Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes

Anolas

Jun 26, 2020
Emmm,Extermination and Elimination which one does dev focus on?Does this mean Section 7 has turned into this one?

Reactions: MoreNow

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
for a nsfw clone of division...not really bad but still have an 1080ti sure not the powerhouse used to be BUT this game needs serious tweaking forged my gpu like it had graphics on par with division 2.
The only optimization done up until now was on CPU side ("smart" spawn / despawn of enemies, long range map loading and interior "cells" unload to free up memory), once the graphics effects and texturing will be more fleshed out there will be tweaking.
But yes, it's GPU heavy, while the dev is tuning it for his 1070 on 1080p, so you'll see improvement down the line.

Romusfps

Dec 22, 2020
I try to interact with everything around i don't find gun or sword :(

Same when im knocked out, nothing happen

joeyeroq

May 30, 2017
It's pretty buggy, for example do not set battery close to elevator (or ladder as it says in the Known Bugs of the first post of this thread) or else you cant pick them up again. Sometimes you can't pick up items no matter what you do.
A map or minimap would be handy.
Is the end of the demo when you bring a battery to base or is there more?
Also, are there any easter eggs or secrets in this build?

Lama69

Mar 22, 2018
This dev reminds me of others who just keep starting new games, and never really get anything done.
I hope I'm proven wrong this time around but I don't really have any hopes. Sad.
Except you are quite wrong there. Sector 7 is currently on hiatus as Matto plans to return to it. Project Elimination: Forbidden planet was supposed to be his side project to get some experience and get some new ideas for Sector 7. Unofrtunately, that project came to an end due to his HDD dying and Matto not having any backups of game files. So he started this project which went from 2D platformer to 3D platformer. As i have stated in thread of Forbiddent Planet, Matto even wanted to stop donations on Patreon till he got at least first PoC build out. We patrons have had to convince him otherwise so he has some funds for it. AFAIK he is still working solo on the whole project. Is also very active on his discord and if he is online and doesnt have status he is working he does answer questions coming his way that are not in FAQ on discord. Taken from his discord as it stands Project Extermination is over 50% complete. Deadline for finishing this project given by Matto himself is 7/25/2023.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
May 25, 2017
I can't get the game to run for some reason. When I open it, it just hangs as a background progress and nothing ever happens.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 48.0 GB
Graphics Card GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (12GB)

After about 5 min, it's still running in the background. It's only been using 50 MBs of memory

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
It's pretty buggy, for example do not set battery close to elevator (or ladder as it says in the Known Bugs of the first post of this thread) or else you cant pick them up again. Sometimes you can't pick up items no matter what you do.
A map or minimap would be handy.
Is the end of the demo when you bring a battery to base or is there more?
Also, are there any easter eggs or secrets in this build?
For now it's freeroaming,cube-shaped structures sightseeing and a bit of monster bashing (or being bashed)...more stuff will come...

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I can't get the game to run for some reason. When I open it, it just hangs as a background progress and nothing ever happens.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 48.0 GB
Graphics Card GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (12GB)

After about 5 min, it's still running in the background. It's only been using 50 MBs of memory
What OS are u running?
What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Reboot, driver updates, compatibility mode...

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I try to interact with everything around i don't find gun or sword :(

Same when im knocked out, nothing happen
The gun is in your inventory, the sticc is on the ground when you spawn, you need to equip those (see *how to control* in the game's folder), you also need to be grabbed, not knocked out to see the kinky action...

Jul 23, 2017
Wait another one? Is this now the game that's going to be developed further or will this also be put onhold in a year or so time and another proof of concept released?

From a gamer perspective it is quite unreliable to see new projects get released, see gradually slowing progress on updates and eventually put onhold and then a new project pop-up that is yet again an alpha/proof of concept build. Is this now the 3rd or 4th time even?

That aside, I will say each new proof of concept is better than the last and this one holds the most promise of all so far. I just hope that we will eventually get to see an actual game from you rather than eventually 20 different proof of concepts haha!

Reactions: MoreNow

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Wait another one? Is this now the game that's going to be developed further or will this also be put onhold in a year or so time and another proof of concept released?

From a gamer perspective it is quite unreliable to see new projects get released, see gradually slowing progress on updates and eventually put onhold and then a new project pop-up that is yet again an alpha/proof of concept build. Is this now the 3rd or 4th time even?

That aside, I will say each new proof of concept is better than the last and this one holds the most promise of all so far. I just hope that we will eventually get to see an actual game from you rather than eventually 20 different proof of concepts haha!
Yeah, development may not always go as planned, expecially when is open...

Glad that you appreciate the Project :D

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes