Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I might've got my wires crossed, but is and collaborating together on this project or do they just share similar "artistic tastes" ? It's been a long week and I'm not firing on all cylinders presently, lol.
Here

• Sad
Reactions: DustyX

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Cheers Alket, shame things didn't go in a more positive direction.

Btw, apologies if this was addressed elsewhere but are you "Mr Matt Tsung" or you helping with the project? Just putting the good word out there or...? xD

I mean, idk what your role is but ye doing a good job here answering questions and the like so keep up the good work, lol.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Cheers Alket, shame things didn't go in a more positive direction.

Btw, apologies if this was addressed elsewhere but are you "Mr Matt Tsung" or you helping with the project? Just putting the good word out there or...? xD

I mean, idk what your role is but ye doing a good job here answering questions and the like so keep up the good work, lol.
I'm one of the admins of his community on Discord and I help Matt with QA, feature testing, balancing, planning, concepting and (in the future) translation/broken english corrections...I'm not alone in this, there is an internal testing circle that helps him when he needs with these tasks; Matt is the only developer of the project and he does all the actual development himself.

I also help with "PR" outside of Patreon, like here on F95, there is a thread also on ULMF and when the PoC will be ready we'll probably hit Reddit...

Feb 18, 2019
you don't have to grab anything from the shop, the gun is already in your inventory and the baton is at your feet when you first spawn, open the inventory (ESC - Inventory) and equip the weapons from there with Q, use F to switch between them; read "how to control" txt for more details
I'll try it, thanks!!!

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Let me guess... deepest parts of some caves gonna look like this? :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, fleshy hives are confirmed to be a thing, planned to be expecially common in the caves infested by non humanoid enemies.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Yes, fleshy hives are confirmed to be a thing, planned to be expecially common in the caves infested by non humanoid enemies
Any word on whether environmental hazards will be a thing in such environments? Like goopy puddles to get stuck in, hanging tentacles to snare character (not necessarily to go beyond simple snaring) while enemies bull rush the restrained MC for example?

Focaboor

Jun 1, 2022
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but is the multiple playable characters thing going to allow for AI partners to follow you around? Section 7's sandbox mode had an option to spawn duplicates of yourself that could actually fight fairly competently.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Any word on whether environmental hazards will be a thing in such environments? Like goopy puddles to get stuck in, hanging tentacles to snare character (not necessarily to go beyond simple snaring) while enemies bull rush the restrained MC for example?
Not yet, there are talks regarding "living walls" and tentacles, but the function that those will have is not yet defined.
When that segment will enter development we'll have a lot of surprises I hope...but remember, this game is being made by a solo dev, every new feature, regardless of its complexity, will push back the release, the game is created with modularity in mind to allow such content to be released even after the official launch...so some smaller things might be pushed after the release date...

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but is the multiple playable characters thing going to allow for AI partners to follow you around? Section 7's sandbox mode had an option to spawn duplicates of yourself that could actually fight fairly competently.
There will be enemies/allies in outpost and random encounters, with an AI capable of defending itself; as for actual followers, its planned for you to have a team, but not to have multiple characters on the field at the same time, unless it's a rescue mission...but it's too early to tell...

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Aah, enemies as in, human enemies? Hopefully ones that can "capture" the player? ;)
Yes, other PMCs, government troops and maybe unaffiliated raiders: these will serve as high tier encounters, but it's not clear the amount of NSFW content that they will be involved in (beside cross-encounters with the mutants), there is not a lot of (if any) human-to-human stuff planned as of now.

CokeRoke

Oct 18, 2022
Yes, other PMCs, government troops and maybe unaffiliated raiders: these will serve as high tier encounters, but it's not clear the amount of NSFW content that they will be involved in (beside cross-encounters with the mutants), there is not a lot of (if any) human-to-human stuff planned as of now.
How much does the developer pay you?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Guys,is there any video about this game in the rule 34?
None that I'm aware of...

How much does the developer pay you?
Nothing, I like his stuff and I want him to succeed at it, so in my free time I help by handling the forums and the community...my reward will be the complete game.

for now not enjoyable because
not well optimised
it's empty world with zombie
no weapon to kill for your life safe
need lot of patch
Well, ok for the optimisation and empty world part (since you know, alpha and all...); but what about the weapon? there are 2 weapons, a melee baton and a pistol...do you need help equipping or managing those? if something is not clear feel free to ask :)

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Little of what you can expect from cave exploration...

disclaimer as always: stuff in development and subject to changes, expecially in the lighting department, still wip (the atv model is very wip, of course xD)

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
Little of what you can expect from cave exploration...

disclaimer as always: stuff in development and subject to changes, expecially in the lighting department, still wip (the atv model is very wip, of course xD)
That water in the end looks quite deep... just don't tell me there will be underwater swimming in the dark narrow caves :eek:

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes