Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
That is very disappointing to hear. I guess it's my fault for just assuming but I had figured that given the nature of the game both kids were viable options and to me at least it did seem like that was the direction the story was building. I will admit hearing this takes a lot of wind out of my sails as that was the path I was looking forward to the most.
Best of luck with your game but I'll probably no longer be following it.
I understand totally and I hope you can find out there your perfect game, it's kind of why I decided to make my own at first, because even if I liked a few games, none would satisfy me fully in the end.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
I played the official version and only got the date with Lucy. Other people have stated there was besti, but I didn't see anything. I actually only had the date and that was it. Am I locked out of paths? I shouldn't be, because I've done everything. Or was this all that was in the update?

Reactions: Zorlun

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I played the official version and only got the date with Lucy. Other people have stated there was besti, but I didn't see anything. I actually only had the date and that was it. Am I locked out of paths? I shouldn't be, because I've done everything. Or was this all that was in the update?
Choices effect scenes and paths, plus the 'official' version had to have the bestiality taken out because of Patreon's new terms, down the load the current version on page 1 if you want the bestiality version.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The dinner party only happens if you are still with Anthony.

Sunedosa

Jun 24, 2018
Zorlun , Myriam needs to explore her
I understand totally and I hope you can find out there your perfect game, it's kind of why I decided to make my own at first, because even if I liked a few games, none would satisfy me fully in the end.
I think Myriam needs to explore every kink she has with that steed of hers, preferably 3 times in a row as with the dog ! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:(y)

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
The scene with Cassius, was only after the event with Anthony and his colleagues, sorry. So you didn't miss anything, it's just that different paths lead to different events, that's all, I invite you to keep different saves to try a bit of everything if you wish to see everything.
Probably why you also felt the update was short, because as time goes on and choices lead to consequences and multiple events, it makes updates feel shorter as all event are not for every path.
(Though if you saw absolutely no "furry" events, then maybe you have downloaded the game without Prometheus' patch, you should redownload it now from F95zone, Discord or SubscribeStar, they're all official release and have the patch inside.)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Zorlun
Maybe with your help we could make a "reverse-IC-patch"? Means, your official game version stays clean, but the ic.rpy has all the juicy lines.

Many games use the "find-and-replace words" ic-patch in their games which can be extended for dialogue lines or even for full scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
again what you describe is not incest and i still stand by what i said, that someone could ask zorlun what changes to be made.
the point is incest and not some patreon guidline crap, especially since legally zorlun will have nothing to do with it
Actually, as the game is right now, changing the text as I am describing it, is what gives the incest or not - the sex scenes are already there, it is the description of their connection that makes it incest.

Right now, it is enough to change the text, to make Marc again Myriam's son, by changing back some references from "Mi" to "Mom" and some other text that describes Marc as "Anthony's son" or the son of Myriam and Anthony, the text that says Anthony is the husband or no, etc.

Try doing it, and you will see that brings back the incest full force.

But that means finding in the text specific parts and replacing them, and they are not always the same. In some phrases, you need to replace "Mi" with "Mom", in others, it was always "Mi" and meant to be that way - exactly because Zorlun did not design it from the start for this type of replacement.

For the future, Zorlun will have to write directly things in a way that excludes the incest as seen by Patreon, so it is not said that type of change will become simpler or even possible at all.

Actually, if there was a legal violation aspect, if Zorlun was coordinating with a 3rd party by telling them what to change to get the incest, it would be what in criminal law is considerd an accomplice, thus liable.
But it is not a legal matter.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Zorlun
Maybe with your help we could make a "reverse-IC-patch"? Means, your official game version stays clean, but the ic.rpy has all the juicy lines.

Many games use the "find-and-replace words" ic-patch in their games which can be extended for dialogue lines or even for full scenes.
Hmm, this seems to require to have the old text and the new one corresponding always.

In the chapters till now, e.g. "Mi" could be a replacement for "mom" but could also be really "Mi", the dialogue with the "concerned colleague" would have to be modified to bring back something closer to the original, some reference to "Anthony" would stay but others have to be replaced by "husband", some phrase in dialogues have to be changed...

The fact some words sometime are really there and should stay as they are even with the incest, while others that are the same word should change if you want the incest, seems to be beyond such approach.

For the new chapters, Zorlun would have to see how much it would complicate life for him to write the text using "keywords" that can be just swapped in this way for the future chapters, without getting in the situation of some games where they put "landlord" and "landlady" and it is very visible that is something forced because it gives strange dialogues.
Zorlun's objective seems to be able to get a text that sound natural enough whether there is the patch applied or not.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hmm, this seems to require to have the old text and the new one corresponding always.

In the chapters till now, e.g. "Mi" could be a replacement for "mom" but could also be really "Mi", the dialogue with the "concerned colleague" would have to be modified to bring back something closer to the original, some reference to "Anthony" would stay but others have to be replaced by "husband", some phrase in dialogues have to be changed...

The fact some words sometime are really there and should stay as they are even with the incest, while others that are the same word should change if you want the incest, seems to be beyond such approach.

For the new chapters, Zorlun would have to see how much it would complicate life for him to write the text using "keywords" that can be just swapped in this way for the future chapters, without getting in the situation of some games where they put "landlord" and "landlady" and it is very visible that is something forced because it gives strange dialogues.
Zorlun's objective seems to be able to get a text that sound natural enough whether there is the patch applied or not.
That's why a "double-ic-patch" is required here.

1. to replace single words: Landlady -> mom.
2. swap an entire dialogue block or an entire scene.

No. 1 can be done with above code. No. 2 needs an indication number or key set by Zorlun in his dialogues. In a separate ic_dialogue.rpy file the juicy lines are stored. The code will find the id-number/key and replace the rated line for the unrated in the game.

This way Zorlun's version stays clean and the ic content is shared via lewdpatcher.

Reactions: Hrk19 and johnelros

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Zorlun , Myriam needs to explore her

I think Myriam needs to explore every kink she has with that steed of hers, preferably 3 times in a row as with the dog ! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:(y)
I started to write a short scenario mode thing about just that last night, but I got a bit carried away with it and it kinda ended up more a short unfinished story.

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020

No. 1 can be done with above code. No. 2 needs an indication number or key set by Zorlun in his dialogues. In a separate ic_dialogue.rpy file the juicy lines are stored. The code will find the id-number/key and replace the rated line for the unrated in the game.

This way Zorlun's version stays clean and the ic content is shared via lewdpatcher.
Nice, hopefully someone makes it now

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
I like the current version with the boy (Marc?) actually being Anthony's son and not Myriam's.

As for the girl (don't remember her name), we'll see what Zorlun has planned for her. Losing a source of lesbian orgies with her would be a pity (including all sort of toys, femdom, etc.), so I guess using the same trick with her should be good enough for both the story and Patreon.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020

Hmm, I can see what you mean for the number 2, but that is honestly something that may create more of a mess for Zorlun, so he is the only one who can decide whether to try doing it or not.

He would need to put in the dialogues some tag that is invisible to the unpatched player, or some tag around it that does not throw a compilation error when renpy compiles the text, but also does not have any visible effect, otherwise the unpatched players will complain, correctly, that they get crap text while playing.
For the bestiality, Zorlun has already found a working way so does not need the approach we are talking about.
And let's not forget not everybody is interested in keeping the incest.
Plus, not everybody is interested in having the bestiality and the incest, even only as possibility (I am, but I am not everybody else).
Those people who are not interested in that content would not apply the patch for incest, only for bestiality, or none at all, and they must be able to play the game without seeing some strange "tag_text normal test tag_text" (or some other effect of the tagging for replacement) appearing on the screen.

Zorlun would also need to tell the patch author what should be the text to put instead.
Even then, it is not guaranteed that we will not end up with some divergence in the story - Zorlun is doing his best, but at a certain point he may have to make paths that go in a way in which it is not only a change of text, but really e.g. images would be different if there was the incest path or not, plus having to keep track of two different version of the text.

I hope Zorlun does not get upset for this reveal, but to avoid the risk of getting in a spiral of theory.
I have done the changes needed to the text almost as soon as I got the new version (and I am a sponsor, though stuck on Patreon), so well before I started exchanging messages about the subject.
So, I know pretty well what that implied for the game so far (but not for the future).
Zorlun said that till when one "plays" (i.e. modifies the files) on their computer and it stays on their computer he does not mind if one wants to do it.
Not sharing, sharing would be like creating a parallel game but using Zorlun's content, very wrong.
But of course if in doing that they break something, they cannot expect Zorlun to be able to help them

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
Hmm, I can see what you mean for the number 2, but that is honestly something that may create more of a mess for Zorlun, so he is the only one who can decide whether to try doing it or not.

He would need to put in the dialogues some tag that is invisible to the unpatched player, or some tag around it that does not throw a compilation error when renpy compiles the text, but also does not have any visible effect, otherwise the unpatched players will complain, correctly, that they get crap text while playing.
For the bestiality, Zorlun has already found a working way so does not need the approach we are talking about.
Plus, not everybody is interested in having the bestiality and the incest, even only as possibility (I am, but I am not everybody else).
Those people who are not interested in that content would not apply the patch for incest, only for bestiality, or none at all, and they must be able to play the game without seeing some strange "tag_text normal test tag_text" (or some other effect of the tagging for replacement) appearing on the screen.

Zorlun would also need to tell the patch author what should be the text to put instead.
Even then, it is not guaranteed that we will not end up with some divergence in the story - Zorlun is doing his best, but at a certain point he may have to make paths that go in a way in which it is not only a change of text, but really e.g. images would be different if there was the incest path or not, plus having to keep track of two different version of the text.

I hope Zorlun does not get upset for this reveal, but to avoid the risk of getting in a spiral of theory.
I have done the changes needed to the text almost as soon as I got the new version (and I am a sponsor, though stuck on Patreon), so well before I started exchanging messages about the subject.
So, I know pretty well what that implied for the game so far (but not for the future).
Zorlun said that till when one "plays" (i.e. modifies the files) on their computer and it stays on their computer he does not mind if one wants to do it.
Not sharing, sharing would be like creating a parallel game but using Zorlun's content, very wrong.
But of course if in doing that they break something, they cannot expect Zorlun to be able to help them
Again, stop it, you keep justifying and putting down anyone who comes with the idea of putting the cut content back.
You can play the censored version if you prefer that one but some of us want the old version

Reactions: nodice20

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
The scene with Cassius, was only after the event with Anthony and his colleagues, sorry. So you didn't miss anything, it's just that different paths lead to different events, that's all, I invite you to keep different saves to try a bit of everything if you wish to see everything.
Probably why you also felt the update was short, because as time goes on and choices lead to consequences and multiple events, it makes updates feel shorter as all event are not for every path.
(Though if you saw absolutely no "furry" events, then maybe you have downloaded the game without Prometheus' patch, you should redownload it now from F95zone, Discord or SubscribeStar, they're all official release and have the patch inside.)
I appreciate the response. I definitely intend to have multiple saves, so that I can see all routes. I downloaded the version from here and it said "official", but perhaps there was a snafu with the download link. I'll try again. I really love the content you offer in this game. The previously mentioned 'furry' and interracial themes are fun.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

I do understand your points and agree with you. The patch would have a major impact on future branching paths for Marc and his sister.

The biggest problem would be creating extra renders for different branching paths, which is time consuming and might end in an incoherent story. Form a technical point there isn't much work to do since many other games have outsourced their incest, loli and bestiallity content to lewdpatcher already.

Since Zorlun agrees with your post, then I assume, that he isn't willing to work with the community and a modder to reinstate the unrated dialogues for Marc & Co. With that, there is no reason to continue this topic any further.

Take care.

4.40 star(s) 190 Votes