since the start. No expansion as more scenes are put in for us free players makes it feel like the creator is saying, 'pay me or screw off!' I'm not asking for every scene, just another one other than the two alpha scenes.

For now, this is a hard pass. A few more scenes for free, to show more than ponies and a land/marine mammal pairing, would bring more people in.

Project Elera

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2019
From the latest update:
For all:
Added a new free scene "Horse pony Violet"
Improved application stability
Size of scene download
Options of resolution and screen mode
For patreons:
CENTAUR vs Womanllion (NEW)
VR - OCULUS (FOR TEST)
Screenshot_9.png

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
The last image on the header shows tabs labeled 'machin' and 'reptail', I'm assuming this should be machine and reptile.

1.70 star(s) 6 Votes