Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
when is the next update expected?
Updates are twice a month, new versions "when are ready". Next one will be the PoC (Proof of Concept), was expected for December/January, but was late due to a change in feature showcase and was replaced by the PPoC (Pre-PoC)...yes, Matt loves complicated naming schemes...
There is no real ETA for the next version, but the progress is steady and a lot of the environment interaction (animations like narrow space movement, cover, parkour and vehicle systems) and models, which are the last thing truly missing, are being quickly developed as you can see from the updates.

The PoC wants to be as complete as possible, after that is just filling the world with stuff...

ssbladex

Feb 23, 2018
So, the night never ends or is this some kinda of bug? If does, how long it takes? I waited for, like, an hour and day never comes back! BTW, really nice game! It's really something else, hope you have success in this!

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I'd be more worried about the spiders
Two decades of gaming............ spiders still give me the heebee jeebees. :eek::WutFace:
1677855167585.png

So, the night never ends or is this some kinda of bug? If does, how long it takes? I waited for, like, an hour and day never comes back! BTW, really nice game! It's really something else, hope you have success in this!
No, but the night is rather long in that build, time of day will be properly balanced later...

ssbladex

Feb 23, 2018
No, but the night is rather long in that build, time of day will be properly balanced later...
Oh, okay, not a big deal btw. Thanks for answering. Anyway, I think I found some sort of bug. When there enemies nearby, sometimes, the game don't let me interact with objects or even NPCs, or use to climb things and stuff... I was in the safe zone, and that enemy indicator was permanently activated, I don't know why this happens lol.
Another thing; can you add a HUD size editor? Or something like that. The game even has a 720p resolution, and even the resolution looking fine, the write things are to small... It's just a accessibility tip.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Oh, okay, not a big deal btw. Thanks for answering. Anyway, I think I found some sort of bug. When there enemies nearby, sometimes, the game don't let me interact with objects or even NPCs, or use to climb things and stuff... I was in the safe zone, and that enemy indicator was permanently activated, I don't know why this happens lol.
Another thing; can you add a HUD size editor? Or something like that. The game even has a 720p resolution, and even the resolution looking fine, the write things are to small... It's just a accessibility tip.
There is an HUD bug that affects interaction prompts, sometimes they disappear if a specific sequence of action is performed, you should actually still be able to interact with stuff even without prompt, this issue has been mostly fixed in the last test releases; The HUD itself still needs more work, there is an issue of readability if the background is too bright, some issues with the button and mouse integration also, these will be addressed later, as for the accessibility thing regarding size I'll add it to the feedback on discord, because I don't remember anyone mentioning it before...

jdaniels

Oct 8, 2018
I see her getting pounded against the wall in one of the screeenshots, but I can't seem to get that animation in game?

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
I see her getting pounded against the wall in one of the screeenshots, but I can't seem to get that animation in game?
Unless I'm lucking out (or unlucky? idk), whenever the H-scenes start you're gonna get 1 of 2 different positions, either her getting railed over a box or pressed up against the wall.

There's some variation I've noticed in both [when pressed against the wall she'll sometimes raise her hands up above her head for example] but ultimately it looks like there's only the 2 main H-scenes followed by a BJ then conclusion.

Which one plays is also randomized.

jdaniels

Oct 8, 2018
Unless I'm lucking out (or unlucky? idk), whenever the H-scenes start you're gonna get 1 of 2 different positions, either her getting railed over a box or pressed up against the wall.

There's some variation I've noticed in both [when pressed against the wall she'll sometimes raise her hands up above her head for example] but ultimately it looks like there's only the 2 main H-scenes followed by a BJ then conclusion.

Which one plays is also randomized.
Interesting. I've gotten entirely different animations (aside from BJ which is always there)

jdaniels

Oct 8, 2018
That's fine and all, will there be a gallery of some sort to review scenes we've accessed?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
That's fine and all, will there be a gallery of some sort to review scenes we've accessed?
Yes, the plan is that you will be able to unlock scenes by witnessing them through exploration or first hand with your operator.
If the scene is NPC vs Monster you'll have to kill the monster and "clear the area" to get the scene...if it's your operator getting the action it will be unlocked instantly.

plan subject to changes as always

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
The Project Unknown Section 7 had way much more cooler and nice H scene the this one....
I liked also the Project elimination the forbidden planet i dont know why he stopped both products...
I hope he will improve H animations in this New Game as For now they are so bad : l
As it's been said already - dev wanna focus on finishing the game as "game" first, and only then add all "funny" stuff.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Matto's cave stuff is proceeding:
  • Cave environment generation consolidated into a tool: caves can now be generated quickly & dynamically by combining pre-built rooms and then only perform minor tweaking;
    • The same system will be recycled for the buildings;
  • Created LODs for smoother loading;
  • (DNSE) in the cave generation tool;
  • Added animations to climb over small obstacles;
  • Fixed various issues with rendering (mainly a FSR glitch) and ragdoll interactions;
  • More stuff that I'm forgetting about;

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Worldbuilding update:
  • Added a " " system, to quickly build vegetation;
  • Added physics to the impacts to allow some of the smaller trees to be ;
  • Added more clutter to the ground, with proper physics interactions;
  • Adjusted vehicle physics to move around the aforementioned obstacles (no proper model for the ATV yet);
Bonus:
  • ;

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
Mar 27, 2022
Will there be only an ATV in the game?
Will the pumping of transport not only in terms of characteristics but also externally?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Will there be only an ATV in the game?
Will the pumping of transport not only in terms of characteristics but also externally?
Sorry, I don't understand the second question, anyway 3 vehicles are planned: ATV, APC, Tank;

ATV: fast, cheap, weak, can carry a little stuff
APC: resilient, expensive, can carry a lot
Tank: it's a tank

You can own only ATV and APC

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes