Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

cutiepod

Jan 9, 2019
Anyone else getting zombies at the safezone?
Enemies from afar walk like they're from powerpoint slides.
Also the vehicle disappears when I entered deep into the cave.

Edit: Also got an error code waiting for the next supply timer.

Processor: Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 32gbs (16x2) 3200mhz CL16
CPU Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 (Overclocked)
Storage: 2 NVME running at 3.0, 3 SSDs, 1 HDD Cold storage
250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 500GB WD Black SN750 | 1TB WD Blue SA500 | 2x Samsung 860 EVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum Rated

Last edited:
Reactions: Alket

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Are there multiple outfits and hair styles in the performance phase one build?
Not yet, the build focuses on exterior's environments.

250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 500GB WD Black SN750 | 1TB WD Blue SA500 | 2x Samsung 860 EVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Sometimes the monster spawns in the safezone, the spawn trigger is pretty lax still, since the whole structure is a placeholder...
Enemies far away have pretty strong LODs to safe performance, so yes, they might seem silly xD
Be careful to "register" the vehicle in the "garage" (the platform next to it), the unregistered vehicle despawns at 200 m, the registered one should not despawn (but the whole vehicle system is still very beta)

thanks for the bug report

Nice, still no save option?
And where's the ATV?
Nope, in this build is disabled for everybody, to avoid errors and corruption due to some items being not yet defined.
The ATV should be down the ladder on your right, when you spawn :)

Yolodude1234

Mar 3, 2018
little question (since i can't find an anwser ) , are the in game h scene been fixed or there are only the "game over" scene yet

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
little question (since i can't find an anwser ) , are the in game h scene been fixed or there are only the "game over" scene yet
Both, no actual gameover (unless you decide to respawn after being downed or fall from one of the buildings), the scenes are transitioned to another area tho, seamless and in place scenes will be added with Phase 3

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017

Tested and apparently is an UI issue with the number 00:00:00 xD, thanks for helping with identifying this one

lolproglad

May 12, 2018
Whoopsie daisy, butterfingers!
Appreciate your clumsiness!

A bit of testing data and feedback in return:
Machine: i7-11700KF, RTX 3070, 32Gb of DDR4 3600C16, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe for system and game.
Settings: 1080p, all max but displacement shader set to pre-max, FSR disabled.
FPS values:
75-85 at spawn point and while running around it.
70-80 while exploring surface on ATV and on foot(significant drops to 60-65 when the foliage takes big part of the screen).
60-80 in the cave(significantly lower in zone with parallax effect(55-65), also random drops could't find reason to).
60-70 during the close combat.
70-75 during the H-scenes(some drops to 60 depending on camera position, might be about wall texture details).
105-125 while running in the dark room after H-scene.

Happened bugs:
Can't access Esc menu after H-scene and retrieving lost asset. Weapons don't appear in Q menu after retrieving lost asset, but: character hand keeps state like holding something, even if i mount ATV. Medkits and repair kits still usable via shortcut keys.
Fake slides on short slope at cave entrance(not at the descent itself, at upper terrain around it).
Some ragdoll glitches(just saying, didn't see a single game completely avoided that).

Bit of feedback(yup, i read about the development phases, just throwing ideas):
Strange menuing with unconsistent choicemaking/confirming inputs. Needs to be systemized, imo.
Existing H-scenes are great. Would like to see: a couple of different grab animations(from behind, while crawling, by group, etc.), some assisted exposure(during the grab sequence/transition/scenes itself), gangbang scenes and more positions( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Appreciate your clumsiness!

A bit of testing data and feedback in return:
Machine: i7-11700KF, RTX 3070, 32Gb of DDR4 3600C16, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe for system and game.
Settings: 1080p, all max but displacement shader set to pre-max, FSR disabled.
FPS values:
75-85 at spawn point and while running around it.
70-80 while exploring surface on ATV and on foot(significant drops to 60-65 when the foliage takes big part of the screen).
60-80 in the cave(significantly lower in zone with parallax effect(55-65), also random drops could't find reason to).
60-70 during the close combat.
70-75 during the H-scenes(some drops to 60 depending on camera position, might be about wall texture details).
105-125 while running in the dark room after H-scene.

Happened bugs:
Can't access Esc menu after H-scene and retrieving lost asset. Weapons don't appear in Q menu after retrieving lost asset, but: character hand keeps state like holding something, even if i mount ATV. Medkits and repair kits still usable via shortcut keys.
Fake slides on short slope at cave entrance(not at the descent itself, at upper terrain around it).
Some ragdoll glitches(just saying, didn't see a single game completely avoided that).

Bit of feedback(yup, i read about the development phases, just throwing ideas):
Strange menuing with unconsistent choicemaking/confirming inputs. Needs to be systemized, imo.
Existing H-scenes are great. Would like to see: a couple of different grab animations(from behind, while crawling, by group, etc.), some assisted exposure(during the grab sequence/transition/scenes itself), gangbang scenes and more positions( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
The whole soft lock on the menu after the H-scene will be addressed when the system will be reworked to it's final form.

thanks for the feedback and reports :D

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ProjectExterminationOperationGroundZeroes-2023.05.03
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Speaking of softlocks, had one when accessing the stash and going to the retrieval menu.
Possibly glitched out as I had nothing in there to retrieve.
Couldn't escape from the menu or anything, had to alt-f4 the game.

Nope, in this build is disabled for everybody, to avoid errors and corruption due to some items being not yet defined.
The ATV should be down the ladder on your right, when you spawn
On the little concrete platform?
I assumed as much, but for whatever reason it hadn't spawned.

tomwilliams9911 Yeah keep facepalming yourself until you break your nose, dork, my questions were legitimate.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Speaking of softlocks, had one when accessing the stash and going to the retrieval menu.

tomwilliams9911 Yeah keep facepalming yourself until you break your nose, dork, my questions were legitimate.
Yeah, some interaction with that are still a bit bugged with K&M, if you move the cursor around the buttons it should actually make them available...
Strange about the ATV not spawning, are you sure you are not loading an old save? any way, it might be a good idea to nuke the old configuration in %localappdata%\projectelimination, since a lot of options were added...
the little concrete platform is actually "the garage" xD

gg i

Jun 22, 2020
my game keeps crashing after the character selection idk why
its says fatal error idk what to do

Feb 11, 2020

I was supposed to hit the thinking emoji haha, but given my track record with the facepalm it's not surprising lol (favourite reaction on the site). Apologies.
Yeah, the ATV not spawning has happened to someone else IIRC, but like Alket said just delete the old config and hopefully that'll fix things.

gg i

Jun 22, 2020
Can you give Alket or I PC specs and any other details about the crash? If you can find the crash log too that'd be awesome
My laptop is a HP Pavillion x360, intel i5 processor with intel iris x graphics. Its windows 11. It has 16 gb ram
The error it showed was this-
LowLevelFatalError[File:Unknown] [Line:198]
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost
[Error: 0x887A0020 - 'INTERNAL_ERROR']
Alket

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 21 Votes