Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes

hawkhunter

Aug 10, 2017
Seeing that there is a 10 minute timer, prevents me from testing it in the first place
Gonna wait for a version in which the dev wants people to enjoy it

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Well, about the 10 minutes timer, since it's obviously brought up a lot and since I doubt Matt will ever pop up in here anymore, I'll tell you this:the guy absolutely despise this site and what it represents, reason why it's me doing the poster boy, not him, in here; This build here was part of a concession to the site and part of a compromise after a monthlong discussion on the test channel about scheduled releases and whatnot.

I (and pretty much the whole testing group) anticipated the outlash that the timer would have brought, knowing that the best way to change the guy's mind is critique (he can be real stubborn at times...).

So yeah, there is a timer, deal with it, the other build is just 2$ at Patreon if you like to remove that...also the content is pretty much explorable with 1 or 2 sittings...

I'm confident that the next update will not have timers due to the massive critique that it generated, update that may come around the 15/17 of December.

datboi2oo6

Nov 26, 2017
Alket First off, I want to say I'm glad you didn't give up after the data loss of the other two projects. They were extremely impressive and I can clearly see what you've learned from them has made it in to this game. I have to say that the gameplay feels really good, and I love the quality of the animation and character models, and I'm extremely excited for future releases. If this keeps up, I will absolutely back this project. I only have a few notes for feedback- 1. When using Keyboard and Mouse, The camera is a little too constrained to the characters movement direction- it makes it difficult to look around corners when turning and feels kind of odd when the camera abruptly stops turning. Oddly enough, it feels fine when using a Xbox controller 2. Can you enable Direct Input controller support for PS5/Switch Pro controllers? 3. Sometimes it is impossible to recover your gear after being harassed and left nude. Not sure what triggers this as it doesn't happen consistently. 4. if you accidentally drop an item near a ladder, it is currently impossible to recover the item. Perhaps add a target toggle for this edge case? Lastly, not a note but a question- In the future, will it be possible to engage in combat and other actions while nude? Not a big deal if not.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Guess I'll share the non free build

Pixeldrain
Normally I'd disagree with posting the patreon version like this, but the 10 minute limit doesn't even benefit the devs. Annoying your players and making it difficult for them to playtest/bugtest isn't a great start lol. Especially when you've already dropped 3 projects. Little like they're trying to burn bridges with their community for some reason. They should be trying to build trust at this point, not destroy it.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Alket First off, I want to say I'm glad you didn't give up after the data loss of the other two projects. They were extremely impressive and I can clearly see what you've learned from them has made it in to this game. I have to say that the gameplay feels really good, and I love the quality of the animation and character models, and I'm extremely excited for future releases. If this keeps up, I will absolutely back this project. I only have a few notes for feedback- 1. When using Keyboard and Mouse, The camera is a little too constrained to the characters movement direction- it makes it difficult to look around corners when turning and feels kind of odd when the camera abruptly stops turning. Oddly enough, it feels fine when using a Xbox controller 2. Can you enable Direct Input controller support for PS5/Switch Pro controllers? 3. Sometimes it is impossible to recover your gear after being harassed and left nude. Not sure what triggers this as it doesn't happen consistently. 4. if you accidentally drop an item near a ladder, it is currently impossible to recover the item. Perhaps add a target toggle for this edge case? Lastly, not a note but a question- In the future, will it be possible to engage in combat and other actions while nude? Not a big deal if not.
1 - Camera feedbacks are welcome, many hav already reported that (myself included), it feels fine with the XBOX xontroller 'cause the Dev himself is a joypad gamer.
2 - No idea, gonna report, but if yes, at a later time
3 - Known bug (read list in the OP)
4 - Known bug too
5 - yes, it is planned: while "escaping" before retrieving your old gear you'll be able to pickup temporary weapons to defend yourself.

BTW: glad you like it, feel free to join the Discord (see OP) if you have more questions and want to take a look at the development progresses...

Reactions: datboi2oo6

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Normally I'd disagree with posting the patreon version like this, but the 10 minute limit doesn't even benefit the devs. Annoying your players and making it difficult for them to playtest/bugtest isn't a great start lol. Especially when you've already dropped 3 projects. Little like they're trying to burn bridges with their community for some reason. They should be trying to build trust at this point, not destroy it.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but for now let's try to look past that...
Also, this project is in a different spot compared to the other two...

• Angry
Reactions: Ryproar

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
[...] but for a product that was paid for on patreon this... is not what you can expect for. [...]
The build shared here is not the one on Patreon, the one on Patreon has no time limits.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
With the timeless version I can finally test some shit.

1. Swapping weapons while reloading will hold both weapons in the same hand until you try to swap weapons again, at least it's an easy fix, though the ammo will still be stuck in your hand until you reload.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. Being hit while reloading will complete the reload anyways.

3. Fall damage seems a bit awkward. I fell in two different areas that are seemingly the same drop distance, taking no damage in one area and straight up dying in the other. Went from super hero landing the first drop to faceplanting and death on the second. There really needs to be an inbetween option between the super hero landing and faceplant animation that shows the drop is dangerous, but usually not lethal if you're healthy. Parkour roll would be great.

4: Having a weapon out while climbing a ladder will make the weapon float away.

5: I hope the parkour elements are expanded on, seems like it could add a lot to the game. The basic jump from running at a ledge is pretty good, but some rolling animations when landing from high jumps, and maybe ledge gripping would be cool too. Right now it's pretty difficult to tell if she can make jumps and potentially survive if she fails. The instant faceplant deaths over a certain height hurt my confidence in that. I tested some risky jumps though and it was pretty entertaining.

Similar to the fall damage issue though, I tried to leap across two similar looking gaps at what I thought was full speed and one time I made it and the other time she just did the "drop carefully off the ledge" animation instead of the sprinting leap. Maybe that should have its own jump button? I can't tell if the leap failed because I wasn't at 100% sprinting speed or if the game just decided the gap was like an inch too far away. The leap is too inconsistent basically. The weird thing is that sometimes the leap fails on a shorter gap as well even though I thought I was running at full speed, which really fucks with your head. I made about a 2 foot gap jump with ease and then failed about an 8 inch gap. Seems like some areas maybe don't activate the leap animation right now.

Most of these are probably known, but I just want to be thorough.

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
With the timeless version I can finally test some shit.

1. Swapping weapons while reloading will hold both weapons in the same hand until you try to swap weapons again, at least it's an easy fix, though the ammo will still be stuck in your hand until you reload.

2. Being hit while reloading will complete the reload anyways.

3. Fall damage seems a bit awkward. I fell in two different areas that are seemingly the same drop distance, taking no damage in one area and straight up dying in the other. Is it just fully living or straight death being the only options?

4: Having a weapon out while climbing a ladder will make the weapon float away.

5: I hope the parkour elements are expanded on, seems like it could add a lot to the game. The basic jump from running at a ledge is pretty good, but some rolling animations when landing from high jumps, and maybe ledge gripping would be cool too. Right now it's pretty difficult to tell if she can make jumps and potentially survive if she fails. The instant faceplant deaths over a certain height hurt my confidence in that. I tested some risky jumps though and it was pretty entertaining.

Similar to the fall damage issue though, I tried to leap across two similar looking gaps at what I thought was full speed and one time I made it and the other time she just did the "drop carefully off the ledge" animation instead of the sprinting leap. Maybe that should have its own jump button? I can't tell if the leap failed because I wasn't at 100% sprinting speed or if the game just decided the gap was like an inch too far away.

Most of these are probably known, but I just want to be thorough.
1 and 4 were already fixed from other instances, tho appeared from different triggers, will report again.
2 limits on the animation cancelling, will be addressed later on
3 yeah, dark souls PTSD like
5 glad you like it, when the map will be properly build parkour is supposed to be central in exploration

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Impregnation/pregnancy/breeding/ovulation content will be implemented?
My gratitude for the answer...
If you get captured there already is an "infection" meter, this may be implemented later in some sort of "pregnancy"; the topic regarding this fetish is being discussed upon and nothing final has been settled, but the overall theme will be in the game.

Feb 11, 2020
Also, i downloaded just to look at it. A LOT of things are stolen from "The Division" game from Ubisoft...i mean cmon...
Nothing is stolen from the division, what are you on about? The UI has inspiration from it (and dead space) but the game plays nothing like it and the assets are all home-made. I think the only thing that isn't home made is the music and maybe some audio stuff.

Could not run it at all
If you're not going to expand upon it at all then that's a 'you' problem. If you can tell us any more details, maybe we could help you get it running.

I don't disagree with the 10 minute timer thing, it's a really dumb move, but when it comes to 'building bridges' I'd contest he has every right to not build bridges with F95 since all the patreon builds (aside from the private tester builds) have been leaked and there's always been someone to shit on his work on here. IIRC he almost considered quitting development entirely because of this site.
Also, there's not 3 projects dropped. Only one (the sidescroller) is dropped (technically on hold because he might work on it once this is done), and the only reason that one was dropped is because after his HDD failure his patrons voted to switch to the current project instead. S7 (the first one) is still planned, but he doesn't have the budget or resources for it. He's been very open about everything on his discord.

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
If you get captured there already is an "infection" meter, this may be implemented later in some sort of "pregnancy"; the topic regarding this fetish is being discussed upon and nothing final has been settled, but the overall theme will be in the game.
"infection" meter, this may be implemented later in some sort of "pregnancy" - I would be delighted to see that in practice!
Thanks for Your reply, Sir!

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
I suggest you to go take alook at the page of the Dev if you're into this stuff...
Grateful for the link to the page!
Still, I can not see any impregnation/pregnancy/breeding/ovulation content on this page...
Could You please point it to me?
My gratitude...

Reactions: x64Wasted
Feb 11, 2020
Grateful for the link to the page!
Still, I can not see any impregnation/pregnancy/breeding/ovulation content on this page...
Could You please point it to me?
My gratitude...
Should be under 'bonus sketches'

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes