Rubix

Oct 14, 2017
does anyone have any idea why the game crashes during the event in Lucy's home?

i have replayed the game from the beginning and its still happening.

any ideas?

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
does anyone have any idea why the game crashes during the event in Lucy's home?

i have replayed the game from the beginning and its still happening.

any ideas?
Usually it's due to mods not up to date with the last version of the game.

Last edited:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
i see, thank you for the clarification, i'll try to play the game without the mods then
The most known mods are the walkthrough mode, the incest patch, plus the bunch from bibfoc (e.g. change characters' names, give a name to the save files...), and the mixed partial incest+walkthrough. As far as I know, for all of those except maybe the last one, there is already a version updated to 3.09a (I think even for the mixed partial, I am just not 100% sure). Maybe you need to update the mods you have installed.

buktccbfc71

Engaged Member
Dec 30, 2020
The most known mods are the walkthrough mode, the incest patch, plus the bunch from bibfoc (e.g. change characters' names, give a name to the save files...), and the mixed partial incest+walkthrough. As far as I know, for all of those except maybe the last one, there is already a version updated to 3.09a (I think even for the mixed partial, I am just not 100% sure). Maybe you need to update the mods you have installed.
Tell me. is it possible to achieve a group scene on the beach .. where does she swim??? THANKS.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I can not fuck William for some reason. I keep restarting but where in school I have to choose to please him?
Did you get the first scene with him? When you meet Bobo and rescue him from those teenagers, don't get him food, just get him warm clothes. If you get him food, you miss the opportunity to have sex with William back at Myriam's house, and William content will be permanently locked out.

Reactions: Zorlun

Deleted member 423149

Feb 5, 2018
Did you get the first scene with him? When you meet Bobo and rescue him from those teenagers, don't get him food, just get him warm clothes. If you get him food, you miss the opportunity to have sex with William back at Myriam's house, and William content will be permanently locked out.
Aha. Does this affec my relations with Bobo?

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Aha. Does this affec my relations with Bobo?
Not enough to matter, you can have the scene with William and have all the scenes with Bobo later if you wish.

(The thing with Bobo and William is a pretty major flaw in this game's design imho. It's fine that such a major character is missable, and it's fine that the choice that leads to you missing out on William's content isn't obvious in advance. But better design would be to make it so the choice you made that led to you being unable to fuck William was obvious in retrospect, so you'd know what to do on a second playthrough. "Help I can't figure out how to access William's content" is probably the #2 question that gets asked in the thread, right after "Help, I installed a mod and now the game ends prematurely rather than let me see the content in the latest version." That one at least isn't Zorlun's fault.)

Deleted member 423149

Feb 5, 2018
Not enough to matter, you can have the scene with William and have all the scenes with Bobo later if you wish.

(The thing with Bobo and William is a pretty major flaw in this game's design imho. It's fine that such a major character is missable, and it's fine that the choice that leads to you missing out on William's content isn't obvious in advance. But better design would be to make it so the choice you made that led to you being unable to fuck William was obvious in retrospect, so you'd know what to do on a second playthrough. "Help I can't figure out how to access William's content" is probably the #2 question that gets asked in the thread, right after "Help, I installed a mod and now the game ends prematurely rather than let me see the content in the latest version." That one at least isn't Zorlun's fault.)
Yes I think later updates are better in this regard

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

Yeah, there are a few other cases where doing one thing means you'll unknowingly skip out on something else, but most of the choices at least have their consequences clear in retrospect, like how going on the date with the principal has Myriam unleashing her weird-ass raceplay thing or whatever.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
1666274534748.png

So... more news about the next game update as well as my hardware update: let's be honest it's not all good news.

I finally received yesterday my new graphic card, an ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, it as been installed and tested for rendering, and boy does it goes fast, so good news... well, not so much in fact, if the 4090 does go fast and will make me save a lot of time in the future, as well as pushing back the limits of what I could render, but the reality is that the drivers (game-ready and studio) from nvidia are not fully functional with DAZ and the use of dforce is simply impossible, which mean I can't prepare my renders as they should with clothes and hair that use dforce, and the main hair and wet hair (like seen in the joined picture) are using dforce. Consequently, I can't render until the problem is fixed.

I presented the problem to the nvidia service on their forums and they acknowledged it and added it to the queue of things to look at, so that's that at least. I also passed all morning in live chat with their technical service, following a long line of unproductive installations and reboots that didn't solve the problem. I sent a ticket to the technical support of DAZ studio just in case as well. So for now I'm simply in limbo for rendering purposes and won't be able to finish my update until it's fixed, which I absolutely have no idea of how long it will take (my best guess would be days at best, weeks at worst).

So, what does it means for the update?
Well, as things are now, I simply can't finish my update, as I can't fully prepare my renders before rendering. Which means contrary as what I thought and said on my last news, I will probably not be able to finish my update in time before the end of the month (unless there is a miraculous fix in a few days and I'm able to get back on rendering).

What can you do meanwhile?
Meanwhile, I can still work on writing and programming, and take some advance on future scenes, which will make me gain some time for later. I'll also prepare on DAZ some future scenes and characters, which always takes some time, again, in hope to gain some time later on when I can start fully rendering.

What are your thoughts and feelings?
Pissed and annoyed! I'm really sorry for this hiccup, I was so focused on getting the new toys that I didn't imagine it would delay me that much on my work. And I'm very sorry to not be able to give you the usual update at the end of the month (even if it gets a fix soon, the delay I already have would make a very small update).

So, in conclusion?
In conclusion, unless miracle, this monthly update will be merged with the next one like I did in May/June. I don't like breaking my schedule like this, but I think it's the best course of action (again, unless miracle).

What does it means for the future?
Nothing changed really, as soon as this is fixed, updates will be back on schedule with early access towards end of the month and public access a week later. When this technical problem is fixed I will be able to render faster and with less limits, so I should be able to catch up quickly on finishing up the chapter and the game (honestly speaking, I estimate on the long run that it will make me gain a year on the final game schedule, but I'll give you a full estimate when I've been able to work more with the new hardware), so if it's definitely a hiccup on my schedule, I think on the long term the change of hardware will be a big plus once the drivers are fixed.

In conclusion conclusion!
On that note, sorry for the wall of text, I just believe in keeping you all informed and giving you all a full rundown of what I'm going through in works of the game. So thank you all again for your support and help, the game wouldn't be what it is today without you. More info as soon as I have them.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
View attachment 2112522

So... more news about the next game update as well as my hardware update: let's be honest it's not all good news.

I finally received yesterday my new graphic card, an ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, it as been installed and tested for rendering, and boy does it goes fast, so good news... well, not so much in fact, if the 4090 does go fast and will make me save a lot of time in the future, as well as pushing back the limits of what I could render, but the reality is that the drivers (game-ready and studio) from nvidia are not fully functional with DAZ and the use of dforce is simply impossible, which mean I can't prepare my renders as they should with clothes and hair that use dforce, and the main hair and wet hair (like seen in the joined picture) are using dforce. Consequently, I can't render until the problem is fixed.

I presented the problem to the nvidia service on their forums and they acknowledged it and added it to the queue of things to look at, so that's that at least. I also passed all morning in live chat with their technical service, following a long line of unproductive installations and reboots that didn't solve the problem. I sent a ticket to the technical support of DAZ studio just in case as well. So for now I'm simply in limbo for rendering purposes and won't be able to finish my update until it's fixed, which I absolutely have no idea of how long it will take (my best guess would be days at best, weeks at worst).

Well, as things are now, I simply can't finish my update, as I can't fully prepare my renders before rendering. Which means contrary as what I thought and said on my last news, I will probably not be able to finish my update in time before the end of the month (unless there is a miraculous fix in a few days and I'm able to get back on rendering).

Meanwhile, I can still work on writing and programming, and take some advance on future scenes, which will make me gain some time for later. I'll also prepare on DAZ some future scenes and characters, which always takes some time, again, in hope to gain some time later on when I can start fully rendering.

Pissed and annoyed! I'm really sorry for this hiccup, I was so focused on getting the new toys that I didn't imagine it would delay me that much on my work. And I'm very sorry to not be able to give you the usual update at the end of the month (even if it gets a fix soon, the delay I already have would make a very small update).

So, in conclusion?
In conclusion, unless miracle, this monthly update will be merged with the next one like I did in May/June. I don't like breaking my schedule like this, but I think it's the best course of action (again, unless miracle).

Nothing changed really, as soon as this is fixed, updates will be back on schedule with early access towards end of the month and public access a week later. When this technical problem is fixed I will be able to render faster and with less limits, so I should be able to catch up quickly on finishing up the chapter and the game (honestly speaking, I estimate on the long run that it will make me gain a year on the final game schedule, but I'll give you a full estimate when I've been able to work more with the new hardware), so if it's definitely a hiccup on my schedule, I think on the long term the change of hardware will be a big plus once the drivers are fixed.

On that note, sorry for the wall of text, I just believe in keeping you all informed and giving you all a full rundown of what I'm going through in works of the game. So thank you all again for your support and help, the game wouldn't be what it is today without you. More info as soon as I have them.
just go back to using the 3080

Reactions: Soraiya

Viressa

May 24, 2018
View attachment 2112522

So, in conclusion?

Boo :<

Hope this issue gets worked out soon, the drivers not supporting 3D rendering software properly is a *huge* oversight on Nvidia's part. Rendering farms are one of the main things GPUs are used for!

Honestly, this new series of GPUs sucks hard in a lot of ways, because they were absolutely designed under the assumption they'd be primarily used for mining and were ready for release just after the crypto market crashed and suddenly nobody wanted mining rigs anymore.

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
just go back to using the 3080
Sadly not an option.

Hope this issue gets worked out soon, the drivers not supporting 3D rendering software properly is a *huge* oversight on Nvidia's part. Rendering farms are one of the main things GPUs are used for!

Honestly, this new series of GPUs sucks hard in a lot of ways, because they were absolutely designed under the assumption they'd be primarily used for mining and were ready for release just after the crypto market crashed and suddenly nobody wanted mining rigs anymore.
Well, the 4090 does render in a flash, did some test on renders that were too big for the 3080 and did them in not even 15min, but sadly the dforce simulation is for now impossible.
Though if it puts me on hiatus for now, it will let me work a lot more faster later on and with a lot less limits.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020

Well, actually, according to the announcement by NVIDIA's CEO (saw the GTC presentation), those cards are clearly meant for rendering and gaming (though they can also be used for computational purposes).
So, it is more probably a problem with the fact their primary focus was on the real-time rendering for game engines like unreal and so on, and I guess to keep the launch date (despite the new chips and change of manufacturing process), they looked less at the pure Iray rendering (which is the one used by Daz by default), despite being NVIDIA's own product.
Actually, I just corrected my post, after seeing Zorlun's reply. It is the dForce that is not working well, not the Iray rendering.
dForce, if I remember correctly (and I may be completely wrong :)), is not really something from NVIDIA, it is something from Daz that uses the Physx engine and/or CUDA interface of NVIDIA.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Tell me. is it possible to achieve a group scene on the beach .. where does she swim??? THANKS.
No, or at least no clue.
The swimming you saw was the preview of the next update. My bet, given some hint from Zolrun, is that you will be able to get some sexy time with Cassius, and from the latest picture released from Zorlun, some peeking from some young fellow, but I don't know if there will be any group activity :)-) sounds like if I was talking about people doing a sports club at school, not about sex :)).
Not saying I would be against it, depending on how it happens (but Zorlun tries to avoid completely gratutious stuff with no connection with the story, aside the weird events, that are by choice and are anyway initiated while the story goes on and go back to the story), just I don't know if there will be something like that.

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
To some extent, but for now it will stay limited, but there will be more beach scene in the future and a group scene on the beach is already in the book.
Well, actually, according to the announcement by NVIDIA's CEO (saw the GTC presentation), those cards are clearly meant for rendering and gaming (though they can also be used for computational purposes).
So, it is more probably a problem with the fact their primary focus was on the real-time rendering for game engines like unreal and so on, and I guess to keep the launch date (despite the new chips and change of manufacturing process), they looked less at the pure Iray rendering (which is the one used by Daz by default), despite being NVIDIA's own product.
Actually, I just corrected my post, after seeing Zorlun's reply. It is the dForce that is not working well, not the Iray rendering.
dForce, if I remember correctly (and I may be completely wrong :)), is not really something from NVIDIA, it is something from Daz that uses the Physx engine and/or CUDA interface of NVIDIA.
That was my understanding also, and as stated in the post that fortuna95 shared, I contacted nvidia and left a report on their forums, and I received a message back stating that they could "reproduce" the issue and added it to the list of issues they had to fix (I verified and it's actually in the listed queue of issues to fix), so I'm hopeful it won't take too long to get fix.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
and left a report on their forums, and I received a message back stating that they could "reproduce" the issue and added it to the list of issues they had to fix (I verified and it's actually in the listed queue of issues to fix), so I'm hopeful it won't take too long to get fix.
That's great !
I was afraid it would have had to be done by the Daz Support - in both occasions when I contacted them, it took months to get the automatic message that said they would reply in two days :), and then when someone sent a message, it was a message showing they had not even read the ticket, just said "have you updated the drivers" (except, in both cases, it had nothing to do with rendering or anything involving drivers :-D)

4.40 star(s) 190 Votes