Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Radeon...
switch off RVT from the ingame menu (or find a way to force the game in DX11, the crash is caused by RVT, and Unreal component, being incompatible with DX12, we speculated that Radeon forces DX12 even if the game is built with DX11, to improve compatibility, since the new AMD GPUs are not behaving well with older games)

Schattenfang

May 29, 2017
Radeon...
switch off RVT from the ingame menu (or find a way to force the game in DX11, the crash is caused by RVT, and Unreal component, being incompatible with DX12, we speculated that Radeon forces DX12 even if the game is built with DX11, to improve compatibility, since the new AMD GPUs are not behaving well with older games)
FWIW: This does not seem to be necessary on Linux and a 7900XTX. Starts with DX11 on first launch without switching off RVT in the ingame menu and works perfectly with really good performance - played for 20min. I'm excited for future updates.

Reactions: Alket
Feb 19, 2018
Really looking forward to some new enemies, some bulkier ones for sure, maybe some animations like in the early side scroller project with multiple enemies, and some more cinematic style scenes were you are trying to get away but still get caught anyways.

What really sells the cutscenes and sex scenes is the sense of defeat and humilliation. Having your character react to what they're doing, and having the enemies slap the character around like they're low tier trash works wonders. You have to take what looks like an elite well trained mercenary and turn her into just a piece of useless fuckmeat. So you have to build on that importance or status only for it to be stripped away by some weakling, that builds anticipation.

Also can't wait for customization, hope there are some body sliders, hair and skin tone changes, that would also be pretty good, miss the original pale white blonde character we had in the original demo.

Otherwise got dam is this game heavy on the performance, but that's just my pc i guess

X-ecutor

Oct 22, 2018
Really looking forward to some new enemies, some bulkier ones for sure, maybe some animations like in the early side scroller project with multiple enemies, and some more cinematic style scenes were you are trying to get away but still get caught anyways.

What really sells the cutscenes and sex scenes is the sense of defeat and humilliation. Having your character react to what they're doing, and having the enemies slap the character around like they're low tier trash works wonders. You have to take what looks like an elite well trained mercenary and turn her into just a piece of useless fuckmeat. So you have to build on that importance or status only for it to be stripped away by some weakling, that builds anticipation.

Also can't wait for customization, hope there are some body sliders, hair and skin tone changes, that would also be pretty good, miss the original pale white blonde character we had in the original demo.

Otherwise got dam is this game heavy on the performance, but that's just my pc i guess
Well I think it still needs optimizations and yes, I too looking forward for new updates. Cant wait for phase 3 :p

Apr 2, 2019
Will this game be released on Steam? I ask because according to what I've read while moderating for another game developer, Steam isn't a fan of "non-con" content. Will the naughty stuff be a separate download, at an offsite source?
I'm sure this was probably asked before, but I don't want to search ten pages for my answer. I did check your FAQs, however. ;)

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Will this game be released on Steam? I ask because according to what I've read while moderating for another game developer, Steam isn't a fan of "non-con" content. Will the naughty stuff be a separate download, at an offsite source?
I'm sure this was probably asked before, but I don't want to search ten pages for my answer. I did check your FAQs, however. ;)
If memory serves, it's been said that it'll be released on Steam as a complete game minus the "adult" (or rather, the prohibitively adult) content which will be accessible via a patch acquired elsewhere.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
DustyX already answered, but yes, it will be on Steam and ideally on other platforms like GOG or Epic if Matto can manage that, the game will still be NSFW in content and narrative, but the explicit sex stuff will be packed in an addon that will be distributed through third parties (tbd how)...

dreminh

Jan 4, 2019
i recommend you to make a complete tutorial mission including combat , open door , interact with object or ect .. , the fog map so far very empty

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Yukikazez

May 5, 2018
So currently only Nvidia GPU ran fine on the game ? cause having RX 570 with everything low for just accept able playable 33 fps

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Alket: I was eyeing off the Patreon page in preparation to support Matto and I noticed the third tier:
"Support Tier: There is no rewards available for this tier as of now. Your can submit your character preset into OGZ's character creation mode once it's ready. This tier is the advanced tier."

Aside from the typo (kek), I was curious about the underlined part of submitting character presets into character creation mode.

Am I reading too much into that line in that; If you pledge (is that the right term for Patreon?) at this tier you can submit a concept/art/some-such to Matto and he'll fashion that up as an in-character preset or more to the effect of allowing you to alter the presets in the character creation mode once it's available?

The wording is a touch ambiguous (at least for me because I am a potato).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Alket: I was eyeing off the Patreon page in preparation to support Matto and I noticed the third tier:
"Support Tier: There is no rewards available for this tier as of now. Your can submit your character preset into OGZ's character creation mode once it's ready. This tier is the advanced tier."

Aside from the typo (kek), I was curious about the underlined part of submitting character presets into character creation mode.

Am I reading too much into that line in that; If you pledge (is that the right term for Patreon?) at this tier you can submit a concept/art/some-such to Matto and he'll fashion that up as an in-character preset or more to the effect of allowing you to alter the presets in the character creation mode once it's available?

The wording is a touch ambiguous (at least for me because I am a potato).
The idea is: once the character creation is completed, you can create a character with that and submit it to Matto, it will become a NPC or a stable preset from which other characters are generated.

But, I strongly suggest you to ask Matto directly regarding your expectations, you can either do that directly on Discord or through Patreon DM; I'd use Discord if you want answers within minutes, because if he's awake, he's working on the game and has Discord open so he usually reacts quickly, not much so on Patreon.

So currently only Nvidia GPU ran fine on the game ? cause having RX 570 with everything low for just accept able playable 33 fps
bro this game is not optimized at all
There are no issues with AMD cards prior RDNA2 and while it's very true that there are still optimization to be done (the game is still being developed, I remind you), the current requirement for the target 60fps at medium/high + FSR at 1080p is a 1070, and a RX 570 is a bit below that if I remember correctly, would help to know your whole system specs.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
FWIW: This does not seem to be necessary on Linux and a 7900XTX. Starts with DX11 on first launch without switching off RVT in the ingame menu and works perfectly with really good performance - played for 20min. I'm excited for future updates.
I've been running it through Proton and I haven't had any problems so far.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017

TL/DR:

• First iteration of the "Team Management System".
  • Implementation of the "Plugin & Addon System", to allow modding and the separation of adult content from the main game.
  • First official pass of the quad bike model, taking inspiration from Halo and Planetside 2.
  • Started creation of the final character model and features, very early look at it.
  • Started planning for the "resurrection" of the side scroller project, aka Project Elimination; this was decided after a lot of requests and feedback from y'all.
NB: Matto also announced that, due to a fuckton of pressure he'll "slow down" for a couple of months, he'll still work on the project, but he will not rush himself to death; this was also decided after, practically, all the Discord told him to slow tf down to avoid a burnout.

MemoryH

Feb 18, 2020
...does anyone think this game needs fog? Would fog help to improve performance? Because my laptop is screaming for help whenever I run this game.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes