Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Steam release is the target (alongside, maybe Epic and/or GOG); the page will be created once there will be a proper demo, not just a showcase of functionality PoC. Matto hopes to have enough stuff to put it together by the end of the year...that's why he's focusing on base gameplay, animations and models so much.
I wish you a lot of courage and success in this goal, your game is very promising

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Hi poopers!
this, but the game matto was building before, section seven IMO was at least 1000 times better than this one... don't missununderstand me: this operation groundzeroes is good, but is not at the level of section seven. it's like matto left a gold mine for an iron one instead... IMO, of corse...
and now: just my thoughts dudes, and nothing more... so no flame or whining or tragedies or pikes lifted to the sky, please...
The prototype that was Section7 will be incorporated in this game in both mechanics and ambience settings eventually™.

Basically the concept of S7 will become a level/location of OGZ...

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Hi poopers!
this, but the game matto was building before, section seven IMO was at least 1000 times better than this one... don't missununderstand me: this operation groundzeroes is good, but is not at the level of section seven. it's like matto left a gold mine for an iron one instead... IMO, of corse...
and now: just my thoughts dudes, and nothing more... so no flame or whining or tragedies or pikes lifted to the sky, please...
You're comparing two games at different stages of development and with different architectures. Developing in 2D on UE and in 3D on UE is not the same workload. OGZ's project looks far more ambitious.

Feb 11, 2020
Yeah that link don't work hombre. For some reason twitter links don't work that well, the post is up there for those who want to see it.

This link is to his general twitter, you should be able to find the video fairly easily.

Reactions: DustyX

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Yeah that link don't work hombre. For some reason twitter links don't work that well, the post is up there for those who want to see it.

This link is to his general twitter, you should be able to find the video fairly easily.

That latest clip of a slug going down her gullet was positively and absolutely disgusting... ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
Looking forward to next update. :KEK:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Did Matey get banned from X? ;_;

Link goes to the abyss.
You have to be logged to see tweets from adult content creators on Twitter.
Parasite implant.Please tell me this game will not get a Guro tag:eek:
No, guro is not planned, graphical violence and bodies in various states of dismemberment will be part of the world tho.
Yuck. Don't tell me this parasite thing is now always going to happen.
Only if you fail the struggle against certain enemies.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
That latest clip of a slug going down her gullet was positively and absolutely disgusting... ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
Looking forward to next update. :KEK:
>I casually mention Nightmare Sphere...
>Days later: Wild slug parasites appear!!

I'm a prophet.
(Although it's more like a worm, zombies must be eating too much raw fish )

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
Keep seeing Matto retweeting another game from time to time: Darkgate. It's a shame that request for this game been rejected here.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: johnyakuza1

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
Keep seeing Matto retweeting another game from time to time: Darkgate. It's a shame that request for this game been rejected here.
At the risk of diverging from the crux of this thread, I also noted Darkgate via Matto's tweets and from what little I could find there's only concept material (of the H-variety) to be found, not much in the way of substantial demo gameplay... which I'm tipping is why Darkgate doesn't yet have a presence here?

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
At the risk of diverging from the crux of this thread, I also noted Darkgate via Matto's tweets and from what little I could find there's only concept material (of the H-variety) to be found, not much in the way of substantial demo gameplay... which I'm tipping is why Darkgate doesn't yet have a presence here?
No, they assumed it was completely untranslated (which is not true, actually) and therefore abandoned this topic. Sad, seems both games share some inspiration from each other... tho maybe it's just a coincidence.

Reactions: Peacefeel

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
As a matter of fact, the dev of Darkgate released an updated demo only yesterday which added h content.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes