Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
damn it
oh well makes sense I guess since owning a tank in this kind of game would be overpowered
Will be tied to some scenarios or areas, you will be able to use it, but not bring it back to base...
At least that is the idea, as always, not set in stone yet...

Mar 27, 2022
For example, from the usual version from the store, make a more off-road version with a large amount of transported cargo, fuel
Sorry, I don't understand the second question, anyway 3 vehicles are planned: ATV, APC, Tank;

ATV: fast, cheap, weak, can carry a little stuff
APC: resilient, expensive, can carry a lot
Tank: it's a tank

You can own only ATV and APC

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
For example, from the usual version from the store, make a more off-road version with a large amount of transported cargo, fuel
Oh, so vehicle customization? No, as of now this is not planned, but this will surely be discussed more once the vehicles models will be worked on; also note that the main base of the Operator character will have some sort of garage to store one or more vehicles, so it is feaseable as a feature...

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
imagine h-scene while driving any vehicles :PogChamp:
well, with the crotch huggers (or any other 'clinger-type' enemies), mentioned some time ago in the thread, - wouldn't be too difficult and different from standard animations (same as some enemies are part of gameplay in The Agnietta - Healer and the Cursed Dungeon)

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Rough roadmap and current status:

To summarize, there are 3 phases of PoC, the next build will be dropped when the final phase of PoC build is done.

• PoC Phase 1: the main tasks will be about the cave systems and the forest system;
  • PoC Phase 2: the main tasks will be about the building systems and vehicle systems;
  • PoC Phase 3: the main tasks will be about the 3 new walker enemies, new 1 insect type enemy, enhancing H scene system;
Phase 1&2 are the bulk of worldbuilding, while Phase 3 aims to put some horny life on the map.

Note that there are gonna be several additional tasks for each phase, these will create features that work and enhance the main task, like narrow space movement animation for cramped caves or destructible trees to increase realistic interaction with the forests.
A planned part of this is an update to the combat system, Matto is aiming to have it look as cinematic as possible, this will include the much requested 'seamless transition' for sex scene.
IF possible, Matto also add the first iteration of character creation system and the outfit customization system into OGZ by the next build. The completion progress will move to 55%-60% after dropping this next build.

The PoC build will be officially called "The Introduction" and it's gonna be the first official look of OGZ.

well, with the crotch huggers (or any other 'clinger-type' enemies), mentioned some time ago in the thread, - wouldn't be too difficult and different from standard animations (same as some enemies are part of gameplay in The Agnietta - Healer and the Cursed Dungeon)
Please, keep in mind that the enemies, beside the humanoid walkers, are still in early conceptual phase, so let speculation be speculation and don't get your hopes too up :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
IF possible, Matto also add the first iteration of character creation system and the outfit customization system into OGZ by the next build. The completion progress will move to 55%-60% after dropping this next build.
There is a consistent downside of character creation (shaping to be precise) that always leads to clipping (clothing, interactions, etc.). Honestly, the simplest customization via preshaped presets would be the smartest decision imo. Tho I can't decide for dev, just sounding my conclusions from observing some other games.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
There is a consistent downside of character creation (shaping to be precise) that always leads to clipping (clothing, interactions, etc.). Honestly, the simplest customization via preshaped presets would be the smartest decision imo. Tho I can't decide for dev, just sounding my conclusions from observing some other games.
That is exactly why character creation will be preset-based and not sculpting-based and will probably be limited to a couple of presets for the body, while being more detailed for the face.
The body preset might also be limited by the class of your operator.

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
the outfit customization system
Can you give me a sneak peek on how is it going to be; is it going to be like an option menu where you have tick to choose which part of the outfit that you are wearing is going to be displayed; like enable / disable sleeve (long sleeve to short sleeve to tank top), etc.?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Can you give me a sneak peek on how is it going to be; is it going to be like an option menu where you have tick to choose which part of the outfit that you are wearing is going to be displayed; like enable / disable sleeve (long sleeve to short sleeve to tank top), etc.?
BestICanDo.png

Jokes aside, outfit customization is still being processed, as of know it's possible to change colors to parts of the outfit, but since equipping various weapons, like the Baton in the current build, adds visible attachments to the outfits, that same functionality might be added to specific parts of the outfits, but the system itself is yet to enter development...so for now, colors is confirmed, everything else is speculation.

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
View attachment 2487177

Jokes aside, outfit customization is still being processed, as of know it's possible to change colors to parts of the outfit, but since equipping various weapons, like the Baton in the current build, adds visible attachments to the outfits, that same functionality might be added to specific parts of the outfits, but the system itself is yet to enter development...so for now, colors is confirmed, everything else is speculation.
It's gonna be just variations of "tight suit" I presume. Harness for the equipment would probably stay the same for functionality sake. Would be cool to see something similar to that suit from second game (side-scroller one).

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
It's gonna be just variations of "tight suit" I presume. Harness for the equipment would probably stay the same for functionality sake. Would be cool to see something similar to that suit from second game (side-scroller one).
Don't worry about that, it has been stated multiple times that there will be a plethora of outfits available...

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Idk how "friendly" adapting the system from one to another would be...

But the Squaddie customization from XCOM 2 seems like it'd make for a nice system in this game (note: I have no idea on the logistical feasibility of adapting it from that to this one in terms of coding, animating, etc... just purely going 'on paper' it sounds like an easy enough system to emulate).

I'm tipping that there may be some variance in outfit that leads to in-game benefits (ie: damage reduction, faster run speed, quicker melee strike, etc) but in either instance decking one's character out to look a specific way whether it be purely aesthetics or for in-game function I do like how they tackled that in XCOM.

Again, no idea how practical that may be in this game coding-wise.

Also just me musing out loud.

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Could you please share your hardware specs?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Ram : 16 Gigabyte Ram
Graphic Card : GeForce GT 730 4096 MB

I updated the graphic driver for the card and also slide graphic settings to the left it's manageable now not as worse as I first post.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes