Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Although it's good that the development is focused on gameplay first, I'm slightly worried that h content will feel rather disconnected from everything else and out of place. A lot of times games with good gameplay seem to add the h content just for the sake of it and the content doesn't feel like it belongs there.
Hopefully Matt will prove you wrong

Anolas

Jun 26, 2020
The animations of MC is awesome,more improved than previous section7.Much hope this project go well

Vilemk0

Oct 9, 2017
Guys, this one looks real good. Make sure to subscribe at least once to the to support the developer. It would be a real shame if this thing got dropped.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Equipable items beside weapons are now a thing, first one is a small portable attached to your belt (model is still a placeholder atm).
___

Announcement:

The project is now moving out of Phase 1: cave system, forest/vegetation and base lighting are pretty much done at this point; there are still some issues with ground prop placement (some floating stuff), but those will be fixed later in polishing...some tasks for Phase 2 are already on the way, like the garage for storing vehicles and the quad itself got a lot of polishing, while still lacking an official model.

The release of a Performance Test Build is planned, to gather feedback on how the game run on the many PC configurations out there...this Performance Test Build will focus only on the tasks of Phase 1, it will have 4 caves, a big open area with trees and collectibles, all the improved animations and pretty much all the previews from twitter that I posted here, but no new H-stuff (that's for Phase 3); the purpose will be to "stress test" the engine to see how much performance room there is before adding high-poly building and shit...

Due to the fact that we need as much feedback as possible, this build might be "accidentally" leaked here a couple of days after Patreon release (so around 3/4 days from now)...

Would you guys be willing to test & share your performance experience with this build? we would need you to share your system specs (GPU,CPU,RAM,OS) and your overall FPS & system load while playing the game; if you are uncomfortable with sharing this data here publicly, you can DM me about that (note that the current minimum required GPU is a GTX1070, at 1080p for 50/60FPS in high settings with FSR 2.0 active; anything lower than that might not perform well, the graphics are pretty scalable tho...).

Let me know if you'd like to test this stuff or if u don't give a shit..

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
Equipable items beside weapons are now a thing, first one is a small portable attached to your belt (model is still a placeholder atm).
___

Announcement:

The project is now moving out of Phase 1: cave system, forest/vegetation and base lighting are pretty much done at this point; there are still some issues with ground prop placement (some floating stuff), but those will be fixed later in polishing...some tasks for Phase 2 are already on the way, like the garage for storing vehicles and the quad itself got a lot of polishing, while still lacking an official model.

The release of a Performance Test Build is planned, to gather feedback on how the game run on the many PC configurations out there...this Performance Test Build will focus only on the tasks of Phase 1, it will have 4 caves, a big open area with trees and collectibles, all the improved animations and pretty much all the previews from twitter that I posted here, but no new H-stuff (that's for Phase 3); the purpose will be to "stress test" the engine to see how much performance room there is before adding high-poly building and shit...

Due to the fact that we need as much feedback as possible, this build might be "accidentally" leaked here a couple of days after Patreon release (so around 3/4 days from now)...

Would you guys be willing to test & share your performance experience with this build? we would need you to share your system specs (GPU,CPU,RAM,OS) and your overall FPS & system load while playing the game; if you are uncomfortable with sharing this data here publicly, you can DM me about that (note that the current minimum required GPU is a GTX1070, at 1080p for 50/60FPS in high settings with FSR 2.0 active; anything lower than that might not perform well, the graphics are pretty scalable tho...).

Let me know if you'd like to test this stuff or if u don't give a shit..
Gotta love the "accidentally" on that statement. Anyhow I sure think there will be alot of feedback, this is probably one of the projects that has the best reception I've seen (though I don't go to that many threads, so take it with a grain of salt). at any rate, thanks for the notice in advance.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

burn23

Aug 28, 2021
i5 13600k, RTX 4070, DDR5 6400 CL32 2x16GB, Win11, Game Ready Driver 531.68, 3440x1440 60Hz
Borderless mode, Max settings except vsync off, motion blur off, FSR off

Starting base -
avg ~ 60
99% ~ 53

Down the right ladder fighting -
avg ~ 53
99% ~ 48

Cave -
avg ~ 55
99% ~ 49

Sex scene -
avg ~ 54
99% ~ 48

after sex room -
avg ~ 70
99% ~ 65

Other observations: System specs seem normal when running, around 13% CPU util 99% GPU util, 2700mhz gpu clock 10500 mem clock whole time. Turning to fullscreen mode didn't make much difference, when looking around frames are pretty consistent if a bit stuttery but no massive frame drops looking in particular directions. Depth of field for sex scenes are pretty annoying rn and cover half the girl a lot even on the default cams, hopefully an option to turn it off will come.

Turning AO and Displacement of course improved things dramatically but this was a quick n dirty test and I assume there are other lower end machines to show these settings so I didn't record them. Hope this helps! really loving the game and progress so far. This is kinda my dream game hopefully so let me know if you need any more tests run for this.

Reactions: Alket

Yuuuuuri

Jan 5, 2018
i5 13600k, RTX 4070, DDR5 6400 CL32 2x16GB, Win11, Game Ready Driver 531.68, 3440x1440 60Hz
Borderless mode, Max settings except vsync off, motion blur off, FSR off

Starting base -
avg ~ 60
99% ~ 53

Down the right ladder fighting -
avg ~ 53
99% ~ 48

Cave -
avg ~ 55
99% ~ 49

Sex scene -
avg ~ 54
99% ~ 48

after sex room -
avg ~ 70
99% ~ 65

Other observations: System specs seem normal when running, around 13% CPU util 99% GPU util, 2700mhz gpu clock 10500 mem clock whole time. Turning to fullscreen mode didn't make much difference, when looking around frames are pretty consistent if a bit stuttery but no massive frame drops looking in particular directions. Depth of field for sex scenes are pretty annoying rn and cover half the girl a lot even on the default cams, hopefully an option to turn it off will come.

Turning AO and Displacement of course improved things dramatically but this was a quick n dirty test and I assume there are other lower end machines to show these settings so I didn't record them. Hope this helps! really loving the game and progress so far. This is kinda my dream game hopefully so let me know if you need any more tests run for this.
unity/unreal games are terrible to determine pc specs quality

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
4.40 star(s) 21 Votes