Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I just want to point out that I think some of you guys are overestimating the scope of the project, it's not going to be a huge open world like The Division or Dying Light, with tons of characters and a 12 hours storyline.

The map itself will be fairly contained and procedurally generated for the most part, with manual inclusions of landscape props and buildings, there will be different areas and different landscapes (open areas, like the one shown; industrial outposts, like Hadley's Hope from Aliens; underground monster "nests" area, like the bottom part of the map of his 2D sidescroller), but the overall world will be "small", the Dev has stated around 1Km square, the quality and the gameplay mechanics are what this project is currently focusing on, with an explicit attention to keep some doors open for future content, if the reception is good.

So, do not expect the impossibility of a complete AAA game right off the bat, it will have content, as much as he can cram in it with the time and money he has, he is aware of his limitations; what you can expect is good gameplay and features, the great content expansions will be added later on, once the game foundations are solid enough to give a solid gameplay experience.

Reactions: rndomniyhuila

Anarchist1992

Apr 10, 2021
cant even get out of the repeated rooms, been searching around to get out, turned the power on, got all the keys i could find. i just need to get back to the base. purchases seems weird too.

peteyone1

Mar 20, 2019
cant even get out of the repeated rooms, been searching around to get out, turned the power on, got all the keys i could find. i just need to get back to the base. purchases seems weird too.
You're suppose to open a door to a boss which is located further below, The shop wasnt finished so you cant get stuff there.

Anarchist1992

Apr 10, 2021
You're suppose to open a door to a boss which is located further below, The shop wasnt finished so you cant get stuff there.
already killed the dude while spamming stamina boosts and dodges, turned the power back on and still cant seem to get out. perhaps a mini map would help in the future?

peteyone1

Mar 20, 2019
uhhhh the thing is, this one's on complete halt. The Dev's Harddrive broke so no updates from this one sadly....
He's doing a new third person build tho.

Daedolis

Sep 26, 2018
Procedural generation only gets you so far, he's going to either have to model things like buildings, items, props, etc himself still, or buy premade items from an asset store. The former is the better choice, but asset creation takes a long time, especially for 3D games. Sooner or later he's going to have to hire a modeller or it really will be in development hell.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Procedural generation only gets you so far, he's going to either have to model things like buildings, items, props, etc himself still, or buy premade items from an asset store. The former is the better choice, but asset creation takes a long time, especially for 3D games. Sooner or later he's going to have to hire a modeller or it really will be in development hell.
He will model the assets by himself like he did for his previous project. The procedural generation is only to help him to make the terrain/landscape and such.

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
I think he's asking for the new game but theres no public build yet.
There's a Patreon build on Kemono though. You can get the June one

EDIT: I'm wrong, the GDrive link requires permission to use :( but at least the Kemono page has some snippets of H scenes etc which is cool

Last edited:

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
There's a Patreon build on Kemono though. You can get the June one

EDIT: I'm wrong, the GDrive link requires permission to use :( but at least the Kemono page has some snippets of H scenes etc which is cool
basically its for patreons only since he mentioned 'add patreon name'

Reactions: Artix0

( Y )

Sep 12, 2021
[...] The reality is that creating a game this complex takes time (a lot of examples out there), expecially if you are solo, he's making progress [...]
In that you are right.

Damn, I leave this thread for a while and it turns into a discussion.

I recognize that this developer has achieved a lot on his own, do you want to see a real milking?
Head over to the "Pure Onyx" game thread and you'll see what a real milker is.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes