• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

anon241

Nov 30, 2017
On hold actually, the Dev has planned to resume development after his current project is completed (you can find info about it around this thread)
I thought Project Elimination (the sidescroller) was abandoned, Section 7 was on hold and Project Elimination: Rebuild is currently being worked on? Are you saying he's planning to finish the sidescroller too?

Reactions: Mr.Shark

Rapatapa

Nov 23, 2018
I thought Project Elimination (the sidescroller) was abandoned, Section 7 was on hold and Project Elimination: Rebuild is currently being worked on? Are you saying he's planning to finish the sidescroller too?
I think it's one of those cases "Yeah... I'll work on this later... for sure."
10 years later, you'll see that same dev with over 20 unfinished games.
"So yeah guys, I'm gonna start a new project, the last one didn't push me that well... But I feel like this one will be H.U.G.E, trust me! It's gonna be Forbidden Project E: Section of Elimination 7"

May 25, 2017
No, he's still working on Rebuild. As far as he's said, the 2.5D platformer has been abandoned because hard drive failure destroyed most of his data.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
No, he's still working on Rebuild. As far as he's said, the 2.5D platformer has been abandoned because hard drive failure destroyed most of his data.
That is old news.
Due to popular demand he has stated that the sidescroller would likely be reactivated as its own project in the future.

To clarify there are 3 projects that we've seen so far:

• Project Unkown (tentative title was "Section 7", this has long since changed)
  • Project Elimination (the 2.5d sidescroller, got nuked in hardware faliure)
  • Project Elimination Rebuild (the current project, tentative title "OPERATION GROUND ZEROES: Sector 101")
since many people wanted the sidescroller, the dev stated that after the completion of Project Elimination Rebuild he's considering reactivating that project using the assets created for the current one, making a it spin-off of the "serie".

Project Unkown and Project Elimination Rebuild will share the same world, while Project Elimination will be it's own game sharing some of the assets

Because of this, Project Elimination Rebuild has been renamed to Project Extermination to avoid overlapping and the use of the "rebuild" suffix.

TL/DR In the end, the current state of things is the following:

• Project Unkown (on hold; Horror / Survival Horror; waiting for bigger and more stable budget)
  • Project Extermination (active; Action / Survival Horror; tentative title "OPERATION GROUND ZEROES: Sector 101"; planned release date: August-15-2023, content will be expanded with updates after that date)
  • Project Elimination (on hold; Side Scroller / Survival Horror, Tentative title "The Forbidden Planet"; pending reactivation after Project Extermination is completed)
Note: all the aforementioned Projects are targeted toward an adult audience and have NSFW events as a core part of gameplay. The plan is also to release a SFW version, available in the mainstream platforms (likely Steam) and will be patchable to the NSFW version.

it's way less confusing than it looks, trust me :ROFLMAO:

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
It's too bad, the dev has a ton of talent but seems unable to focus that talent on one game and finish it. Instead of 1 finished project there are 3 that will probably never be finished and a year from now I expect #4. A side scroller is more realistic for a one man dev due to the more limited scope, but now that he's committed to trying to build an entire 3rd person Unreal Engine looter-shooter-H game by himself, I'm not going to hold my breath till its done. I like being alive.

It reminds me of the System Shock remake on kickstarter a few years ago. Devs wanted to remake a classic game and got lots of support. Then they decided they didn't want to just remake it but also add their own new stuff to it. Then they decided to throw it all in the trash can and make their own game instead. Focus on one thing and finish it instead of getting crippled by scope/feature creep.

Reactions: MoreNow

( Y )

Sep 12, 2021
[...] Focus on one thing and finish it instead of getting crippled by scope/feature creep.
Yeah, there's no denying that this sucks.
I just hope that his work doesn't become a "Pure Onyx", without a doubt this developer is far above the others, it would be a shit to see him disappear for actions like that.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
According to a reply on discord the first build will be (or maybe publicly) released on 2023. Can anyone confirm? Its been buried in the discord chat and I can't find the message anymore

Edit: I meant the latest project by the way

May 25, 2017
That is old news.
Due to popular demand he has stated that the sidescroller would likely be reactivated as its own project in the future.

To clarify there are 3 projects that we've seen so far:

• Project Unkown (tentative title was "Section 7", this has long since changed)
  • Project Elimination (the 2.5d sidescroller, got nuked in hardware faliure)
  • Project Elimination Rebuild (the current project, tentative title "OPERATION GROUND ZEROES: Sector 101")
since many people wanted the sidescroller, the dev stated that after the completion of Project Elimination Rebuild he's considering reactivating that project using the assets created for the current one, making a it spin-off of the "serie".

Project Unkown and Project Elimination Rebuild will share the same world, while Project Elimination will be it's own game sharing some of the assets

Because of this, Project Elimination Rebuild has been renamed to Project Extermination to avoid overlapping and the use of the "rebuild" suffix.

TL/DR In the end, the current state of things is the following:

• Project Unkown (on hold; Horror / Survival Horror; waiting for bigger and more stable budget)
  • Project Extermination (active; Action / Survival Horror; tentative title "OPERATION GROUND ZEROES: Sector 101"; planned release date: August-15-2023, content will be expanded with updates after that date)
  • Project Elimination (on hold; Side Scroller / Survival Horror, Tentative title "The Forbidden Planet"; pending reactivation after Project Extermination is completed)
Note: all the aforementioned Projects are targeted toward an adult audience and have NSFW events as a core part of gameplay. The plan is also to release a SFW version, available in the mainstream platforms (likely Steam) and will be patchable to the NSFW version.

it's way less confusing than it looks, trust me :ROFLMAO:
Oh damn this is news to me. This is certainly interesting information.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
According to a reply on discord the first build will be (or maybe publicly) released on 2023. Can anyone confirm? Its been buried in the discord chat and I can't find the message anymore

Edit: I meant the latest project by the way
If you mean release version 1.0 and official release, yes, release date is set for August 2023 (see my post above).

The proof of concept free demo should arrive in a month or two...the Dev is currently working on the last tasks:
  • main menu
  • 2 npcs (1 is already done: the officer and mission giver; attached is a picture taken from the WIP channel of the Discord server)
  • a portion of the main map (this will probably be the last time consuming thing to do before the build drops, since some assets will have to be built).

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I just want to add another thing:

I see this widespread idea that the Dev is unable to focus on one project...I think that this is pretty much unfounded: consider that he has been active for 2 years (Patreon started on August 2020), in this time he has "changed his mind" only once, since the second time he was more due to the HDD detonation.

When he put the original project (PU) on ice was due to the sensible choice to set the bar lower until he had enough patrons & budget, otherwise the project would not have been what he wanted to...

Now, after the mess with the hardware failiure, while he was rebuilding his stuff the project evolved in what it is today and the whole switch to 2.5D sidescroller to third person 3D was after something like a week worth of discussions on Discord...so it was actually an informed choice from a big chunk of patrons...quite frankly that is part of the creative process and should be happening...same thing is happening for other things like the lore or the aestetics of the charactes, it's been worked on.

Now he's focusing on one project, has set releases dates, updates on Patreon are twice a month, on Discord he's active and showing his progress on the WIP channell...so when you say he cannot focus on one project I really don't know what your are talking about...it seems more like an uninformed feeling that people have...

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
I just want to add another thing:

I see this widespread idea that the Dev is unable to focus on one project...I think that this is pretty much unfounded: consider that he has been active for 2 years (Patreon started on August 2020), in this time he has "changed his mind" only once, since the second time he was more due to the HDD detonation.

When he put the original project (PU) on ice was due to the sensible choice to set the bar lower until he had enough patrons & budget, otherwise the project would not have been what he wanted to...

Now, after the mess with the hardware failiure, while he was rebuilding his stuff the project evolved in what it is today and the whole switch to 2.5D sidescroller to third person 3D was after something like a week worth of discussions on Discord...so it was actually an informed choice from a big chunk of patrons...quite frankly that is part of the creative process and should be happening...same thing is happening for other things like the lore or the aestetics of the charactes, it's been worked on.

Now he's focusing on one project, has set releases dates, updates on Patreon are twice a month, on Discord he's active and showing his progress on the WIP channell...so when you say he cannot focus on one project I really don't know what your are talking about...it seems more like an uninformed feeling that people have...
so... did he plan to work on this current project from the start but he couldn't bcoz there were few patrons? :unsure: by the way....:BootyTime: loved those animations in project unknown

Feb 11, 2020
so... did he plan to work on this current project from the start but he couldn't bcoz there were few patrons? :unsure: by the way....:BootyTime: loved those animations in project unknown
Project Unknown (the first game, 3rd person survival horror) was the one he was working on, he put that one on pause because he doesn't have the means (money and patrons) to make it to the standard he'd like.

Project Elimination (2.5 sidescroller) was supposed to be the temporary game to get him a bit of an income and so people would know of him. This one got destroyed in the HDD failure.

Project Extermination (Current one) after the hard drive failure, he discussed it with his patreons on whether to continue with/rebuild the sidescroller or make the 3rd person game. Ultimately the decision was to make the 3rd person game.

May 25, 2017
Project Unknown (the first game, 3rd person survival horror) was the one he was working on, he put that one on pause because he doesn't have the means (money and patrons) to make it to the standard he'd like.
inb4 anyone says "lol patreon money leeching", the dev wants to make PU a pretty big game. Like Aliens: Isolation is the comparison I think he used. That definitely won't be possible in a reasonable time frame without prior funding, which led to Project Elimination.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes