paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
why are previous saves not compatible?
The saves from 0.15 on should be compatible. Before that, they aren't. If your save from 0.15 is not compatible, you can send me the error and I can look into that.
The answer to "Why" is my lack of experience and major changes in the code.

Reactions: Esteban32
Feb 27, 2017
I agree with most of whats been said that pacing and player choice being the problems holding back a game that could otherwise be very popular like good girl gone bad (I'm assuming that's the kind of game you're making)

Choice: I would recommend going back and tracking points then gating h-content behind it, it's a very popular corruption mechanic because even though most players will just enter into every scene possible, it rewards them for seeking the events and makes sure they pick the correct option each encounter to get a sex scene so that they don't miss the big ones (like a gangbang that would require high corruption points). This also makes players who dislike a character (like the principal for example, actually have to decide, Hey I hate this guy and I don't want the MC to sleep with him BUT if I don't maybe I wont have enough corruption for a good scene later, which coincides with the MC who feels like she is pressured to sleep with this person and now we as player can empathize cause we also don't like it but do it for the "greater good". Also gives people a choice to do a virgin, prude, not-that-slutty run through (If for some ungodly reason they choose to :p).

Pacing: You honestly have enough content for a v60 lol, spreading it out and building story would probably help, I mean look at those daughter games, they go 20 versions before a single sex scene and make 20k+ a month on patreon cause the devs build the story/characters and relationships. Introducing a character day 1, having them do light stuff, kissing, HJ, feet etc day 2-4 THEN day 5-6 sex only if you have enough points/choose right dialogue options would feel more organic and rewarding for the player

An example of these principles put into place for the celebrity story arc would be: Put a poster of the rapper in her room, a few dialogue scenes talking to other npcs about how much she adores him, the manager finding out and saying maybe if you work hard I can talk to his agents get him down here, then if she has enough corruption and exp when she meets him and player makes right choices they can have sex, gangbang or nothing cause shes a virgin etc. also making her choose between seeing him or completing another story arc gives the game replayablity, in GGB many pathways block each other out. this really makes you feel choices have consequence.

Making her choose between the brothers and other NPCs will also add another dynamic, maybe people will view her as a slut if she picks too many and then certain characters (nicer ones) won't be interested in her.

Lastly Dialogue based on tracked variables is an easy way to give the illusion of consequence, the choices all lead to the same point but what she says, thinks and acts changes while the renders (expect face MAYBE) are the same.

Good Luck

Reactions: BigWamanHunter

ShadowPerv

Sep 29, 2017
@paperwork
I've posted before about this topic, but I will say that I agree with @Elcho in terms that you have enough content to take a step back and maybe devote one update to change/improve the pacing. Some of his ideas are interesting too.

I didn't want to compare your game to some other game (it might come off as rude) but I have to agree that "good Girl Gone Bad" is a similar game that does some good things in terms if player choices. The idea of a slutty protagonist but one where the character has the option of being slutty sometimes and not so much on other scenarios.

Now, I'm guessing 3D art style takes more time rendering than 2D so it might be more work, but you do have a good amount of high qualiy scenes already, so taking some time to improve the pacing of the story and scenes, and add some progression could result in a more cohesive and better story overall.

If you could do it now, when the game is still at an "early" stage (compared to a lot of other games, your game has like about 4 times the content in terms of scenes, but a little less in terms of story progression/cohesion) I feel that your game could become one of the great ones.

I did read that you're looking to make some adjusments which is also nice, so I'll be looking forward to that.
I like your idea of compartmentalisation in particular, since it can give the player the choices that aree lacking right now.

Answering to what scenes we liked, I have mentioned already but I will add some more:
I didn't really like the scenes with the homeless man, but I didn't hate them either, just not my cup of tea.
I liked the Hank and Matt scenes early on, but I feel you could use 1 more scene before the one with Hank's "brother" (drawing a blank on his name atm).
I also liked some of the exhivisionist scenes since it plays into the character progression.
The scene with the 2 boys was interesting because she was in control a lot more than in many of other scenes (at least it felt like that to me), which also plays nice into what you're trying to convey.
The black gang-bang aren't my thing either, but I think it is well done in terms of quality, but as I mentioned before, it was just too forced for her progression.

I'll take the newest update for a spin this weekend and post any problems (bugs) that I might find.

Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention before and that I wanted to was that I would like to see some lesbian action.
You mentioned that you want her not to be a full corrupted character but with more control over her experiences, then maybe trying out something with another girl could be an intersting path to take. Maybe you though about this with MS. Smith already (gives me the impresion something might happen there) or with someone else if you want to have alternatives.

Anyway, I just hope you don't get discourage or anything. I still believe you are doing a great work in terms of renders and scene quality. Some of the characters are also interesting (while stereotypical) they just need some more fleshing out. So keep up the good work in that sense.
In the end, just take these are suggestions. We can critique and suggest all we want, but in the end, you're the one who's goind to have to work on the game and if you're not happy with the direction of the game, then it just won't work in the long run. So do what feel right to you and portrait your own vision in the game.

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
@paperwork id like to report 2 bugs....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you @qwagrah,
1) I'll check it out. There must be some info there that tells you that she doesn't want to think about what has happened. She will recall that scene at the end of day11 while thinking about her mistakes. I may have messed up the files while copy pasting... Did the scene play at the end of day11?
2) Any saves done before day10 should work. I put a warning about saving before sleeping. "Fuck her" route made some major changes in day10, so I was expecting inconsistency.

B

BigWamanHunter

Thank you @qwagrah,
1) I'll check it out. There must be some info there that tells you that she doesn't want to think about what has happened. She will recall that scene at the end of day11 while thinking about her mistakes. I may have messed up the files while copy pasting... Did the scene play at the end of day11?
2) Any saves done before day10 should work. I put a warning about saving before sleeping. "Fuck her" route made some major changes in day10, so I was expecting inconsistency.
Well am actually playing the game right now XD..... Currently at spa scene.....everything goes smoothly if i go with the touching route...... Love this update so far
i will tell if it plays in day 11......

Off to fap

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
Have a playthrough with the other option too. If you choose "Fuck her", you'll get a big scene -probably biggest I've ever made- at the end of day11. If you choose "touch her", you won't get it. About the g. hole, I made what you said, then took it out before release since I decided her to come in that scene later.

B

BigWamanHunter

Have a playthrough with the other option too. If you choose "Fuck her", you'll get a big scene -probably biggest I've ever made- at the end of day11. If you choose "touch her", you won't get it. About the g. hole, I made what you said, then took it out before release since I decided her to come in that scene later.
Ok cool....Will reroute.... Looking forward to the next g.h.... I just got through the art class posing session...

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
Futa and lesbian scenes will always be optional. This is a F/M game at heart (in the future there may be a few lesbian scenes crucial for the plot, nothing planned yet though).

The choice you asked about Sora is being written for the next version, so, it will really be a spoiler if I talk about it :) It will affect Matt in the near future more than Sora. That's all I can say.

B

BigWamanHunter

Well i hope u also keep viewing futa girls naked optional.... I just finished this version.... Cant get enough of her

I hope to see more of mrs anable n loved the conversation she had with grandpa after spa night and the ine with herself in the end...

I think the poker pary scene was the most fun scene in this game..

Am looking forward to the enjoy route of last scene(if u r gona do it?) (may be remove her glasses if thats not much work) .... I enjoyed only the last part of the beach gangbang....... Its kinda sad to see a fine woman like the mc be used and raped like tgat... I hope she gets back at them next update

P. S: I'd like to share an idea of mine...

Reactions: redwind21

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
Well i hope u also keep viewing futa girls naked optional.... I just finished this version.... Cant get enough of her

I hope to see more of mrs anable n loved the conversation she had with grandpa after spa night and the ine with herself in the end...

I think the poker pary scene was the most fun scene in this game..

Am looking forward to the enjoy route of last scene(if u r gona do it?) (may be remove her glasses if thats not much work) .... I enjoyed only the last part of the beach gangbang....... Its kinda sad to see a fine woman like the mc be used and raped like tgat... I hope she gets back at them next update

P. S: I'd like to share an idea of mine...

- I'm glad you felt sad for the beach scene, because it changes her. She didn't like it either. It'll take some time before she gets back at them. But she will.
- I'm having fun while writing the poker scenes. In fact, I wait until I feel good to write them.
- You are not the first one suggesting that about the poker scene :)

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
I agree with most of whats been said that pacing and player choice being the problems holding back a game that could otherwise be very popular like good girl gone bad (I'm assuming that's the kind of game you're making)

Choice: I would recommend going back and tracking points then gating h-content behind it, it's a very popular corruption mechanic because even though most players will just enter into every scene possible, it rewards them for seeking the events and makes sure they pick the correct option each encounter to get a sex scene so that they don't miss the big ones (like a gangbang that would require high corruption points). This also makes players who dislike a character (like the principal for example, actually have to decide, Hey I hate this guy and I don't want the MC to sleep with him BUT if I don't maybe I wont have enough corruption for a good scene later, which coincides with the MC who feels like she is pressured to sleep with this person and now we as player can empathize cause we also don't like it but do it for the "greater good". Also gives people a choice to do a virgin, prude, not-that-slutty run through (If for some ungodly reason they choose to :p).

Pacing: You honestly have enough content for a v60 lol, spreading it out and building story would probably help, I mean look at those daughter games, they go 20 versions before a single sex scene and make 20k+ a month on patreon cause the devs build the story/characters and relationships. Introducing a character day 1, having them do light stuff, kissing, HJ, feet etc day 2-4 THEN day 5-6 sex only if you have enough points/choose right dialogue options would feel more organic and rewarding for the player

An example of these principles put into place for the celebrity story arc would be: Put a poster of the rapper in her room, a few dialogue scenes talking to other npcs about how much she adores him, the manager finding out and saying maybe if you work hard I can talk to his agents get him down here, then if she has enough corruption and exp when she meets him and player makes right choices they can have sex, gangbang or nothing cause shes a virgin etc. also making her choose between seeing him or completing another story arc gives the game replayablity, in GGB many pathways block each other out. this really makes you feel choices have consequence.

Making her choose between the brothers and other NPCs will also add another dynamic, maybe people will view her as a slut if she picks too many and then certain characters (nicer ones) won't be interested in her.

Lastly Dialogue based on tracked variables is an easy way to give the illusion of consequence, the choices all lead to the same point but what she says, thinks and acts changes while the renders (expect face MAYBE) are the same.

Good Luck
Thank you Elcho for writing such a detailed review. I'm getting quite a few of them lately and I enjoy reading and thinking about them. But, writing answers to them is very difficult. Please don't get the delay as I'm ignoring them.

I've always wanted to have an intro where the MC does everything than hits bottom and does things differently (or the same, according to the player). Because the corruption games, in general, move too fast in my opinion. Usually 10 updates with nothing, then the MC starts to have sex with everyone because she's corrupted now. And I don't want this game to be a corruption game like that. If corrupting her is the aim, once corrupted, the game is over.

All you have written are true. I can't deny that. And you are talking about a proven formula with good intentions. For example, your take on celebrity arc is really good (all of them are good). The small amount of patrons I have also supports that people, in general, enjoy corruption (I'm grateful to all of my patrons btw). What I wonder is, with the new mechanics I'm trying to implement (A post in the previous page), will the content I've released so far still make people playing it unsatisfied? Because I want to leave this as an intro, which was the intention from the beginning (not this long, though).

I'm a little bit reluctant going over old stuff, I'd prefer working on new. I'm honestly asking for opinions.

May 7, 2018
I like how u progress with the MC in this game so far (it's indeed a bit different then the usual corrupting games, but i like this way as well ... and it seems there are a lot who like it aswell :).
However it would be nice that soon she would lost her virginity. Don't get me wrong, i'm into anal sex too, but i kinda start to pity her after all those many black cocks. I mean the pussy is more made to bare dicks then asshole, cuz after many use u cant realy control ur shi... even if its a game ^^'
And i dont think that if she loose her virginity, it would mean that she's corrupted, and end of the game (as u mentioned before) cuz she's already a slut (in a good way tho xD). Maybe the player could choose to with who have first pussy sex (matt, mr willson, dumas, etc), but maybe u already thought about this (if yes then nevermind), but i would like to see soo much, where all her 3 holes are fucked :3

Furthermore i liked the pretty futa girl aswell (she had a girl body still in underwear, and then just as naked became futa) i'm into that shit aswell (but just in games ofc ^^) and lesbian sceenes. So keep up the good (paper)work :)

Feb 27, 2017
"corruption games, in general, move too fast in my opinion. Usually 10 updates with nothing, then the MC starts to have sex with everyone because she's corrupted now.
Maybe you've only played bad corruption games as that is an example of poor pacing, a good corruption game feels natural, like the player earned the scenes, everything they do slowly corrupts her. IMO the MC in this game is too easy, it feels compared to other games that shes already corrupted when you start, which is why a few people have pointed out issues with pacing, generally in most fem MC games they'll do like hj>bj>fj>pussy>ass with maybe 1 or 2 guys in private so they don't get a reputation as a slut, as they build corruption move to exhibition, then strangers or less well known NPCS (in this game non-family) then in public, then with groups, finally groups in public and game over (you win or lose depending on how you wanted her to end up, slut or virgin, prude, loyal to one etc)

"I don't want this game to be a corruption game like that. If corrupting her is the aim, once corrupted, the game is over."
That's the formula cause once you hit group public sex with strangers where do you go? if the story isn't compelling, and you've seen her do everything unless you want to add beastiality, rape (which are against patreon TOS) and even more extreme fetishes it's hard to retain players, they've seen her do everything, so it's boring to re-watch it with different male NPC that have no developed stories. BUT no one's an expert maybe your formula can work I just haven't seen it any games make it big with it.

"will the content I've released so far still make people playing it unsatisfied? Because I want to leave this as an intro, which was the intention from the beginning (not this long, though)"
I assume your patreons and fans like it but no one can say for how long, are you happy continuing working on the game (how ever may hours a month it is) for what ever you're making on patreon right now? or do you want to grow

"I'd prefer working on new. I'm honestly asking for opinions."
At this point (v17) what else can you really do?, other than vaginal sex and public stuff we've seen her do it all, without an ultimate goal, corruption gated events or good partner character development the remainder is more of the same (MC is doing (insert sex act) with (npc(s) because (save company, get rich, meet celebrity, etc).

"Usually 10 updates with nothing"
Yeah it's definitely a spectrum, like @ShadowPerv said I don't like comparing your game with another in case that's not the kind you want to make but you can always look at others and take what you like, so GoodGirlGoneBad update schedule, 1 per month, usually 4-5 scenes (1-2 per path and a few universal/shared scenes) and the rest of the dev time devoted to story building and quality pictures. At the end of the day we're not telling you how many you should put just saying IF YOU think you want to shift priorities and work on story or go back and change some things so this update will only have 5 scenes vs 10 then there's precedent of very successful games (GGB and KoD is like 6.5k+ per month now) doing the same.

the ultimate problem is, you're making a Fem MC game with a male MC formula, they work because the fem NPCs are the focus, they have their own stories and they look different so each scene with each NPC is unique, with fem MCs its all about her, once you've seen her do everything unless you write good story arcs, have other mechanics and good mc and npc character development the games over cause people get bored of same girl.

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes