3.00 star(s) 36 Votes

tgp31

Aug 17, 2018
YEP, it's broken: you cannot choose the start options the way you want (because you set always corrupted even if not choosen), and start page is ugly. (but thumbs up for the idea)

I did it the proper way, fixed:
- CHOOSE PATREON corruption start
How do you edit to activate patreon content? I would like to know so I can do the same for other games in future and help others.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
How do you edit to activate patreon content? I would like to know so I can do the same for other games in future and help others.
Tough question. Probably I can assume that you are average person without coding or IT experience, so first you would have to understand how HTML and JavaScript works. I don't think the same exact method can be used in another game without alteration. For example: every developer can define his/her own variable names. I did the learning, at least a year to understand some basics and you have to think what you are doing to not make bugs.

tgp31

Aug 17, 2018
Tough question. Probably I can assume that you are average person without coding or IT experience, so first you would have to understand how HTML and JavaScript works. I don't think the same exact method can be used in another game without alteration. For example: every developer can define his/her own variable names. I did the learning, at least a year to understand some basics and you have to think what you are doing to not make bugs.
I know some basics of programming so I can learn fast. I am just not very familiar with javascreept or HTML. But I will try to learn it. Thanks for your reply. New things to learn is always exiting.

Reactions: ustar

Sunshine999

Oct 5, 2017
My comments did not refer to your game or versioning at all, just to the idea that versioning is "just numbers" and that "it really depends on developer how the thing is versioned or named," especially combined with the incorrect assertion that Windows 1 was somehow just an early beta and incomplete version of Windows. I have no objections to post-full-release version numbers like 1.1.1. Hearts of Iron, an AAA game, is now on 1.13.1 with the latest version of the DLC, so you are in fine company.

AAA companies use

YummyYummy

Apr 29, 2017
Open up javascript console (F12 -> click Console), run:
JavaScript:
window.hashStr = function (txt) {
    if (txt == "web") {
        return 3443508;
    } else if (txt == "start") {
        return -718837726;
    }
}
Now the codes are web and start, just like in 1.1.
How does this work exactly? I never can see anything in Java for console after hitting f12?

SunlessSpear

Aug 11, 2017
How does this work exactly? I never can see anything in Java for console after hitting f12?
Hitting f12 in your browser brings up the dev tools, one tab of which is the console.
That said, I've no clue what that code is even meant to do, nevermind where and when it should be executed.

redmagebr

Oct 12, 2016
Hitting f12 in your browser brings up the dev tools, one tab of which is the console.
That said, I've no clue what that code is even meant to do, nevermind where and when it should be executed.
It replaces the default hash generator with one that feeds the password prompts exactly what they want even if we don't have the codes themselves. If there have been updates it should have stopped working.

Reactions: SunlessSpear
3.00 star(s) 36 Votes