1.70 star(s) 6 Votes

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Now the scene is under reconstruction, I will replace the woman with an elf or something like that. Patreon against bestiality, they wrote to me about this. I will try as soon as possible to return the scenes with the killer whale to work
Considering what Patreon did with MrDots and DMD, now that you have been spotted by Patreon snoops, you are targeted and they will scrutinize every detail of every release of this game.

Cyril Kain

Jun 21, 2019
Does anyone have a version with all scenes downloaded? I'm not feeling like paying that guy.
No can do. EVER. This guy uses a system where you need your own individual patreon code or else you're stuck with the free scenes, since they are all stored on some sort of cloud server that you need to download the files from and log in to in order to access the patreon scenes. Worst part of this setup is that, if he ever shuts down the server, the game will become dead weight. In a way, it is almost like an MMO, requiring an 'always online' thing.

By far the WORST paywall system seen on this site to date.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
No can do. EVER. This guy uses a system where you need your own individual patreon code or else you're stuck with the free scenes, since they are all stored on some sort of cloud server that you need to download the files from and log in to in order to access the patreon scenes. Worst part of this setup is that, if he ever shuts down the server, the game will become dead weight. In a way, it is almost like an MMO, requiring an 'always online' thing.

By far the WORST paywall system seen on this site to date.
So basically, you are not buying into the game, but renting.
You can lose access to what you have paid for at the developers whim, if they shut it down.
That's pretty lame, and very much not worth investing in.

Last edited:

Cyril Kain

Jun 21, 2019
I said it before, and I'll say it again until Project Elara FINALLY listens: this setup of his/hers is total GARBAGE. Yes, it prevents people from just finding the scenes or whatever and downloading them behind his/her back, but if s/he shuts down the 'server' or just quits, people won't even be able to enjoy what they paid for because of the 'renting service' going down.

I am honestly surprised that s/he gets any money for this game right now, considering the absolutely trash DRM plan. Even if I was the type who could literally wipe my ass with thousand dollar bills everyday and not miss them, I wouldn't shell out any money for this.

EDIT: And the new 'free' scene requires patreon. Figures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xol

XxLolxX1

May 16, 2017
Wow, another one of those devs huh ? Let's release a game with a cancerous DRM on a pirate website to get some easy money without having to put in the work. When I mean work I don't mean coding and making the game I mean developing a trust between the supporters and the creator(s), the big patreon devs out there are big because their supporters have trust in them and they developped that trust over the years by constantly releasing new updates ( some monthly some yearly HMM DarkCookie HMM ) and not by putting bullshit DRMs. Most of the games I bought or the creators I supported were games that I played before paying for them so why should I invest in something I have no idea how good it is ? I honestly don't care how good it will be in the future since that's just words, which can't be proved since we can't check for ourselves if the game is as good as it looks because of this garbage DRM.

I've supported many games wether it's on Steam, DLsite or even Patreon by trying games that didn't look very interesting at first but I ended up loving them so I ended up supporting the devs. Sadly you won't get my support by pulling shit like this, I don't support greed wether it's from AAA studios or indie devs and the excuse that you need money to eat is not my problem, many indie devs on patreon need to eat and don't pull the shit you're pulling so don't use that excuse it makes you look even more dishonest.

I'm really curious do you think that the devs from WildLife would make more money by implementing a cancerous online only DRM like yours ?

Jul 14, 2017
yall funny as shit,i comb through the messages expecting maybe a change in behavior but it just kept getting worse but yeah paywall behind incomplete content is well... lame I mean you not zell23 and you gotta get money some how but for something like this its probably gonna end up like lyanna from game of thrones... rekt

Reactions: madmax20 and Xol

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Normally I'd feel bad about a dev getting BTFOed this hard over something they put real work into. But the way the paywall works is just flat out unacceptable. The part of me that had trust in the decency of the human heart died a while ago, so I'm calling that as soon as the patron money starts to dry up, the dev will just abandon everything and it's lost forever.

Cyril Kain

Jun 21, 2019
Wow, another one of those devs huh ? Let's release a game with a cancerous DRM on a pirate website to get some easy money without having to put in the work. When I mean work I don't mean coding and making the game I mean developing a trust between the supporters and the creator(s), the big patreon devs out there are big because their supporters have trust in them and they developped that trust over the years by constantly releasing new updates ( some monthly some yearly HMM DarkCookie HMM ) and not by putting bullshit DRMs. Most of the games I bought or the creators I supported were games that I played before paying for them so why should I invest in something I have no idea how good it is ? I honestly don't care how good it will be in the future since that's just words, which can't be proved since we can't check for ourselves if the game is as good as it looks because of this garbage DRM.

I've supported many games wether it's on Steam, DLsite or even Patreon by trying games that didn't look very interesting at first but I ended up loving them so I ended up supporting the devs. Sadly you won't get my support by pulling shit like this, I don't support greed wether it's from AAA studios or indie devs and the excuse that you need money to eat is not my problem, many indie devs on patreon need to eat and don't pull the shit you're pulling so don't use that excuse it makes you look even more dishonest.

I'm really curious do you think that the devs from WildLife would make more money by implementing a cancerous online only DRM like yours ?
Where is the 'standing ovation' button? You need a few of them.

nanajosh

Jul 18, 2017

Not just the guys from WildLife but also the devs of Future Fragments.
Here's their views on piracy:
Generally people fall into three categories when it comes to piracy;
  • Have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, it's not to their taste, so they don't support it.
  • Have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, enjoy it lots, but they don't support it anyways or they're waiting for a final release.
  • Have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, enjoy it lots, end up supporting it.
Situations 1 and 2 are no loss to us, because they wouldn't have supported it anyways, and situation #3 just means we gained another pledge/supporter thanks to piracy. It's a complete win/win for us.

There's one more remaining situation, in that someone is interested in your game PRIOR to playing it, but then they pirate it and they feel it's not deserving of your money, and that's mainly on you, as the developer, to make your game better so that situations of that nature are few and far between. If someone's initially interested from your screenshots, description, and videos or animations, and you still lose their interest after trying it out, then that's definitely on you, the dev.

So going from that, our general thoughts with piracy are;
  • There's no point in fighting it, because it's unwinnable and just a huge waste of effort/time especially if we were to do it for every monthly demo
  • Some people are in parts of the world or in situations where they simply can't use Patreon to get the latest build, and we want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy our games (legally, of course, we don't want anyone underage or getting arrested for playing them due to their country's laws!
  • Piracy is a neutral or a win situation for us for the monthly demos, exceptionally rarely is it a loss
That said, we would like to ask that when the full version's out, people do hold off on pirating it at least for a month or so, because that's when the majority of sales are made, and while we're not trying to be greedy, we do want to continue to make games of this nature and quality and to do that we need a lot of money to afford said assets and to keep us going.
It's a bit long but this is how indie devs do marketing properly and why I started supporting them. If you are dedicated to your craft and willing to share it with people they will be willing to support it. As you said consistent updates and transparency goes a long way.

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
It's always interesting when all the fishes are swimming away from bad practices like DRM and then you see the one fish swimming upstream towards it. Usually gives away the person who is trying to capitalize the most using it.

• Haha
Reactions: madmax20 and atur

Monk0028

Jan 16, 2019
So... has this even gotten even a little bit better? Judging by the recent comments, probably not. A shame, it looks really good, but... the execution of how this game is being presented is a bloody mess. The handling of this situation seems to have been handled even more poorly it seems. And it seems like many people before me have stated legit points and criticism, to which have fallen on deaf ears. If the Dev can't understand what we are trying to convey, then what should I expect if I support this Project?

In short, never happening. Best of luck still, you might need it.

1.70 star(s) 6 Votes