Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Downloaded v.2.05 and got an exception error when I opened my previous save.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapter 02.rpy", line 12247, in script call
    call var_chapter2_update5 from _call_var_chapter2_update5
ScriptError: could not find label 'var_chapter2_update5'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1444, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 900, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch2.04.a
Mon Sep  6 00:36:29 2021
Mmh! It's strange, maybe the file wasn't downloaded correctly, because this variable is definitely there. You should try downloading the game again and retry.
I use joiplay with every game but when I start this game it closes by itself as soon as I start it
I think it's not the first time I hear that, but there's nothing much I can do here, sorry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the abuse talk (I think moderation must have deleted your posts to stop a fight), like I said no kink shaming here, so no point debating it, but I wanted to give my point of view about it's presence in the game, for me it's about storytelling, like you could have a rape or abuse scene in a movie, it's generally not added for the fun of it, but because the writer needed that in his movie to construct his story and build its characters. That's one point.

After that I see the characters in the game as virtual actors, it's why I make some times my MC Myriam talk in posts on Patreon or SubscribeStar, so on some part it's fake and they enjoy their job and doing their naughty scenes. There is an author of adult BDSM comics that I enjoy named Erenisch, who created a whole world about abuse, and before each volume, he always made a page with the characters disclaiming that it was fake and only roleplay as if they were actors, I always loved that touch and mental set, it was what made the thing kinky and not shameful in a way.

On the actor part it also make me think on the old Final Fantasy movie The Spirits Within where Hironobu Sakaguchi tried to create the first virtual actress with the character of Aki Ross. It was in his intention to create a virtual actress and make her appear in other movies after this one, even commercials, but sadly, the movie was such an epic failure in the box office that it was even the reason why Squaresoft had to partner up with Enix due to the humongous cost of the movie, so it never happened. But again, I loved the idea and I think I'll make my main characters reappear from game to game as different roles (not as THE main character but secondary ones of course).

Please, no debating, I was just exposing my vision in the game, and if moderation already deleted the messages, no point doing it anyway.

Aran06

Apr 27, 2017
Downloaded v.2.05 and got an exception error when I opened my previous save.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1444, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 900, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch2.04.a
Mon Sep  6 00:36:29 2021
Same problem for me

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
Mmh! It's strange, maybe the file wasn't downloaded correctly, because this variable is definitely there. You should try downloading the game again and retry.

I think it's not the first time I hear that, but there's nothing much I can do here, sorry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the abuse talk (I think moderation must have deleted your posts to stop a fight), like I said no kink shaming here, so no point debating it, but I wanted to give my point of view about it's presence in the game, for me it's about storytelling, like you could have a rape or abuse scene in a movie, it's generally not added for the fun of it, but because the writer needed that in his movie to construct his story and build its characters. That's one point.

After that I see the characters in the game as virtual actors, it's why I make some times my MC Myriam talk in posts on Patreon or SubscribeStar, so on some part it's fake and they enjoy their job and doing their naughty scenes. There is an author of adult BDSM comics that I enjoy named Erenisch, who created a whole world about abuse, and before each volume, he always made a page with the characters disclaiming that it was fake and only roleplay as if they were actors, I always loved that touch and mental set, it was what made the thing kinky and not shameful in a way.

On the actor part it also make me think on the old Final Fantasy movie The Spirits Within where Hironobu Sakaguchi tried to create the first virtual actress with the character of Aki Ross. It was in his intention to create a virtual actress and make her appear in other movies after this one, even commercials, but sadly, the movie was such an epic failure in the box office that it was even the reason why Squaresoft had to partner up with Enix due to the humongous cost of the movie, so it never happened. But again, I loved the idea and I think I'll make my main characters reappear from game to game as different roles (not as THE main character but secondary ones of course).

Please, no debating, I was just exposing my vision in the game, and if moderation already deleted the messages, no point doing it anyway.
Hey zorlun is v 2.05a different from 2.05b? Less content?

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Same problem for me
After that, there is also the possibility that your save is incompatible if your save is too old. Around the v2.5 I did a major rework of the script and how variables worked, so if your save is that old, it can be incompatible and you just have to start form the start. But if not that, no reason for a missing var_chapter2_update5 since it's one of the first line I input in each update since (it's in the variables.rpy file).
Hey zorlun is v 2.05a different from 2.05b? Less content?
Nope, the letter in an update just mean I did some corrections, clean a few errors, in that case, ch2.05b as the reviewed dialogues and error around renders during the briefcase scene fixed.

Aran06

Apr 27, 2017
Game crashes when i start the New Game

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 205, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
AttributeError: 'SWDraw' object has no attribute 'scale_fast'

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3006, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3516, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2380, in draw_screen
renpy.display.draw.draw_screen(surftree)
File "renpy/display/swdraw.py", line 869, in draw_screen
if self.scale_fast:
AttributeError: 'SWDraw' object has no attribute 'scale_fast'

Windows-10-10.0.10240
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch2.05b
Mon Sep 6 02:14:15 2021

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Yes, like said Mommysbuttslut, you are not only dependent on the "Dominance" trait to be able to make the choice to kick Anthony out, if Myriam has been curious and listened to the door before entering his office, she will hear him talking dirty to his secretary and then see through his bullshits despite being submissive.

I don't remember doing any kink shaming and since it's in the game I can hardly be accused of it, I don't put in the game things I don't want to. I always said "to each his own" and one of the rules of my Discord server is "no kink shaming". Though that said, of course I'm trying to be at least a bit realistic in the game, Myriam will not enjoy much getting kick the shit out of her and abused by her husband, but since I opened up a dark road for Myriam, yes, there will be some more darker adventures and scenes for Myriam, with some abuse, humiliation, rape, manipulation and mind breaking. Though again, I insist, I say it out loud again, this is a doomed path, there will be no happy ending (from Myriam point of view) on this roads (there will be a few different ones on this theme).
This is not Disney, there are no happy endings, just like in real life. Life is harsh and cruel. It is what it is. It´s awesome that this game approach it to some degree of course, because in the end oof days it´s a fiction game

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Game crashes when i start the New Game

Windows-10-10.0.10240
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch2.05b
Mon Sep 6 02:14:15 2021
Try this: Unzip the attached file in the folder "Project myriam.....\renpy\display" and start your game.

Reactions: Zorlun

dian091

Apr 17, 2020
This is not Disney, there are no happy endings, just like in real life. Life is harsh and cruel. It is what it is. It´s awesome that this game approach it to some degree of course, because in the end oof days it´s a fiction game
Disney? that would make MILF and Necro the same as Disney mom's always die, do any Princesses have Moms? Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, either none or an Evil Step Mom. In Adult games, Mom is usually hot and everyone wants to fvck them

Smiruk

Dec 1, 2017
Great game. I love the possibilitys! But is it possible to have the cumkink without sucking eveyone you came across, lol? I tried some path and it seem you have to do it to almost everyone to have the facial option, (even the dog requier 15+ lol.) I want to play Myriam as interested in her childs and the dog, not in a total slut who have sexual relation with everyone, is it possible? (in this path at least.) Thanks.

Reactions: Demnor and Zorlun

Sunedosa

Jun 24, 2018
After that, there is also the possibility that your save is incompatible if your save is too old. Around the v2.5 I did a major rework of the script and how variables worked, so if your save is that old, it can be incompatible and you just have to start form the start. But if not that, no reason for a missing var_chapter2_update5 since it's one of the first line I input in each update since (it's in the variables.rpy file).

Nope, the letter in an update just mean I did some corrections, clean a few errors, in that case, ch2.05b as the reviewed dialogues and error around renders during the briefcase scene fixed.

Your vision and your game is amazing, love it !

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

I have read that rape fantasies can actually help women (and men) who were sexually abused. It allows them to deal with the trauma on their terms - with them in control.
If you don't feel empathy for the victim, your probably a sociopath and it doesn't matter any way.
Just thought I'd put that out there.

Last edited:

Power Broker

Jan 9, 2018
This is a real good game and I want to encourage the developer to continue this path and not listen to those people who want to turn it into a consensual love story. There are enough of those games already, but the appeal of this game consists of the abusive and non-consensual relationships the mc finds herself into. I want to see her suffer, I want to see her husband win against the white knights and abuse her further, I want to see her son dominating, humiliating and raping her, I want to see her daughter losing respect for her and supporting father and/or son eventually.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feb 12, 2021

i LOVED FF:Spirits Within, n have it on dvd...have u seen it's sequel, FF VII: Advent Children, or the most recent one, FF XV: Kingsglaive? (n for those that want to, look up Aki Ross' appearance in 'Maxim' :love:)

I have read that rape fantasies can actually help women (and men) who were sexually abused. It allows them to deal with the trauma on their terms - with them in control.
If you don't feel empathy for the victim, your probably a sociopath and it doesn't matter any way.
Just thought I'd put that out there.
This is a real good game and I want to encourage the developer to continue this path and not listen to those people who want to turn it into a consensual love story. There are enough of those games already, but the appeal of this game consists of the abusive and non-consensual relationships the mc finds herself into. I want to see her suffer, I want to see her husband win against the white knights and abuse her further, I want to see her son dominating, humiliating and raping her, I want to see her daughter losing respect for her and supporting father and/or son eventually.

a HUGE thank you to the 3 of you, for showing that those of us looking for this kind of content are out there... Zorlun, thank you again for all your hard work, and open-mindedness, n we (along w/the voiceless others) sincerely hope you will continue to indulge us down the dark road of depravity, on the highway to hell :devilish: happy fapping all!

Last edited:

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020

Mmh, kind of mix feelings here... first thank you for enjoying the game, even if only in part, and thank you for sharing on the forum, but... but it feel kind of hypocritical to tell me to not listen to the voices of some and then going on exposing what you want yourself.

I don't want to be mean, but if I understand and appreciate your passion, please do understand that the game will stay as it is, I don't want to be childish, but it's kind of my baby, if I started this adventure and build my game, it's because I wanted to write my stories because I wasn't finding them out there. So, to say it as politely as I can, I'm not here to create the vision of others, but my own, and if so much people keep following and supporting me, it must be because I'm doing something right.

I'm sorry if I sound kind of an asshole and if it feel like you're taking the wrap for everyone else, but you write your vision and ask me to comply with so much assurance that you are right and the others wrong (at least that's how it feel to me), that it feel kind of slap in the face.

That said, on the points for the future you expose:
- The husband will sure continue to be an asshole, he was written to be so, but sorry, he won't grow some balls, he was written to be a coward that abuse a woman far to docile and nice for her own good. His story line is already fully written on his part.
- The son will mature depending the player choices, becoming a new abusive asshole like his father (with a bit more balls) or finding back his way to being a son.
- No, the daughter will never become abusive, it's not in her character, sorry. She could lose her respect for her mother if the player keep making bac choices for her, but it won't come easy.
- Keeping it realistic, well it always depend on the point of view of the player and the choice he make, I put some more realistic than others, some more fun and some more porn logic (but is that really bad in the end, I mean, it's kind of a porn game), after that, I can't be responsible if the player make the choices he make. But yes, I want also to bring my naughty scenes for a reason and with some flavor behind, like you say, the build up is important.
- Like I said before, sorry if you don't like the other story lines and feel that they are a pollution, for me it's not the case, for me it's a whole what happen to Myriam, like the title say, you follow her Life and her Explorations.

Here, sorry if it feel a bit aggressive, it's not the point, I don't want to fight or debate, I just want you (and everyone) to understand that the way you came (and others), felt like a slap to me, I know it was probably not on purpose and you just genuinely expose your opinion with passion, but still...

Again, sorry, it kind of feel like you took one for the team here. ^^

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Some subtle humor here?

This bag of groceries
bag.png

came from this?

martket.png

Even the cashier appeared to be suffering from degraded development that might be attributed to junk foods and malnutrition.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Great game. I love the possibilitys! But is it possible to have the cumkink without sucking eveyone you came across, lol? I tried some path and it seem you have to do it to almost everyone to have the facial option, (even the dog requier 15+ lol.) I want to play Myriam as interested in her childs and the dog, not in a total slut who have sexual relation with everyone, is it possible? (in this path at least.) Thanks.
I can recommend the cheat mod from post #1980 on page 99.
If you come across a choice you want to make that you don't have the points for, just roll back a bit and set the stat to the needed value.

Reactions: Zorlun
4.40 star(s) 190 Votes