TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Lucy regularly beats the crap out of men who are twice her size and much stronger/tougher than she she is.
And this, of course, is completely unrealistic. But, since this is a game, and is entirely fictional, that doesn't matter. Far be it from me to grumble about unrealistic elements in fiction. As long as the story is told well, unrealistic elements are welcome. In fact, I would be inclined to say that the need to embrace the unrealistic is one of the reasons why we enjoy fiction.

All of that being said, I won't try to address the rest of your points, such as Myriam's training, whether or not she would pose a serious threat to a larger man, or whether or not you could put a whole gang to flight by taking out one member. I don't find any of those arguments to be compelling in a real world setting, but I've already stipulated that I'm ready to accept unrealistic elements in fiction, so I can give all of that a pass.

The thing that matters here is that it will be the player's choice. It won't come down to a question of what's realistic or unrealistic in the real world, or whether or not you think it's good character development for Myriam's story arc. If the player doesn't want Myriam to get raped, then, provided that you have been making the right choices all along, she won't be raped. Either she won't get into the dangerous situations in the first place, or she'll escape or be rescued, or she'll kick ass, or some combination of those things. But, if you've made different choices, then she's going to take a length against her will.

It's interesting that Zorlun hasn't included rape as a tag for events we've already seen in the game, even though some would argue otherwise. Including it as a future tag could mean many things, as it may apply to other characters besides Myriam.
But he has included "rape" as a tag - in the game. There are multiple scenes in the game which have a "rape" tag in the game's code.

And, if you've played through all of the scenes in the game, then this won't surprise you, because, even without looking at the code, you will already have seen that there are definitely some scenes which a reasonable person would consider to be rape. But, if you haven't played through those scenes, then you may not be aware of that.

But I will just say that it's just a tag presently, not a political statement on the nomenclature of the word, which just means in the end that there will be some rape thematic in the game, involving Myriam...
I'm glad to hear it.

I don't think that you should shy away from anything which you want to include in the game. Of course, I appreciate things being made optional, because there are some types of content which I would rather not play through. But I'm certainly not going to complain about those things being in the game, when I can just skip over them.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
In fact, I would be inclined to say that the need to embrace the unrealistic is one of the reasons why we enjoy fiction.
Reality in this game is set by Zorlun, even if it means that Lucy fights like Black Widow and Aidan is a mini martial artist. That's fine, for the reasons you listed.

I'm more concerned about perceived game reality re the consequences of rape. If a game branch appears where the player can decide that Myriam will be raped, what happens after that? Will she continue her normal behaviour - even if that behaviour was the cause of her rape? Will she be traumatised afterwards, drastically changing her behaviour and relationships as a result? Will she discover that rape is another of her fetishes, putting herself into increasingly more dangerous situations to satisfy it? Writing a rape is straightforward, but dealing with the consequences won't be, so I hope Zorlun can come up with a solution that satisfies most players.

The easiest solution would be to have the rape path lead to another bad end, where Myriam is murdered by the rapist afterwards. Simple, but the rape fans would probably be outraged. :devilish:

Reactions: Zorlun

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
View attachment 2198567

What I'm cutting it short!? Never! Well, pretty close, but I'll be in time unless some unforeseen catastrophe occurs, and those never arrive! (Feel my power of auto-persuasion!) Joke aside, I'm seeing the light, of the scene and update, I just have two small subscenes to wrap up, which should be done tomorrow (the 28th or morning of the 29th at worse), then it's polishing and testing, which takes half day or so, then finally uploading, that I'll probably start on the 29th to be in time for the 30th. See! Told you I was good for it! ^^

So, that preview, well simply Mike's road of the 'date night' scene, with Myriam going out with him for dinner and more if the player choose so. There will be multiple way to go through it, with a possibility to cut short and leave him again blue balled. Mike's scene will also the introduction of another character, again, no spoiler, I let you have the fun of discovery.
On the naughty side, multiple way to go again, ranging from the torrid but vanilla to some threesome and even some potential cheating and drunken sex. As always, choice will matter as well as her alcohol consumption this time around, leaving a few to go about it.

It was a pretty funny scene to work on and the new hardware is just flying through the renders, the next game is really more enjoyable to work on (despite the stress of the long delay), I just hope you'll enjoy the scenes as well. ^^
this hairstyle is not exactly the best for me, but we accept what comes

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
giphy.gif
IT'S ALIVE!!!

In early access on Patreon and SubscribeStar for higher tiers patrons, Project Myriam - Life & Explorations ch3.10!
Public version will be out on December 7th!

It was a hard road on this one with the hardware update, but we're back on tracks with a vengeance! ^^

What's coming:
- 4600+ lines of new code and 370 new renders.
- 3 scenes (with numerous subscenes).
- 24 new choices to make Myriam more your own and write her story.
- A little more naughty content (7+ subscenes).
- 2 new characters.
- Multiple code and spellchecking fixes.
As you can see, a big update, nearly double the size of the usual, so despite the delay, we're nearly already caught up. ^^

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
View attachment 2204085
IT'S ALIVE!!!

In early access on Patreon and SubscribeStar for higher tiers patrons, Project Myriam - Life & Explorations ch3.10!
Public version will be out on December 7th!

It was a hard road on this one with the hardware update, but we're back on tracks with a vengeance! ^^

What's coming:

As you can see, a big update, nearly double the size of the usual, so despite the delay, we're nearly already caught up. ^^
Wish I could donate but I can't even afford to feed myself these days. Great work! You are impressive to say the least! (y)

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
View attachment 2198567

What I'm cutting it short!? Never! Well, pretty close, but I'll be in time unless some unforeseen catastrophe occurs, and those never arrive! (Feel my power of auto-persuasion!) Joke aside, I'm seeing the light, of the scene and update, I just have two small subscenes to wrap up, which should be done tomorrow (the 28th or morning of the 29th at worse), then it's polishing and testing, which takes half day or so, then finally uploading, that I'll probably start on the 29th to be in time for the 30th. See! Told you I was good for it! ^^

So, that preview, well simply Mike's road of the 'date night' scene, with Myriam going out with him for dinner and more if the player choose so. There will be multiple way to go through it, with a possibility to cut short and leave him again blue balled. Mike's scene will also the introduction of another character, again, no spoiler, I let you have the fun of discovery.
On the naughty side, multiple way to go again, ranging from the torrid but vanilla to some threesome and even some potential cheating and drunken sex. As always, choice will matter as well as her alcohol consumption this time around, leaving a few to go about it.

It was a pretty funny scene to work on and the new hardware is just flying through the renders, the next game is really more enjoyable to work on (despite the stress of the long delay), I just hope you'll enjoy the scenes as well. ^^
:love::love: Looks like things are going to heat up like hell Now I won't even be able to sleep wondering what this part will be like.
pepega-pepe-the-frog.gif

4.40 star(s) 190 Votes